MAJOR Server Closure for PS3 Games (Killzone 2&3, EyePet, WipeOut, Gran Turismo 6)

TVippy

What server closure are you the most sad about?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What server closure are you the most sad about?

18 hours ago, Zach said:

PS3 is what? 11? 12yrs old? It's sad, but to be expected. :( 

Wipeout for me!

Shouldn't we count the closing games' age? Somebody's console may be only 2 years old (from assembly line). ?

Thanks for the Trophy Info about the EyePets."The Friends" version doesn't have trophies really, but what kind of Online does it have?

Will I find any matches right away in KZ 2&3, if I hop there now?

11 minutes ago, TVippy said:

Shouldn't we count the closing games' age? Somebody's console may be only 2 years old (from assembly line). 1f601.png

Thanks for the Trophy Info about the EyePets."The Friends" version doesn't have trophies really, but what kind of Online does it have?

Will I find any matches right away in KZ 2&3, if I hop there now?

I don't think either EyePet have any online functionality - as in, I don't believe you would have online play between individuals. I may be wrong - I just did the plats and moved on - but the games are really SP

Don't touch either KZ IMO. I don't think you'll see anything but boosting now, and you are well out of time to get the online trophies. The servers go offline sometime tomorrow.

I’ve missed the weight of Killzone 2’s unique character movement since they stripped it out of its sequel, but I don’t miss the insane spawn camping. Still, always thought I’d be able to go back and play it online one day, but I’ve had zero desire to with everyone rushing online to rank up in these last days instead of playing for fun. Shame it doesn’t have a LAN option for preservation and posterity ?

Edited by Zondares

I only seem to play (and unwrap) games when the servers go down. Did the same with Resistance 3, got absolutely destroyed, couldn't get a single kill. The time it took to uninstall that game was far more than I had played it (anyone who uninstalled R3, knows what I'm talking about, it's an infamous case), but I had to experience it. Some kind of mental disease.

Edited by TVippy

• 4 weeks later...