Modern Technology mini-guide

Ripper

Thanks for this! I was worried there wouldn’t be enough bottles for everyone making this harder to earn but it’s great to know they are kind of instanced for each player. So far they’ve always been available to me when I’ve looked but I previously thought that was because not many people knew about them.

No problem! Glad could help! Definitely some luck needed to get them. I played some rounds where people camped out on the locations making it difficult, but also some rounds where I was the only player trying to do this. Personally, trying to get bottles on the Somme was the hardest map for me.

Seems like it is only possible to get one kill per match with the bottle. All five matches the other bottle locations wouldn't spawn a bottle after I got a kill. Tried it out and camped one location for the remaining of the match, but it wouldnt spawn for me. Even saw another guy pick it up. 

(I did not pick up this bottle prior to getting the kill either.)

Edited by Norillen
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Norillen said:

Seems like it is only possible to get one kill per match with the bottle. All five matches the other bottle locations wouldn't spawn a bottle after I got a kill. Tried it out and camped one location for the remaining of the match, but it wouldnt spawn for me. Even saw another guy pick it up. 

(I did not pick up this bottle prior to getting the kill either.)

Yes, This seems to be the case as it was the same for me. 

I recommend playing as Support with the 'Perseverance' perk equipped so you'll run faster while holding the bottle. The bottle is a one hit kill no matter what angle you attack from. Take a good look at the trenches around 'D' and 'F' on the Somme map. I could've sworn I grabbed a bottle there last night. 

I also suggest camping. On Somme, I was camping in some of the sleeping quarters (in lack of a better term) in the trenches between C and D, and waited for people to run by. Most of the time they didn't stop to look inside. A lot easier than running around in the open being visible from all angles.

Camping is only allowed for this purpose, of course. Once you've killed five people with bottles, get back to the frontline, soldier!

Thanks man, that list is definitely helpful.

However are you positive that a bottle respawns if someone else picked it up before you ? So far this isn't my experience at all. I've literally camped right in front of a spawn location for 75% of a game, and nothing. Thus far I've never seen a bottle spawn back, and I've tried a lot of different locations. It really seems to me that once a bottle is picked, it's gone forever. I've only managed to pick up bottles by rushing to the location at the very beginning of the game.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

There is a relatively "easy" way to get this achievement. Play Conquest on Somme. There is a bottle in the windmill at B. At the beginning of the match, rush B, grab the bottle, and then run behind the windmill where you'll discover a small shed. Camp in the shed. B is a hotly contested site because the enemies spawn at A. Eventually, an opponent will run past the shed. Sneak up behind and bash in the skull. I use a specialization perk that quietens my steps, so they can probably only hear my approach if wearing a headset. I am well beyond 5 bottle kills with this strategy. I think I have about an 80% success rate with this strategy. If I am killed with the first bottle, I retrieve another bottle, if available, and return to the shed again for another chance.

Edited by bigrake1
Additional Information