New Account For 100%?

ASleepyGerbil

Hey duo to my lack of interest to trophies in the past i have a few games unobtainable or just damn grindy like world of tanks and the tommorow children 

Can people check my account to see if i should just create a new account or just keep going on backlog ,except world of tanks as that game is soo boring 

Thanks ,also if it is backlog please include a game you think i should try 100% and ill get back to you with it ,Once again thanks for your help

2 minutes ago, CraigyXO said:

As someone who strives to earn platinum in every game they play I'd say do what you enjoy doing man. If you think you'd enjoy starting a new account and 100%ing each game why not give it a shot?

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

If you want to make a new account then make it, you shouldn't ask strangers to make a choice which only effects you.

Ok Thanks 

That's what I did, not for 100% completion, but just for a 100% Platinum rate.  I don't regret it either, I've had a blast going back & re-playing all my games (& I still have a year or twos worth of games in my backlog).  xD 

I had 80 Platinums & a 70% completion rate when I did that, considering you're at 17 & 40%, I'd vote to go ahead & start a new one. :P 

I say, keep that account and use it for fun and checking out games and make a new one for 100% only so you can  be for sure to be able to keep a 100%.

Naturally fun ist the most important factor but if you really have fun to aim for 100% in all the games then this will be a save approach

1 hour ago, DDOSyourNan said:

Hey duo to my lack of interest to trophies in the past i have a few games unobtainable or just damn grindy like world of tanks and the tommorow children 

Can people check my account to see if i should just create a new account or just keep going on backlog ,except world of tanks as that game is soo boring 

Thanks ,also if it is backlog please include a game you think i should try 100% and ill get back to you with it ,Once again thanks for your help

2300 of backlog trophies and many of them are pretty tough it would take a year or even more to get 100% on them and some are unobtainable so IMO create a new one if your target is completing everything to 100% i have only 6% and i fucking hate it :D

I think if you have at least a 75 percent completion rate or better, continue to play on your old account. If you have less than 70 percent due to a lot of unfinished games due to server closure and whatnot, it's probably a good idea to start new.

I see most new accounts only stick with a PS4 or at least play offline only games since old PS3 games with online trophies are very risky. Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 are good examples. With college coming up and a soon to be increased work schedule I'm not going to have time to get all the online trophies done for those games. Plus you need to spend around 20 - 30+ hours for that Valor Grand Cross trophy in Killzone 2. Good luck to everyone on this website who is going for it.

Then there's games that have been delisted, games with servers that closed years ago, and so on. I don't consider myself a casual but I'm not exactly hardcore either. I play most games that I feel comfortable with, I'll play a few hard games here and there but I don't go overboard with them.

It's practically impossible for me to obtain 100 percent completion on this account and even if I could achieve it I would have to spend several hundreds of hours boosting. The most important thing is to have fun while your playing your games and earning trophies. There's nothing wrong with having a couple games you can't platinum anymore due to server closure, or you lack the skills necessary to beat the games. Eventually all of us will have a game we can't beat, or we jumped on the bandwagon too late to get the online trophies in time.

Making a new account is something that I did when I felt like I wanted a fresh start where I would actually play the games I purchase. Just make sure you are having fun while doing it, since if it gets to the point where trophy hunting feels like an obligation, you may need to take a step back and re-evaluate why you made a new account. 

Be wary of skipping titles though that you may not be able to 100%, since some of those titles may offer you the best gaming experiences in your personal gaming life. You could always use the account you have now to play those titles, instead of tarnishing the 100% goal of your new one. Just make sure you are having fun! :D 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lawless_Llama said:

Making a new account is something that I did when I felt like I wanted a fresh start where I would actually play the games I purchase. Just make sure you are having fun while doing it, since if it gets to the point where trophy hunting feels like an obligation, you may need to take a step back and re-evaluate why you made a new account. 

Be wary of skipping titles though that you may not be able to 100%, since some of those titles may offer you the best gaming experiences in your personal gaming life. You could always use the account you have now to play those titles, instead of tarnishing the 100% goal of your new one. Just make sure you are having fun! :D 

Edited by DDOSyourNan