Can base Trophies be added post-launch ?

D1RTIEST

As titled, I love how DLC trophies are kept separate from the base game, but can trophies be added after launch (ones that would count towards a platinum)

I used to be an achievement Hunter on Steam and this was one of the most annoying things, especially trying to find the game that had achievements added.

15 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Didn't know Sony allowed this.

Overwatch has had at least one trophy change requirements. The one I know for sure is Mercys. You used to have to ressurect four people with one ultimate. Now you can only ressurect one person at a time So the trophy was modified. You have to get 6 rezzes without dying now.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Overwatch has had at least one trophy change requirements. The one I know for sure is Mercys. You used to have to ressurect four people with one ultimate. Now you can only ressurect one person at a time So the trophy was modified. You have to get 6 rezzes without dying now.

But changing a requirement is different from adding another trophy to the base game's list after the release.

12 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Also, trophy requirements can change as others have said (PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is another that was changed) but so can the trophy images. The Lumo platinum image now is leagues above what it was when released.

Oh yeah, I encountered this too with Trine. It used to have a generic platinum trophy image, then a patch was released that improved al the images.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Killing Floor 2 has gotten extra Trophies on numerous occasions to it's first DLC Trophy Pack 1 after the initial release of this first (& only) DLC Trophy Pack.

So it's not the base game that got new Trophies, but still it's quite strange as I can't recall any other game doing this.

Edited by Klart

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

But changing a requirement is different from adding another trophy to the base game's list after the release.

i misunderstood the point last night. I was too tired when I read this. I thought you didn't know requirements change. I didn't know about Ark either.

Edited by Toogie53

4 hours ago, Klart said:

Killing Floor 2 has gotten extra Trophies on numerous occasions to it's first DLC Trophy Pack 1 after the initial release of this first (& only) DLC Trophy Pack.

So it's not the base game that got new Trophies, but still it's quite strange as I can't recall any other game doing this.

Overwatch does it too, every time a new character is added, but that's the only other one I can think of.

• Like 1