North Korea's threats....

HeartUnderBlade

I know this is nothing new as North Korea has always been threatening U.S and South Korea, but recently it has intensified. Blame U.S for showcasing it's strength on N.Korean border or blame Kim for not knowing when to shut up.

I personally think that they are like some dogs, woof woof, but never bites. And that they are playing with fire, United States are taking things too soft, North Korea is threatening with nuclear bombs, that's nothing to play with, they think is a game, hiding behind a nuclear bomb.

I come from a communist country and I know how it is to not have any kind of freedom and no food, so I recent Kim Jong's government...

Just want to know the opinions of gamers on this matter.

Edited by entimecago

Yep, blame the US for something another Country is threatening to do, that seems very intelligent. North Korea won't do anything, especially nuclear. If they launch a nuke, they'll be destroyed not just by the US either.

Parker

• Like 3

I know this is nothing new as North Korea has always been threatening U.S and South Korea, but recently it has intensified. Blame U.S for showcasing it's strength on N.Korean border or blame Kim for not knowing when to shut up.

I personally think that they are like some dogs, woof woof, but never bites. And that they are playing with fire, United Stats are taking things too soft, North Korea is threatening with nuclear bombs, that's nothing to play with, they think is a game, hiding behind a nuclear bomb.

I come from a communist country and I know how it is to not have any kind of freedom and no food, so I recent Kim Jong's government...

Just want to know the opinions of gamers on this matter.

1.They would need the correct tech to actual launch nuclear missiles that would hit their target. Not tech that was once recorded to be at 1970-1990 of make.

2.I feel sorry for the people of the country  who they will suffer the pain after all this bloodshed. 

I think North korea are just trying to show how much power they have, unfortunately this affects them more in a bad way as many countries around the world dont want anything to do with them. While in their country North Koreans suffer as well.

My opinion, as a war veteran, is that North Korea has always done aggressive posturing against South Korea and whomever helps them. The Kims have been doing this for years. I really don't lend significant credence to them doing it because they have been threatening it for so long. I just think they are angry because of the sanctions.

• Like 1

Yep, blame the US for something another Country is threatening to do, that seems very intelligent. North Korea won't do anything, especially nuclear. If they launch a nuke, they'll be destroyed not just by the US either.

Parker

The bad thing is if they launch a Nuclear Bomb not only will it affect U.S. it will probably also affect Canada and Mexico

Parker :

Indeed that's what I think, the only thing holding North Korea is that they know that the last thing they'll do is push that button.

Warbear:

Sadly China is one of their allies, they do not support the nuclear bomb threats but they keep trading with them and strengthening the communist party.

Edited by entimecago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction

Pretty much sums it up. The world as we know it now (at least the vast majority) won't stand for another nuclear attack. We saw what it did to Japan and pretty much everyone was horrified and disgusted enough to ensure that it won't happen again. Not to mention that pretty much any Country with nuclear weapons can destroy the world as we know it I really can't see anyone being stupid enough to launch a missile.

Parker

• Like 1

The bad thing is if they launch a Nuclear Bomb not only will it affect U.S. it will probably also affect Canada and Mexico

They don't have the tech for a powerful one. A little EMP may knock out communications for a while but won't fry anything. Also America owns the air support so the missile will be brought down in matter of minutes on to them.

_59119706_north_korea_ranges_2.jpg

Whether or not the North Korean government act on their words you have to admit - they pose a severe threat based on the graph above. The UN have vehemently opposed North Korea's actions of late, but there comes a time when something's got to give. North Korea are not backing off, and they've bombed South Korea sporadically for the past few years. At the present moment of time it's a stand-off; someone's either going to retreat or act. 

This is an extract from BBC News: 

Japan said it was co-operating closely with the US and South Korea to monitor the North's next move. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said that although the rhetoric was "increasingly provocative", Tokyo would "calmly" watch the situation.

Government spokesman Yoshihide Suga earlier told reporters that Japan was braced for a "worst-case scenario".

The Pentagon said the shield on its Pacific island territory would be ready within weeks, adding to warships already sent to the area.

The North has previously named Guam among a list of possible targets for attack that included Hawaii and the US mainland.

However, experts believe the North's most powerful rocket, which it test-fired last December, has a range of 6,000km (3,700 miles) and can reach no further than Alaska.

Kim Kwan-jin told MPs in a parliamentary defence committee meeting that the missile had "considerable range".

"The missile does not seem to be aimed at the US mainland. It could be aimed at test firing or military drills," he said.

Analysts have interpreted Mr Kim's description as referring to the Musudan missile, estimated to have a range up to 4,000km. Guam would be within that range.

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 2

For one, there is not a big enough nuke to affect all of the US and if such thing existed, it probably wouldn't fit in North Korea (or it would at least be noticable enough to raise a few eyebrows). Secondly, the US also has access Nuclear technology too (remember Hiroshima?) so if something would happen, the US could fight fire with fire (pray this never happens). Thirdly, the likeliness of being nuked by N Korea is minimal (knock on wood). The risks are far to great for N Korea and have you looked at the defense budget for the US? Let me give you a hint. It's ridiculous. The US would be more than ready for an attack or if they aren't then what the hell have we been tossing money at for the past 12 yrs?

• Like 2

In a stunning development "We are Anonymous", the infamous hacking group, retaliated against North Korea by hacking their Twitter and Flickr accounts -

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/north_korea_twitter_and_flickr_accounts_OSiEAid7zqcT2BxCssuxVL

They also posted this picture of the North Korean Leader

nkorea--525x400.jpg

So lets see if this pushes North Korea to fulfill on their nuke threat lol.

• Like 2

The U.S. has ZERO blame in this. Yes they are moving resources into the area, but what country would not if they were threatened with nuclear oblivion? I am tired of this diplomatic crap. We don't even need to send invasion forces in. In my mind there are three ways to resolve this. We need to take action so other countries like Iran don't test us as well. If a country has the audacity to promise your destruction (whether that are capable or not) you strike them into submission. If you are the big kid on the playground and a smaller punk threatens to kill you, what do you do? Talk it out or punch him in the nose? The answer is simple in my mind.

#1 Deliver a shock and awe bombing/cruise missile raid and destroy top government buildings and nuclear facilities.

#2 Send in the Seals and take Kim-Jung (and high ranking gov. leaders) out with precision.

#3 Hit them with an EMP. It would not kill their people (who have no tech) but it would wipe their outdated military and government out.

Excuse my French, but let's fuckin' strike them (not with nuclear weapons) and hit Iran as well while we are at it. I know its not realistic but I can dream.

_59119706_north_korea_ranges_2.jpg

Whether or not the North Korean government act on their words you have to admit - they pose a severe threat based on the graph above. The UN have vehemently opposed North Korea's actions of late, but there comes a time when something's got to give. North Korea are not backing off, and they've bombed South Korea sporadically for the past few years. At the present moment of time it's a stand-off; someone's either going to retreat or act. 

This is an extract from BBC News: