The Raven Remastered Coming March 13

snakebit10

I didn't think it was a terrible game but it's definitely an odd choice for a remaster. Doubt I'd get this unless it's very cheap, no point playing it again when you know the ending and all the twists already. I think they need to start calming down with the remasters and spend time coming up with original ideas.

• Like 2

Can't wait for The Crap Game Collection featuring Rambo: The Game, Terminator Salvation, Hannah Montana, The Raven, and Ride To Hell: Retribution with 4K resolution and 1080p. You can broadcast it now too on Twitch so other people can see your suffering...I mean, enjoy the experience too!

• Like 2

I have to say this trailer made me interested in playing the game...then I played this piece of crap which led to a very angry rant in the Recent Plat thread 

#133-The Raven

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS...BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE THIS GAME SUCKS

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

So I was actually pretty excited about this game. The trailer looked pretty cool, it seemed to have a dark sense of humour about it and all in all for 5 bucks I thought "what the hell"

This is a Point and Click adventure (or more like a drag and click since you can't use the Move and have to use the controller) and it SUCKS. There are barely any puzzles to be solved and as long as you madly click on everything that has a magnify glass you can't go wrong. The thing is though the controls are so bad you often miss clues because you are not situated in the EXACT position and angle to see it. I honestly thought my game was glitched (more on that) because there was supposed to be some bottles but I couldn't interact with them. I could see them, I knew they were there but until I turned ever so slightly they didn't show up. The thing is you can't turn slightly because just touching the analog stick sends your character into a complete spasm and you have to calm him down to focus. It is also one of those games where if you walk too far the camera switches and all of a sudden up is down and down is up so the first time you don't know and accidentally walk back towards the camera which of course makes the controls reverse again.

The game is also full of glitches. There is the known one where if you skip any dialog or press X instead of O then it locks out the trophy (I didn't know I was at that point in the story so I had to replay the first part of the game a second time to try again). There were also glitches where vital people wouldn't show up, clues wouldn't be around (until i reloaded) the option to back out of a zoomed in shot wasn't there etc. This caused me to reload my game often meaning I had to redo a bunch of shit twice.

The graphics, sweet mother of funk, the graphics. Now I know graphics don't make or break a game but when I have conversations with people and they are looking in the complete opposite direction of you and their mouths are just opening and closing randomly and they have this vacant stare that never blinks you have to rethink how important graphics really are.

Finally the Story...remember SPOILERS

The butler did it...no shit that is actually the badguy. I called that the first time I saw him and, what a twist I was right. I was actually surprised because I really didn't think anyone could do the Butler is the bad guy cliche in this day and age. Ready for twist #2? The overly-suspicious former Nazi doctor turns out to be...A BAD GUY :o. Man who thought that the guy acting suspiciously from the beginning would be suspicious. Alright twist #3...the main character who spends the whole game narrating to himself about how the Raven couldn't be involved turns out to be The Raven...wait...what the fuck that is just stupid. It is so stupid it needs its own paragraph.

So the guy spends the whole game telling himself the Raven isn't a killer and that this couldn't be the Raven and then it turns out he is the Raven...well no shit Sherlock. Glad you figured out that YOU didn't do it. I mean this was just a complete bullshit Twist (that I actually called) because there was no hints that this guy could be The Raven. I only called it because I thought it would be too obvious that the Butler was the bad guy and said "it is probably you" Also he reminded me too much of Shelby from Heavy Rain and I thought  "what are the chances that there are 2 games out there that you play as a heavy-set middle aged detective...I bet Jacob is evil as well"

OK, stupidity #2. You have a huge conversation with your daughter where you both pretend to be someone else...but the thing is NO ONE IS AROUND SO WHY ARE YOU BOTH PRETENDING. Then the game actually has two of the crooks openly talking about the burglary with the mystery novelist standing right next to them. So when you are alone you have to pretend but when you are next to someone who writes crime novels for a living you can just openly talk about the crimes you are ready to commit.

Anyways the games story just gets dumber and dumber and I have put too much thought into it already. I am going to have a new rule, if the developers can't be bothered to put effort into their story then I won't put effort into these Recent Platinum posts anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I have to say this trailer made me interested in playing the game...then I played this piece of crap which led to a very angry rant in the Recent Plat thread

I haven’t even seen this game in my life before, but that was still an enjoyable read. Lmao, congrats on pushing through the torture. :dance:

1 minute ago, ddracarys said:

I haven’t even seen this game in my life before, but that was still an enjoyable read. Lmao, congrats on pushing through the torture. :dance:

Yeah it started off with a lot of promise and then tanked faster than almost any other game I have ever played. I truly have no idea who was clamoring for a remaster of this but I am sure someone will buy it

• Like 1