The Devil Horns

PipeSwinger

I was in multiple Co-op games today and out of all of them I got kicked out of two of them. I was using "The Devil Horns" the whole time. The one guy before he kicked me he said "I hate people who use that!" Just out of curiosity does it bother you when someone uses The Devil Horns? I don't want to piss off more people so just wanted to hear some input. 

• Like 1

I haven't really played MP that much, but the people I got put together in some of my games were all using the horns and frankly it made me enjoy the game a lot less and I usually just quit after a while. The weapon completely breaks the game and it's just not fun to me, not in SP and definitely not in MP where the other player without the horns becomes completely useless. I have them too, I just don't like to use them, but maybe it's just me.

I also hate the fact that you can't give sessions tags explaining the nature of your play style like in Resident Evil 6. Like "playing for the story" or "looking for collectables" or something. I usually got put together with Devil's Horns wielding speedrunners when I just wanted to take my time and enjoy the game. That's why I pretty much gave up on co op.

• Like 1

I haven't really played MP that much, but the people I got put together in some of my games were all using the horns and frankly it made me enjoy the game a lot less and I usually just quit after a while. The weapon completely breaks the game and it's just not fun to me, not in SP and definitely not in MP where the other player without the horns becomes completely useless. I have them too, I just don't like to use them, but maybe it's just me.

I also hate the fact that you can't give sessions tags explaining the nature of your play style like in Resident Evil 6. Like "playing for the story" or "looking for collectables" or something. I usually got put together with Devil's Horns wielding speedrunners when I just wanted to take my time and enjoy the game. That's why I pretty much gave up on co op.

Interesting perspective, but I see where you're coming from. I've never played Resident Evil 6, but that seems like a great thing they have in that game. KOF has something like that as well. Wish they would have put that in Dead Space 3. 

haven't gotten around to playing da MP yet, still doing My SP playthroughs. but this is interesting and will keep an eye out for that. really, I have no idea what da devil's horn is. :huh:

After you beat Classic mode you can unpatch and earn Devil Horns in harder or easier modes. The Devil Horns is a foam finger that one shots enemies and uses very very very little ammo over time. It's pretty much overkill.

The people that hate it probably aren't bitter because you earned it.. DS3 is easy and I'm sure most of the players on the game could earn Devil Horns.. they're probably upset because you're one shotting everything and making their experience less about slaying necromorphs and more about planetary tourism... if you catch my meaning. Best thing you can do is be courteous enough not to invade other's games with it. In fact, I would only use it if you're hosting or the host is using them. You have a second weapon slot.. make some other overpowered nonsense.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

LOL! why peoples bitching about the devil horn? me my self have already unlock it when i beat classic mode, but haven't yet tried it due to that i am now playing in pure frustra...um pure survival, then someone send me a friend invite to play co-op with him who's happen to be at level 29 and have 112 platinum, he found a way to glitch the devil horn to make it appear in pure survival mode, and when we played co-op boy he really made my frustration journey less and less annoying when he just kill everything in one shot and i didn't even complaint, in fact he really do me a favor :)

those who complaint about that one hit kill weapon should put all the blames to the developer and the publisher of that game of why did they added it or put a co-op feature in the first place instead of kicking out the person who's earned the devil horn with his / her hard work. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At the end of the day, those co-op players who want to play for the challenge aren't going to want to play alongside the devil horn players.

Neither is in the wrong due to as mentioned above, no one has no way of knowing what type of gamer they will get hooked up with. The ability to have been able to switch off the horns on the same screen as the revival feature, may have been a useful option.

In my case I don't care lol. I want to get through the dame game now. Its sooooooo frikkin long and boring after chapter 5. On my classic playthrough now, and you bet I'm gonna try the devil horn glitch. Whilst this game is more difficult than the previous games. It doesn't have the same kudos as Dead Space 2 for me, purely because how much I love that game.

• 2 months later...

At least the Devil Horns help you get the 1000 limbs dismembering trophy quick as hell. Can't remember the chapter where you escape a couple of these limb regenerators with the train and as you arrive at the other station you'll face two more of these regenerators. Call the elevator down and stay down grinding for their limbs if you were as shitty as me and didn't get the 1000 limbs earlier. It was the last trophy between me and the plat.

Fuck 'em. You earned the item so use it. If someone's bitchin' about it they probably just can't get it for themselves so they lash out to sound "cool".

Or maybe, I don't know, they kinda like having some kind of a challenge when playing games? Let's be honest here, if you're playing co-op you want to have fun, the Devils Horns breaks the game to a point that even Hardcore mode feels like a joke so it's understandable when they don't want it on their co-op sessions, it's fine if you use it when playing alone or to give you an edge on the herder difficulties (i'm using the glitch on Pure Survivor and Hardcore myself). So if you play with someone ask him if you can use it, and if he says no then either be polite and don't use it or leave the game, why ruin other people's fun right?

Me? I don't care, if I want to play co-op to have fun I'll do it with real friends, if I play with randoms is just to get the trophies, don't care if the other person uses the Horn or not.

Or maybe, I don't know, they kinda like having some kind of a challenge when playing games? Let's be honest here, if you're playing co-op you want to have fun, the Devils Horns breaks the game to a point that even Hardcore mode feels like a joke so it's understandable when they don't want it on their co-op sessions, it's fine if you use it when playing alone or to give you an edge on the herder difficulties (i'm using the glitch on Pure Survivor and Hardcore myself). So if you play with someone ask him if you can use it, and if he says no then either be polite and don't use it or leave the game, why ruin other people's fun right?

Me? I don't care, if I want to play co-op to have fun I'll do it with real friends, if I play with randoms is just to get the trophies, don't care if the other person uses the Horn or not.

Or maybe, I don't know, it's not his problem.  If people are gonna play online with randoms then they're accepting the fact that the Devil horns are gonna show up, probably more often than not.  If they're the ones that have a problem with people using them then it's their responsibility to find a way to avoid seeing them, not the other way around.  Booting people who have them is no big deal but booting someone and bitching about them using the horns in a random game is petty.

Or maybe, I don't know, it's not his problem.  If people are gonna play online with randoms then they're accepting the fact that the Devil horns are gonna show up, probably more often than not.  If they're the ones that have a problem with people using them then it's their responsibility to find a way to avoid seeing them, not the other way around.  Booting people who have them is no big deal but booting someone and bitching about them using the horns in a random game is petty.

They did find a way to avoid it, by kicking him out for using it. Sure that guy didn't had to send him a PM afterwards but if he wants to use the Horns he has to understand that not everyone will like it because lets be honest here, the damn thing breaks the game, and where's the challenge in that? So you either stop using it online or be ready to be kicked out of some games for it.

They did find a way to avoid it, by kicking him out for using it. Sure that guy didn't had to send him a PM afterwards but if he wants to use the Horns he has to understand that not everyone will like it because lets be honest here, the damn thing breaks the game, and where's the challenge in that? So you either stop using it online or be ready to be kicked out of some games for it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't give the boot, I'm saying they're being petty elitist douches by making sure to complain about it (which seems to be a new favorite past-time for a growing number of gamers) so fuck 'em, let them boot you, let them whine, and move on.

• 2 weeks later...

They did find a way to avoid it, by kicking him out for using it. Sure that guy didn't had to send him a PM afterwards but if he wants to use the Horns he has to understand that not everyone will like it because lets be honest here, the damn thing breaks the game, and where's the challenge in that? So you either stop using it online or be ready to be kicked out of some games for i

Cada pessoa joga como quer! se quiseres usar devil horns força ai ninguem tem nada que reclamar!

Eu por exemplo tenho 100% de jogo porque não posso usar? :)

Essa malta que reclama tanto são provavelmente aqueles que mais usam essa arma!

I consider the coöp playthrough a bit of a bore. So if Someren would-be have the devil Horn as my partner, I would enjoy it.

Also I wonder, what if a plager makes a blueprint of the de il horns and then share it. Would you be able to usethe devil horns as Someren who's still playing the game, not. on classic?