Head In The Cloud [Trophy Glitch]

Roster60

I was wondering if after all these years, the ''trophy bug'' contained within this trophy is still a thing ?    

According to the guide, some players with more than 50 players in their friends list might experience this bug, and thus, preventing them from the trophy. I have tried to open the map and put the pivots down, but neither the pivots can be placed down nor the map description shows how many do I have left ( Yes, even after each pivot load its 15 minutes ). Is there an 'alternate solution' to this trophy ? Because I'm not too keen to start deleting half my friends list just yet if this bug is still existent. I want to consider the aternatives first.

Yes, I have checked other threads but they were years old, so I decided to create one instead to also update further players going for this trophy.

• Like 1

I got this trophy late last year in October and have well over 50 friends. Never had any trouble or glitches. The whole game is a pain in the ass and some other things did kind of glitch on me but usually restarting the game solved everything. Have you ever been able to Place any pivots on the map...? It’s not very intuitive how to actually do it, so there’s a small chance you’re „not doing it right“

20 hours ago, cam_wick said:

I got this trophy late last year in October and have well over 50 friends. Never had any trouble or glitches. The whole game is a pain in the ass and some other things did kind of glitch on me but usually restarting the game solved everything. Have you ever been able to Place any pivots on the map...? It’s not very intuitive how to actually do it, so there’s a small chance you’re „not doing it right“

I have. It doesn't give me any indication to put it on the map. Even watched the video from the guide + 2 other Youtube videos in case I was doing something wrong or missed a step, but still nothing works for me. It's like I don't have a single pivot to begin with to place it on the map. 

On 05/04/2018 at 2:44 AM, cam_wick said:

Hmmm have you collected any pivots yet?

On 05/04/2018 at 4:22 AM, hebeshy81 said:

I plate the game near yes happened to me and yes deleting friends to 50 works to me also if you have wireless connection replaced with wire cable 

None of the pivots appeared for me on the map to begin. But I have managed to find an alternate solution to this problem, even with 95 friends and wireless connection.

I did these steps for future reference to people who come across this glitch as well :

1) Stay signed out of PSN, load the game and revisit the pivot menu.
2) Press triangle to connect to the Ubisoft server. This will sign you into PSN.
3) If it says "Logging in to Ubisoft server, please wait..." then you'll be signed in to the server properly. Once this is done, back out with select and then enter the pivot menu again with select. You should have the pivots working now (I heard a really loud whooshing noise when they started working). 
4) If it only signs you into PSN and doesn't sign you into the Ubisoft server, sign out of PSN and then repeat this process from Step 1.

It worked for me on the very first try.

Edited by Roster60
  • Like 4

• 4 years later...
On 07/04/2018 at 6:46 AM, Roster60 said:

None of the pivots appeared for me on the map to begin. But I have managed to find an alternate solution to this problem, even with 95 friends and wireless connection.

I did these steps for future reference to people who come across this glitch as well :

2) Press triangle to connect to the Ubisoft server. This will sign you into PSN.
3) If it says "Logging in to Ubisoft server, please wait..." then you'll be signed in to the server properly. Once this is done, back out with select and then enter the pivot menu again with select. You should have the pivots working now (I heard a really loud whooshing noise when they started working). 
4) If it only signs you into PSN and doesn't sign you into the Ubisoft server, sign out of PSN and then repeat this process from Step 1.

So there... thank you very much for your precious help, the trophy has just fallen.
I was deleting some friends when I came across your tip, it worked straight away.
It surprises me that it is not known, or that no one talks about it.
It's very easy to do and it avoids having to delete a large number of friends.

Thank you again, you are my hero of the day^^

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/08/2022 at 3:11 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

As of July 2022 I got the bugged pivot in Boston so yes its a thing. Its easy to counter atm with the amount of extra players on it now. Used to take up to 3 days. Now it can be moved in roughly 10 hours by placing raised pivots around it. 

This is a second glitch, I'm trying to pass the first one, to see a pivot in the first place 

47 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

if you arent seeing any its because you have more than 49 ps3/vita friends

i had that happen myself. had more than 50. had to remove plenty of inactive people until i could get those pivots none of them showed up till i fixed it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

if you arent seeing any its because you have more than 49 ps3/vita friends. Delete some and sign out and back in and they will work

Yes, I had 150 friends.

Sadly the only option was to deletem them and now it is working, all others methods failed..

• Like 1

I just got Head in the Cloud trophy. I deleted lots of players on friend list long ago before trying this. I didn't have any issues at all when trying to get all 12 pivots other than it was just time consuming finding all 12. I know I had less than 50 friends on friend list and it does seem to work just fine as long as you have friend list under 50 players.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2018 at 2:46 PM, Roster60 said:

Not sure if I am doing something wrong but I cant get this to work. I have tried several times in between having to delete some people here and there but getting the same result. I have a wired connection as well. 

EDIT: NVM, had to delete friends until I was left with 42 before pivots appeared. 

Edited by black__bunny

This has to be hands down the stupidest most nonsensical glitch I have ever encounter through my years of trophy hunting. And the solution for it is even more weird and makes no sense, like who was the legend that thought about deleting friends just to try and solve it? lol. Anyway I've tried absolutely everyting that there is out there to be able to place the pivots with no luck and after deleting 100+ friends this was the only solution Rip. I really was down to 50 and it didn't worked it had to be 49 to be exact or less which has no logical explanation to me tbh like wtf Ubisoft.

I would recommend to anyone thinking on starting this mess before the shutdown to just avoid it all together or just play the ps4 version it runs smoother either way.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Abraniell said:

This has to be hands down the stupidest most nonsensical glitch I have ever encounter through my years of trophy hunting. And the solution for it is even more weird and makes no sense, like who was the legend that thought about deleting friends just to try and solve it? lol. Anyway I've tried absolutely everyting that there is out there to be able to place the pivots with no luck and after deleting 100+ friends this was the only solution Rip. I really was down to 50 and it didn't worked it had to be 49 to be exact or less which has no logical explanation to me tbh like wtf Ubisoft.

I would recommend to anyone thinking on starting this mess before the shutdown to just avoid it all together or just play the ps4 version it runs smoother either way.

People had to delete friends for a Injustice trophy as well. ??‍♂️

22 hours ago, Abraniell said:

The friendlist bug isn't exclusive to Assassin's Creed. It is afaik more a bug on Sony's side as the PS3 wasn't designed with more than 50 online Friends in mind, which leads to a couple of snafu's when someone has more than max-friends. Which might lead to fun stuff like trophy glitches, not being able to see/invite/play with friends online, etc.

Hi everyone. I followed the instructions provided by Roster60. I had absolutely no problems at all nor did I delete anyone from my friends list. I did have to sign out of PSN and sign in again using the UPLAY signin within AC3 twice though. Afterwards, I was able to obtain all 12 pivots with no problems. 

• Like 1

Mine said that as well this past Saturday. I signed out of PSN (on the PS3). I scrolled over to the left and started Assassins Creed 3. Ubisoft had me sign back into PSN (AC 3 was in the background). I had to do this twice, some players have done it just once. I was then able to do the pivots. I did not have to delete friends or do any other steps. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Adrian1985_ said:

I had to delete over 300 friends to begin finding Pivot's.

But I was lucky, only 1 Pivot in Frontier and rest in Boston & New York.

And none was inside in the house. No problem at all.

300 people? Considering the PS3 creates various glitches in games when you have above 50 this had to be a massive task for you. At least you didn't encounter those awful, unobtainable pivots.

• Like 1