Start HARD speed run in NG+?

linkdevivo

I got the trophy yesterday with a time of just over an hour and fifty minutes, piece of cake. You'd have to be complete ass to take the full time required for the trophy. But yes, save your speedrun for last and indeed do it on NG+. You want to do it after you've finished all the time attacks so that you have the Queen's Sword.

3 hours ago, Starlove- said:

If you start on HM and unlock the Queen's Sword and you start a NG+ on normal mode. Will the Queen's Sword carry over?

My bad on original comment.

Edit:

I saw alot of people that said that nothing carried over when they started Hard mode and moved to ng+

Dunno if it's true.

I told someone who experienced it to play first on Normal and then go Hard+ (like i did) and it worked for him.

Edited by SnizelPS

8 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

My bad on original comment.

Edit:

I saw alot of people that said that nothing carried over when they started Hard mode and moved to ng+

Dunno if it's true.

I told someone who experienced it to play first on Normal and than go Hard+ (like i did) and it worked for him.

Maybe HM items simply aren't available on NM save files. Then I do wonder if the following is possible:

- Start game on NM - Start NG+ on NM and complete Normal Time Attack

- Immediately after completing NTA, start a NG+ in HM and complete Hard Time Attack first

- Immediately after completing HTA, start a NG+ in HM with the Queen's Sword and NTA items.

2 minutes ago, Starlove- said:

Maybe HM items simply aren't available on NM save files. Then I do wonder if the following is possible:

- Start game on NM - Start NG+ on NM and complete Normal Time Attack

- Immediately after completing NTA, start a NG+ in HM and complete Hard Time Attack first

- Immediately after completing HTA, start a NG+ in HM with the Queen's Sword and NTA items.

What you said is exactly how i did it.

Works 100% that way.

I kept doing NG+ normal for 1st and 2nd colossi over and over for max HP+STA trophy.

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 1

Just now, SnizelPS said:

What you said is exactly how i did it.

Works 100% that way.

One final question then, how does NG+ work? You save at a temple, select NG+ from options menu, select the file with the TA clears and voila, you're in a New Game (reset timer) with the TA items?

Just now, Starlove- said:

One final question then, how does NG+ work? You save at a temple, select NG+ from options menu, select the file with the TA clears and voila, you're in a New Game (reset timer) with the TA items?

Yea, you just select the save you did TA with and it will ask you to pick difficulty and you will have TA items.

I did it the exact order you wrote and everything was fine for me.

• Like 1

You can also just NG+ Easy for doing stamina and health grinding. You don't gain any more for higher difficulties so if you have nothing left specific to difficulty there's no trophy related reason to play above Easy. 

Edited by Gage

15 hours ago, Starlove- said:

If you start on HM and unlock the Queen's Sword and you start a NG+ on normal mode. Will the Queen's Sword carry over?

Yes, everything carries over.

I started on Hard Mode, started NG+ on Hard Mode. Did all the HTA's. Then finished the game again using the Queens Sword and got the Speedrun in that same NG+, started NG+ on Normal mode, used the Queens Sword throughout and finished, started NG+ on Normal and finished all the NTA's, then finished the game again, and started a NG+ on Easy and about halfway through got the Max Stamina trophy. All my stats and Time Attack items carried through each playthrough.

Very easy Plat in my opinion.

• 4 months later...

I am still a little confused about the order. I just finished the game on normal. How do I progress from here? What confuses me about it, is the option to "continue" or start on "new game +".

And the trophy description says something about having all time attack items at once...

13 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

I am still a little confused about the order. I just finished the game on normal. How do I progress from here? What confuses me about it, is the option to "continue" or start on "new game +".

And the trophy description says something about having all time attack items at once...

Start game on new game+ normal and do the time attack challenges. once completed start new game + again on hard and choose to overwrite the save file you completed all the Normal time attack challenges on. Finish all the hard time attack challenges and u get the trophy for completing all time attack challenges. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Start game on new game+ normal and do the time attack challenges. once completed start new game + again on hard and choose to overwrite the save file you completed all the Normal time attack challenges on. Finish all the hard time attack challenges and u get the trophy for completing all time attack challenges. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

44 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Thank you!

and to add up after finished those hard challanges you unlock a specific sword that one shots bosses there weak spots. When you got that item the game is a freebie to platinum

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...