LBP2 Extras Edition Question

stellar_gamer

Since the muppets dlc had been removed from the PS store, one work around to obtain it that I have seen is to purchase the Extras Edition of LBP2. Since I am in the US and this was a Europe exclusive release, if I were to import the game, would the dlc work in my US account?

• 2 weeks later...

Even if things are removed from the PSN store, you should still have access to them (except for stuff you haven't paid for AKA PT). This means you should have access to DLC codes too, I'd call and fight Sony over this if they don't work. You're not getting what you paid for, and it's not some online service, it's offline content you've bought that you just need to download from their store.

Edited by MMDE

Another option would be to purchase the extras edition from the UK PSN store using a UK PSN account: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/littlebigplanet-2-extras-edition/cid=EP9000-NPEA00437_00-GLITTLEBIG000001

I just don't know if you can download the above and then earn the trophies on your US account (I suspect you probably can since I've done something similar with Dante's Inferno, but it'd be great if someone could confirm for sure).

Alternatively, you could create a game session for LBP2 and hopefully find someone with the DLC who would be willing to run through it with you (you can still obtain the Muppet trophies even if you don't own the DLC).

Edited by TheRedMaverick

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On March 25, 2018 at 8:43 PM, TheRedMaverick said:

Another option would be to purchase the extras edition from the UK PSN store using a UK PSN account: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/littlebigplanet-2-extras-edition/cid=EP9000-NPEA00437_00-GLITTLEBIG000001

I just don't know if you can download the above and then earn the trophies on your US account (I suspect you probably can since I've done something similar with Dante's Inferno, but it'd be great if someone could confirm for sure).

Alternatively, you could create a game session for LBP2 and hopefully find someone with the DLC who would be willing to run through it with you (you can still obtain the Muppet trophies even if you don't own the DLC).

A lil late but yes it works. I have an EU account myself and i pop trophies just fine on ps3 from games and DLC i download. Obviously, region-specific like EU games and NA DLC is incompatible. Vita is the only one with limitations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to go back to the game and would like to pick up this version for the delisted Muppets DLC. The digital version is on sale at the moment on the UK store and the Muppets DLC is listed as being included. Did the delisting only apply to the DLC when bought separately or has it been removed from the extras edition as well?

On 26/3/2018 at 3:43 AM, TheRedMaverick said:

That's pretty interesting. I didn't know that!

Works with DC Comics too?

On 2/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, Cleggworth said:

I'm looking to go back to the game and would like to pick up this version for the delisted Muppets DLC. The digital version is on sale at the moment on the UK store and the Muppets DLC is listed as being included. Did the delisting only apply to the DLC when bought separately or has it been removed from the extras edition as well?

I noticed this as well. It's $8.95 on the Australian PlayStation Store, which I may recall as the price tag for the DLC itself. Anyone willing to take the risk to find out the answer for others?

Also does the Save Data (Game Data Profile Back Up) from the Physical version work with the Digital Extras Edition in the same region? I may move on to playing the digital game over inserting/ejecting the disk to play the game if the answer is yes...

On 2/6/2019 at 1:04 PM, Cleggworth said:

It has to be there, when I saw it on sale took a peek and it's clearly detailed there. Take a screenshot of the store listing if you buy it. If it's not included Sony will have to give you back the money. It will perhaps take some time and trouble but they will have to.

Edited by cris3f

On 11/02/2019 at 10:42 AM, Skeptical69 said:

I noticed this as well. It's $8.95 on the Australian PlayStation Store, which I may recall as the price tag for the DLC itself. Anyone willing to take the risk to find out the answer for others?

Also does the Save Data (Game Data Profile Back Up) from the Physical version work with the Digital Extras Edition in the same region? I may move on to playing the digital game over inserting/ejecting the disk to play the game if the answer is yes...

On 12/02/2019 at 1:28 AM, cris3f said:

It has to be there, when I saw it on sale took a peek and it's clearly detailed there. Take a screenshot of the store listing if you buy it. If it's not included Sony will have to give you back the money. It will perhaps take some time and trouble but they will have to.

Well even if it isn't included it's still the cheapest option for picking up the move and cross controller pack so I decided to give it a punt. The muppet premium level pack has been added to my download list ?

52 minutes ago, shary96 said:

I can confirm the Extra Edition is a bundle with all DLCs included, some costumes and the digital game itself, which is not mandatory. So yeah it's possible to download the DLCs alone and they work on the physical version too.

Regrettably this isn't true. The extras edition does not contain the DC comics level pack

• 2 weeks later...
On 7-2-2019 at 5:37 PM, shary96 said:

That's pretty interesting. I didn't know that!

Works with DC Comics too?

DC comics can not be boosted this way. I tried. I guess the devs figured out people were doing Muppets DLC this way and didn't want a decline in sales so they made it that you must own the DC comics DLC in order to get the trophies.

Edited by gamesfourever
  • Like 1