Jak IV Rumored to be in Development.

Nexuds121

5 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I guess you forgot about Uncharted and Last of Us? Both are light years better than the Jak games, to say otherwise is just silly.

If you know buk, you'd know he has some really weird opinions :lol:.

6 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

They could do Jak 4, they’re just better than just a simple Platformer dev now. How dare you act like they couldn’t do it.

Saying that is a bit weird though. From how I understand this post you're saying that developing a platformer is preeminently easier than developing other genres/games like Uncharted and The Last of Us?

OT: I'm fine with Jak 4 being developed, just not by Naughty Dog. I don't care about the Jak series whatsoever so I rather have Naughty Dog spend their time on another project.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol Jak 2 is technically a prequel if you look at the overall story.

Lol we got a Joker over here. Both Last of Us and Uncharted are objectively better. I mean just look at them. There’s no way you can look at the old Jak games and look the uncharted games (or Last of Us) and think Jak is better.

They have better graphics, since they're on a PS3 instead of Jak which were PS2 games, but that's about it. Jak games had a better story than TLoU and Uncharted, much better characters, better gameplay (the platforming in Uncharted is a joke compared to Jak, although in fairness I guess Uncharted has the better gun mechanics), I've encountered less bugs with the Jak games compared to Uncharted/TLoU, Jak had more memorable music as well. In my opinion, Naughty Dog hasn't made a good game since Jak 3, except for maybe Jak X (I never did get around to playing that, can't wait to on PS4 when it's a good price). Uncharted is mediocre at its best (Uncharted 1) and downright terrible at its worst (Uncharted 2), and TLoU is just irredeemably bad imo.

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

They have better graphics, since they're on a PS3 instead of Jak which were PS2 games, but that's about it. Jak games had a better story than TLoU and Uncharted, much better characters, better gameplay (the platforming in Uncharted is a joke compared to Jak, although in fairness I guess Uncharted has the better gun mechanics), I've encountered less bugs with the Jak games compared to Uncharted/TLoU, Jak had more memorable music as well. In my opinion, Naughty Dog hasn't made a good game since Jak 3, except for maybe Jak X (I never did get around to playing that, can't wait to on PS4 when it's a good price). Uncharted is mediocre at its best (Uncharted 1) and downright terrible at its worst (Uncharted 2), and TLoU is just irredeemably bad imo.

Lol better stories? Are you kidding me? You have to be joking, the characters are far deeper in Last of Us and Uncharted, Uncharted’s platforming is just plain better , Uncharted and Last of Us are Far smoother games, never have I seen a bug in Uncharted or Last of Us. I can’t take you seriously, with the rest of that shit you said. You must be fucking out of your mind.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You should become a comedian :lol:.

Can’t tell if he’s trying to troll or is just being a contrarian.

Just now, DarkHpokinsn said:

never have I seen a bug in Uncharted or Last of Us

Can't agree with this part of your post (mostly thanks to Uncharted 4) but yes, the other things buk mentioned to be better are simply not true :P.

2 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Can’t tell if he’s trying to troll or is just being a contrarian.

He's being a contrarian for sure :lol:.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Can't agree with this part of your post (mostly thanks to Uncharted 4) but yes, the other things buk mentioned to be better are simply not true :P.

Uncharted 4 was the best one, what bugs did you encounter? Just curious.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's why I said "somewhat of a prequel". Btw don't get me wrong, I prefer sequels over prequels too for the same reason.

Oh. no, I totally get what you mean. But when I think of prequel, it always puts me half to sleep because it's automatically less interesting if they do it to tell "that one storyTM" they felt like everybody needed to be told but nobody asked for.

1 minute ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol Jak 2 is technically a prequel if you look at the overall story.

Should have said that differently. ^^ Jak and Daxter's story doesn't take place in the past.
It's been very long since I played Jak 2, but if the story of Jak & Daxter, Jak 2 and Jak 3 is about Jak as the main protagonist, then him traveling to the past doesn't make it a prequel because his journey is still told in a linear way. That way Back to the Future 3 would be a prequel too.

Btw: Not trying to be rude or anything. In the end I guess all that matters is if they make a new game and that it's fun to play. :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, soniq said:

Oh. no, I totally get what you mean. But when I think of prequel, it always puts me half to sleep because it's automatically less interesting if they do it to tell "that one storyTM" they felt like everybody needed to be told but nobody asked for.

Should have said that differently. ^^ Jak and Daxter's story doesn't take place in the past.
It's been very long since I played Jak 2, but if the story of Jak & Daxter, Jak 2 and Jak 3 is about Jak as the main protagonist, then him traveling to the past doesn't make it a prequel because his journey is still told in a linear way. That way Back to the Future 3 would be a prequel too.

Btw: Not trying to be rude or anything. In the end I guess all that matters is if they make a new game and that it's fun to play. :)

Jak encounters himself as a kid in the future and they ultimately send young Jak to the past that leads up to Jak 1,therefore Jak 2 is kind of a prequel, not entirely but slightly. that’s my logic anyway.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

1 minute ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol better stories? Are you kidding me? You have to be joking, the characters are far deeper in Last of Us and Uncharted, Uncharted’s platforming is just plain better , Uncharted and Last of Us are Far smoother games, never have I seen a bug in Uncharted or Last of Us. I can’t take you seriously, with the rest of that shit you said. You must be fucking out of your mind.

I don't recall encountering any bugs in Jak. However, I have encountered a few in Uncharted/TLoU

Uncharted

• Difficulty trophy for Crushing in Uncharted 1 glitched on me, meaning I had to do 2 Crushing runs
  • Platforming broke in Uncharted 3 and Drake would not jump to the next ledge no matter what I tried so I had to kill myself to get it to work
  • Drake would spawn decapitated in the Monastery co-op chapter, meaning he will not move by himself like he's supposed to to trigger the next few waves of enemies to allow us to progress, so we had to all kill ourselves, wasting 3 lives, or spend 5+ minutes pushing the lifeless corpse of Drake around to trigger the next waves of enemies. Wasting 3 lives is a travesty when you're attempting Overseer, which is arguably the hardest trophy in the game
  • Grenade throwbacks simply not working during parts of co-op in Uncharted 3
  • Bosses falling through the floor in Uncharted 4 co-op, causing the stage to count as a failure, meaning you get 0 XP and no gun upgrades, so your time was completely wasted. They could at least have reset the wave, but nope. Failure.
  • Revive button not registering during Uncharted 4 co-op, so you stand there watching your teammates slowly bleed out because the game wont let you revive them

The Last of Us

• Clicker AI, who are supposed to be blind and who are supposed to only detect via sound, can detect you even if you're slowly crouching going past them, Once, during the Left Behind DLC, I was even crouched completely still in a corner as a clicker walked past and then the clicker suddenly stopped and started attacking me. I hadn't moved. This isn't how we were told clickers work.
  • Hasn't happened to me personally, but I have a friend who fell through the floor
  • Human AI seeing you through solid objects, as if they have x-ray vision
  • Basically every trophy was broken when I was doing it, thankfully I had no issues but lots of people were having trouble with them. I don't know if they've even patched all those issues yet

And these were just the issues I can recall from the top of my head... I can think of nothing for Jak 1-3.

Uncharted's platforming is a joke. Every ledge is highlighted in bright white/yellow paint, there's no challenge to it whatsoever and you never have to think about what you're doing. Jak platforming actually had challenge and you had more input than simply pressing a button to make Drake jump and auto-grab the next bright white ledge. I have no idea how you can argue Uncharted has better platforming.

As far as characters are concerned, Drake is a psychopath who slaughters thousands of men and laughs and cracks jokes while doing it, something the games never even try and address. Sure, Jak kills Crimson Guards, but it could be argued that, especially in Jak II, he's portrayed as an anti-hero who has a goal in mind and will stop at nothing to get it done. Drake is portrayed as a hero. Joel is a generic grissly old dude and Ellie, while more interesting than Joel, is still nothing but a generic archetype you see all the time in zombie movies.

31 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Uncharted 4 was the best one, what bugs did you encounter? Just curious.

I actually started replaying it yesterday and already had three bugs this run. Multiple times dead enemies just fall through the walls with half of their body, I had Sam fall through the floor and just respawn next to me a few seconds later and when I opened my journal while Drake and Sully were talking on the walking-talkie, the journal was rotated by 1/4 (no idea if that's how you say it in English :P) and the walking-talkie was sticking through the journal :lol:. Definitely no game-breaking bugs or anything, but just small things I noticed in my third playthrough of Uncharted 4 so far.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I don't recall encountering any bugs in Jak. However, I have encountered a few in Uncharted/TLoU

Uncharted

• Difficulty trophy for Crushing in Uncharted 1 glitched on me, meaning I had to do 2 Crushing runs
  • Platforming broke in Uncharted 3 and Drake would not jump to the next ledge no matter what I tried so I had to kill myself to get it to work
  • Drake would spawn decapitated in the Monastery co-op chapter, meaning he will not move by himself like he's supposed to to trigger the next few waves of enemies to allow us to progress, so we had to all kill ourselves, wasting 3 lives, or spend 5+ minutes pushing the lifeless corpse of Drake around to trigger the next waves of enemies. Wasting 3 lives is a travesty when you're attempting Overseer, which is arguably the hardest trophy in the game
  • Grenade throwbacks simply not working during parts of co-op in Uncharted 3
  • Bosses falling through the floor in Uncharted 4 co-op, causing the stage to count as a failure, meaning you get 0 XP and no gun upgrades, so your time was completely wasted. They could at least have reset the wave, but nope. Failure.
  • Revive button not registering during Uncharted 4 co-op, so you stand there watching your teammates slowly bleed out because the game wont let you revive them

The Last of Us

• Clicker AI, who are supposed to be blind and who are supposed to only detect via sound, can detect you even if you're slowly crouching going past them, Once, during the Left Behind DLC, I was even crouched completely still in a corner as a clicker walked past and then the clicker suddenly stopped and started attacking me. I hadn't moved. This isn't how we were told clickers work.
  • Hasn't happened to me personally, but I have a friend who fell through the floor
  • Human AI seeing you through solid objects, as if they have x-ray vision
  • Basically every trophy was broken when I was doing it, thankfully I had no issues but lots of people were having trouble with them. I don't know if they've even patched all those issues yet

And these were just the issues I can recall from the top of my head... I can think of nothing for Jak 1-3.

Uncharted's platforming is a joke. Every ledge is highlighted in bright white/yellow paint, there's no challenge to it whatsoever and you never have to think about what you're doing. Jak platforming actually had challenge and you had more input than simply pressing a button to make Drake jump and auto-grab the next bright white ledge. I have no idea how you can argue Uncharted has better platforming.

As far as characters are concerned, Drake is a psychopath who slaughters thousands of men and laughs and cracks jokes while doing it, something the games never even try and address. Sure, Jak kills Crimson Guards, but it could be argued that, especially in Jak II, he's portrayed as an anti-hero who has a goal in mind and will stop at nothing to get it done. Drake is portrayed as a hero. Joel is a generic grissly old dude and Ellie, while more interesting than Joel, is still nothing but a generic archetype you see all the time in zombie movies.

I’m sorry, but you’re just plain wrong here, Nathan Drake and Joel are far deeper characters than Jak. Nate is not a psychopath, how dare you say that. Nothing “generic” about Joel. The Platforming in Uncharted wasn’t meant to be challenging, my god, I can’t believe anyone is saying the shit you are right now and As far as these “bugs” you claim to have experienced, no game is perfect and especially not games that demand so much in the graphics department (which Jak did not) but even with bugs Uncharted and Last of Us May have had in your experiences, they are overall better games.

20 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It's not mandatory. A spoiler bar is added by clicking on the 9th button (the one with an eye icon).

Yeah, lol I don’t think I can do that on this device.

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I actually started replaying it yesterday and already had three bugs this run. Multiple times dead enemies just fall through the walls with half of their body, I had Sam fall through the floor and just respawn next to me a few seconds later and when I opened my journal while Drake and Sully were talking on the walking-talkie, the journal was rotated by 1/4 (no idea if that's how you say it in English :P) and the walking-talkie was sticking through the journal :lol:. Definitely no game-breaking bugs or anything, but just small things I noticed in my third playthrough of Uncharted 4 so far.

I still think even with those bugs the overall package is still better than Jak. I mean no game is perfect.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I still think even with those bugs the overall package is still better. 

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. It's just that unfortunately even these games still have a few bugs in them. Not too much of a problem, though, because it doesn't really effect the overall experience.

• Like 1

jak and dexter is the first series brought to my mind when someone says PS2, one of the games i played most back then especially jak x. unfortunately i couldnt get the same pleasure from them on last gens consoles, the games were same more or less maybe my taste changed as with games.. 

jak series left almost everything left vague, uncertain or unanswered in terms of story and deserve at least a final chapter with a quality mechanics and gameplay in harmony woth ps4 era.. 

but naughty dog isnt as crowded as, say, ubisoft montreal for example soo i suspect about these rumours especially when there is last of us part 2 on horizon and a pressure from gamers about uncharted's continuation. also any new game on jak wouldnt make half money than that of these series I think, so it doesnt seem viable commercially to naughty dog and sony too.. 

But I hope I would be wrong and be able to get my hands on a new jak title ?

56 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Uncharted and Last of Us are Far smoother games, never have I seen a bug in Uncharted or Last of Us.

It can be wrong to compare jak and tlou and uc since the technical limitations and experience of naught dog. Jak was great and felt something from next gen in terms of everything on ps2.. 

Also, I experienced countless bugs and disappearence of graphics etc with TLOU remastered on ps4 also all trophies are glitched too

Edited by Darpiom

Last thing I have to say as far as a Jak 4. I lost hope a long time ago and now I just want the series to stay dead. It was great while it lasted but I don’t want a new entry at this point.

7 minutes ago, Darpiom said:

jak and dexter is the first series brought to my mind when someone says PS2, one of the games i played most back then especially jak x. unfortunately i couldnt get the same pleasure from them on last gens consoles, the games were same more or less maybe my taste changed as with games.. 

jak series left almost everything left vague, uncertain or unanswered in terms of story and deserve at least a final chapter with a quality mechanics and gameplay in harmony woth ps4 era.. 

but naughty dog isnt as crowded as, say, ubisoft montreal for example soo i suspect about these rumours especially when there is last of us part 2 on horizon and a pressure from gamers about uncharted's continuation. also any new game on jak wouldnt make half money than that of these series I think, so it doesnt seem viable commercially to naughty dog and sony too.. 

But I hope I would be wrong and be able to get my hands on a new jak title 1f642.png

Think you quoted me on accident or something.

It can be wrong to compare jak and tlou and uc since the technical limitations and experience of naught dog. Jak was great and felt something from next gen in terms of everything on ps2.. 

Also, I experienced countless bugs and disappearence of graphics etc with TLOU remastered on ps4 also all trophies are glitched tii

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Think you quoted me on accident or something.

I was trying to quoting you while editing so there is a little accident and now double post sorry for the inconvenience guys, couldnt delete the second

• Like 1

I know that there are no rumors that come from credible sources thus far but personally I don't need another Jak game. The story ended in Jak 3. Jak 1, 2 and 3 are also my favourite games by the way. I'm just happy that those games exist and also respect the fact that the story finished. I'm satisfied with what we already have and don't feel another game is really needed.

Edited by olimoo101
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Both Last of Us and Uncharted are objectively better.

Holy shit, I thought we got rid of that shit.

Uncharted and Last of Us don't appeal to everyone in the same way as Jak might. I'm also one of those who liked Jak games WAY better than Uncharted and Last of Us. You can mis-use that word "objectively" all you want (FSM knows someone else did it ad nauseam) but that doesn't make it true.

It really is okay to admit that some people might like Jak better. Your world won't fall apart around you, I promise.

On the rumor, there are no recent rumors, just recycled decade-old rumors. Also, no, I don't for a second believe them for a second.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nexuds121 said:

There are alot of rumors floating around websites, youtube etc...it may end up having prequel. I play all Jak and Daxter games during my time. But if the rumors seems to be true. Then i'm interested. How do you assess this?

I don't know, but I hope to God it's better than the sequel to Sly we got a few years.

2 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol we got a Joker over here. Both Last of Us and Uncharted are objectively better. I mean just look at them. There’s no way you can look at the old Jak games and look the uncharted games (or Last of Us) and think Jak is better. Uncharted and Last of Us are better games in every department.

I know, right? I saw another game recently, and wondered how in the world it could be released on PS4?!?

Image result for pac man images

How could they possibly release a game with a little yellow circle that eats(?) dots and is chased by ghosts(?). Where's the depth of character? And look at those pathetic graphics!!

Edited by starcrunch061