Summer 2018 Backlog Challenge

Trooping on! FF IX is as great as I remember it, though the 10,000 kill trophy is not fun.

Atelier Totori The Adventurer of Arland (PS3) 100% :platinum:

Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland (Vita) 2%

Far Cry 5 (PS4) 1%

Final Fantasy IX (PS4) 18% ---> 100% :platinum: 

Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PS3/4/Vita) 1%

Utawareromono: Mask of Deception (Vita) 0%

Currently unreleased and waiting on my Kickstarter copies, if they come in time, I'll do these two also. (Still Waiting!)

Muv Luv (Vita)

Muv Luv Alternative (Vita)

• Like 3

Second update!

1. Assassin's Creed Origins - 18/68 24%

2. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - 24/51 35% --> 28/51 41%

3. Tales from the Borderlands - 36/36 100%

4. The Wolf Among Us - 0/36 0%

5. Life is Strange  - 4/61 6% --> 10/61 15%

A tiny update, been going slow mostly because I got stuck in some other games. Ni No Kuni II i still great fun, I'm exploring a lot and just enjoying the world. Life is Strange is really not my kind of game, I think I'm gonna rush through it as soon as possible so I can get started on The Wolf Among Us since I am pretty sure I will enjoy that more :)

I'm still hopeful I'll be able to finish this challenge, :D

• Like 3

On 07/05/2018 at 11:06 PM, olliebear66t said:

I don't think I will finish my spring backlog challenge because I've been busy with work recently so will have to put a couple of games from that. I have made good progress with my backlog though which is nice and I should have more time during the summer.

Games:

Bioshock 2

Resident Evil 4

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune

Titanfall 2

Blacklight: Retribution

Farpoint

(All 0% except Farpoint at 25%)

A tough list for me to get through in 3 months but at least it's a good challenge.

Update:

Blacklight Retribution: 0%>>>>>> 87%

Farpoint: 36%

Also played and got 100% in Pac Man and Lucky Lizard as unexpectedly on sale and free easy 100% games.

Currently working on Farpoint's co op and multiplayer trophies and finishing off Blacklight as well and then will get back to finishing off Uncharted 3 before starting Bioshock 2. That is the plan anyway.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 6:49 PM, minh2t said:

Hey! I also got Drive Girls on my list. I just finished the campaign and was about to tackle the multiplayer part of the game, wanna team up? it can make these bosses so much easier to clear with a partner

Yeah as long as our schedules match up that sounds great. Just fair warning I am not very good, I don't think so I'll try not to disappoint.

• Like 1

Detroit: Become Human 100%

Little Witch Academia: 13%

Moonlighter: 14% some trophies bugged, devs are working on this

Muv Luv 1%

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Alchemists and the mysterious paintings 7% > 15%

Having finished my dissertation and nearly at the end of my last clinical placement I've had lots more time for games. I'm playing a lot of things in my backlog at whim but still aim to get all of these (depending on bugs and Moonlighter) by the end of the period. Atelier is a lovely relaxed game for days when its so hot you can't concentrate on more demanding games.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2018 at 11:18 AM, BlazzingWind said:

Glad that there is another season of this event!

Here's my list for now: after the last event, going to keep myself to 6 games and add more as I get through them.

Anna - Extended Edition

Assassin's Creed II

Darksiders II 3% ---> 9%

Last Rebellion 100%

Papo & Yo

rain

Not a large update but with the move being almost done and internet being set up at the new apartment, jumped right into Darksiders II last night. Finished the first main quest of bringing back the fire to the Forge Lands.

• Like 2

Pretty big update, since I haven't been able to post since this started. I apparently ran afoul of the 25 post minimum rule that was recently implemented. That being said, I'm actually pretty pleased at the amount I was able to accomplish over the last month or so.

• Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) - 1%
  • Ico (PS3) - 1%
  • Teslagrad (PS4) - 1% -> 29%
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (PS3) - 10%
  • Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3) - 16% -> 100% :platinum:
  • Grim Fandango (PS4) - 0%
  • Life is Strange (PS4) - 0% -> 100% :platinum: 
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PS4) - 0% -> 100% :platinum:

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (Completed) - I really liked the original Mirror's Edge and was hoping this one would be a worthy successor. I felt like it accomplished that. It kept most of the good stuff about the original, and polished it up quite a lot (actual cut-scenes, longer story, etc). I was more than OK with the fact that this plat was significantly easier, as I still haven't earned the original (curse you, Time Trials and Speedruns!), though my thumb was definitely sore by the time I was done.

Life is Strange (Completed) - Very good game, and the epitome of the Telltale-style, in my opinion. I felt it had a good balance of your choices mattering, impacting the story without changing the broad strokes of it. The implementation of time-travel was cool, even if it doesn't make complete sense at times. The ending probably evoked the most emotion from me of any video game in recent memory, with the exception of Valiant Hearts: The Great War. Spoiler tag ahead for the ending. 

Spoiler

The final choice was truly a difficult one to make, though it could only have ever ended one way. Going in, I had these endings spoiled for me multiple times, but that didn't seem to lessen the impact of the choice for me. Interestingly, everyone on the internet seems to claim that sacrificing the town to save Chloe is the only rational choice, and the only "true ending", but I came to the complete opposite conclusion, particularly after that speech she gives just before you get the choice. I had to sacrifice Chloe, sacrificing the town was pretty much a non-option for me. It's also pretty clear that was the ending intended by the devs to be the canon one, because there's much more thought and care put into it.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Completed) - This was one of the earliest games I played when I got my PS3 in late summer 2011. After playing for a little while, and then it just sat on my shelf for years. Once I popped it back in, the nostalgia rushed through me again. Many games were much worse than I remembered, but I definitely had fun with a few of them. As an aside, this game is now officially my slowest platinum, clocking in at 6 years, 10 months, 2 days. If I manage to finish Uncharted during this challenge, that'll come in at about 3 months shorter.

Teslagrad (In Progress) - Apparently, I had originally started this on PS3, and there is no cross-save capability. Oops. Luckily, I had only played it very briefly and had only gotten two of the trophies, so restarting on PS4 wasn't a big deal. Honestly, I'm having a lot of fun with this game. The puzzles are difficult, without being ridiculous (so far, at least). A few of the areas I've had to look up what to do, but usually that results in me just saying "Of course! It's so obvious!".

• Like 4

My first update! I should've updated before since I did quite some progress:

• Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey [ps4] 0%
  • Drive Girls [vita] 100%  :platinum:
  • Doom VFR [ps4] 28%
  • Far Cry 3: Classic Edition [ps4] 100% :platinum:
  • Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster [ps4] 10%
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA [vita] 2%

Currently been playing Doom VFR but the game is giving so much motion sickness. I can only play 30 minutes at a time haha.

Also big thank you to @colinmazzini for your help in Drive Girls, I also did find the game much harder than the 3/10 that guides mentions. It does get somewhat easier once the Drive Girl sticker set is acquired but getting them is quite the challenge. Sorry again for lagging so much and losing connection a couple times.

• Like 2

Anna - Extended Edition

Assassin's Creed II

Darksiders II 9% ---> 33%

Last Rebellion 100%

Papo & Yo

rain

Chipping away at Darksiders. Have 6 main quests left to go before the final boss, followed by the Crucible and Wicked K to beat. I believe that I have most of the side missions completed. I am just starting the City of the Dead with a lvl 16 Death. As far as I can tell all collectibles up to this point have been retrieved. Just need to push through to the end and rush through Apocolyptic mode to score the plat.

• Like 2

Second Update~

PS4

• Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (38/51 l 70% >>> 51/51 l 100%:platinum:
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (0/46 l 0% >>> 19/46 l 51%)
  • N.E.R.O. ~Nothing Ever Remains Obscure~ (0/24 I 0% >>> 24/24 l 100%) :platinum:
  • Rime
  • Never Alone
  • Abzû (0/12 I 0%)

PS3

• Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel (0/59 l 0%)

PSV

• Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (0/38 l 0%)
  • 7'scarlet (23/23 l 100%) :platinum:
  • Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly
  • Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (12/36 l 25% >>> 36/36 l 100%:platinum:
  • Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ (10/32 l 18%)

Four games done! I completed KH2 and enjoyed every second of it. One of my favorite games ever and it runs much smoother on PS4 than on PS3 thankfully. I started Birth by Sleep right after that and managed to complete the story. I'll try to finish this game this month, but I doubt it somehow.

After finally finally FINALLY completing Digimon Story (that Black Agumon Medal took like... forever ;___;) I continued with my other Vita games and platinumed Hakuoki a few minutes ago. I quite liked the new routes. I'm glad they added Yamazaki and Shinpachi as I really liked those characteres when I played the PS3 version. Soumas and Ibas routes were also very enjoyable and I liked the minor adjustments they made to the old routes. 

Earlier today I also finished N.E.R.O. Not sure what to think of this game. I know what the developers wanted to achieve with telling the story the way they did, but it sadly didn't click with me. I found the story very sad and touching, but it wasn't told in the best way. It just didn't feel natural. And whoever thought the first person perspective was a good idea...? Because it wasn't. The story had me tearing up, but the rest was subpar at best (the voice acting was good though!) . Especially the game crashing during the ending sequence. Thrice. I gave up after that. It totally ruined the mood, I was so angry. That's pretty much the worst point a game can crash. So embarrassing. This game deserved a little better, really.

Edited by alte_muehle91
  • Like 3

Update:

• Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - [100%]
  • Jurassic Park:
    • The Intruder - [100%]
    • The Cavalry[100%]
    • The Depths - [100%]
    • The Survivors[100%]
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus - [100%]
  • Sacred Citadel - [0%]
  • Just Cause 2 - [0 => 40%]

JC2 is coming along slowly but surely (21% in-game). It's a ton of fun. I didn't start on Hardcore difficulty so I'll have to replay it for that once I'm done. I printed out a sheet of all the vehicles and crossing them off as I drive them. Got 72/104 so far and I think there are 10 more I can get from the black market, hopefully the ones missing won't be that hard to find.

• Like 4

New Update:

1. Metro last light (PS4) - 0%

2. Skyrim (PS4) - 74% => 100% :platinum:

3. Uncharted Drake's Fortune (PS4) - 0%

4. BioShock (PS4) - 0%

5. The Nonary Games (PS4) - 0%

6. Knack II (PS4) - 0%

7. Assassin's Creed: Chronicles (PS4) - 0%

• Russia - 0%
  • India - 0%
  • China - 0%

8. Ico (PS3) - 8% 

9. Prince of Persia (PS3) - 0%

10. Remember Me (PS3) - 0%

11. Mini Ninjas (PS3) - 2%

12. Counterspy (PS4) - 19%

13. Cosmic Star Heroine (PSVITA) - 5% => 7%

14. Drive Girls (PSVITA) - 24% => 100% :platinum:

15. Revenant Saga (PSVITA) - 23% => 100% :platinum:

Skyrim finally done. Working slowly through Cosmic Star Heroine. Next is Assassin's Creed: Chronicles - start with Russia.

• Like 4

1. Horizon Zero Dawn 20% --> 32%

2. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered 0% --> 90% platinum-icon.png

3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered 0%

4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered 0%

5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 0%

6. Assassin's Creed II 0% --> 12%

7. Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy 100% platinum-icon.png

8. God of War 0%

9. God of War II 0%

10. God of War III Remastered 0%

11. Homefront: The Revolution 0%

12. Mirror's Edge Catalyst 100% platinum-icon.png

Feel like I haven't done a proper update in a while.

I finally went through and finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and got the platinum :D I'm currently in progress with my Brutal difficulty playthrough on Chapter 6, and not gonna lie it's pretty rough. We'll make it though :D After Brutal all I'll have to do is a quick speedrun and that'll be my 3rd game done.

I started Assassin's Creed II yesterday, got through Sequence 1, loving it so far. I'm going to dive more into that game once I finish up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Got Mirror's Edge Catalyst done, so thankful that the gridleaks are marked on the map because otherwise I would've had a much rougher time collecting those. Really really fun game with a platinum that wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Some dashes were tricky but as long as you watch YouTube videos of the runs to get an idea of how to do them, they should be achievable.

• Like 4

RIME (PS4) - 1%

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4) - 37%

Oceanhorn (Vita) - 34%

Deadpool (PS4) - 32%

Ratchet & Clank (Vita) - 0%

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (PS3) - 91%

I must be terrible at the combat in Hellblade - I have the difficulty down to Easy and am still only just making it through some battles. Still enjoying this one though, definitely would advise it to people who fancy something a little different. And this will probably get mentioned in every update but I could not play this with headphones, just no!

Done all my grinding in Wolverine, which hasn't been too tiresome. I have started the Hard playthrough though and it's a bit of a wake up to go from being hugely over levelled to back to level one on a higher difficulty setting. Going to have to up my combat game on this one!

Having played through this one enough now, I feel comfortable giving it a good 8/10, particularly considering it's 9 years old!

Edited by booshy_89
  • Like 3

Muv Luv 1%

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Alchemists and the mysterious paintings 15% > 21%

Mostly playing games I got in sale due to the multiplayer component (for honor, the division) but dipped my toe into JRPGs such as the enjoyable shining resonance and (on my list) atelier Lyde and Sue. Making some progress in the story department and slowly building up for the endgame trophy requirements, great wind-down game as it's as cute as hell :) 

• Like 3

Killed atelier over the weekend. Hoping to get a few nights in the week to knuckle down with item farm and get the more grindy trophies.

Muv Luv 1%

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Alchemists and the mysterious paintings 21% > 42%

• Like 3

Finally my first update after moving back to Switzerland: 

PS3:

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD - 0% => 21%

Bioshock - 9%

Far Cry 3 - 11%

PS4:

Darksiders Warmastered Edition - 0%

Limbo - 0% => 90%

Metro 2033 - 0% => 72%

Uncanny Valley - 0% => 100%

Watch Dogs - 0% => 98% :platinum:

I started the Summer challenge with Watch Dogs. In the beginning I was enjoying it a lot (maybe due the fact that it was my first open-world game in a while)! The environment and Chicago were beautiful with a lot of details. Especially, the atmosphere during or right after a rain storm was incredible! The main story was interesting but nothing special and most of the characters were ok. However, after a while I more and more realized how tedious the side missions and collectibles were...I mean its great to have a lot stuff to do next to the main story but in this case its done in a completely wrong fashion. All of them followed the same pattern over and over again and the final one missions were as anti-climatic as it can get. For example, I was getting really invested in the Missing Person and Human Traffic Investigation just to end up disappointed. Furthermore, the hacking mechanic seemed fun but never really reached its full potential.

Honestly, I liked the main story in the DLC more than the one of the base game. However, they managed to make the side stuff even more dreadful...

All in all the game was not too difficult (and my critic sounds harsher than it should be) but the trophies got annoying really fast and overshadowed a potential great game. 

BUT don't get me started with the Traced Trophy...1f624.png

Next were two shorter indie games. Again I don't know why I've waited so long to play Limbo. It was a great experience and left my speechless more than once. The mystery behind the story and the "simple" but awesome graphic style made it this game into something truly special. 

After the first couple of levels I was getting a bit arrogant and thought it will be a piece of cake to finish this game with less than 5 deaths...but boy oh boy I was wrong ? don't get me wrong the game is not impossible to beat and the various puzzles are solvable after a couple of times even without a guide but at the moment I can't think of a way to beat the No Point in Dying Trophy...

Uncanny Valley was another hidden gem in my huge backlog. During my first blind playthrough, I've managed to get 3 trophies out of pure luck but didn't reach a satisfying ending (in my opinion). However, with the help of some guides the game is easy and fast to beat. 

It seems to be just a small indie game but it actually has a lot of replayability and I'm not sure if I have seen all the different endings, despite having gained all the trophies. 

In the end, I was enjoying Uncanny Valley way more than I was expecting but I have to admit, without guides I wouldn't have been able to beat it 100%.

My opinion towards Metro 2033 is a bit mixed. On the one hand the atmosphere and world building is incredible. For example, stepping outside the tunnels for the first time or hear the fight between the Communist and Fascists in the background...wow! My imagination was also quickly captured by the way the game was portraying the miserable life after a nuclear war in the subway system.

However, Metro 2033 was not without its flaws and bugs. More than once I was stuck between invisible walls without a chance to move or perform certain actions (like putting on the gas mask or taking out the lighter). Unfortunately, reloading the chapters did not solve the problem, so I had to start a fresh game (luckily it happened in the beginning hours). An other negative point that broke the immersion was the horrible (and almost comedic) German audio ? I've never heard a Russian speak like this in real-life. And even though the world seems unique on first sight, it got repetitive after a while...tunnels will stay tunnels regardless which faction is controlling them :D 

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the game and really wanted to witness the ending. I will take my time with the second playthrough and try to finish first some of my PS3 games in the meantime. 

• Like 3

Hey Everyone. Way to go so far, just to let you know we are already halfway done with the challenge. Hopefully, your lists look a bit better than mine, and if not at least hopefully you have been having fun.

New Update:

Not much to write about. 

2. Skyrim (PS4) - 74% => 100% :platinum:

4. BioShock (PS4) - 0%

6. Knack II (PS4) - 0%

• Russia - 0% => 9%
  • India - 0%
  • China - 0%

8. Ico (PS3) - 8% 

9. Prince of Persia (PS3) - 0%

10. Remember Me (PS3) - 0%

11. Mini Ninjas (PS3) - 2%

12. Counterspy (PS4) - 19% => 57%

13. Cosmic Star Heroine (PSVITA) - 7%

14. Drive Girls (PSVITA) - 24% => 100% :platinum:

15. Revenant Saga (PSVITA) - 23% => 100% :platinum:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, colinmazzini said:

Hey Everyone. Way to go so far, just to let you know we are already halfway done with the challenge. Hopefully, your lists look a bit better than mine, and if not at least hopefully you have been having fun.

New Update:

Not much to write about. 

2. Skyrim (PS4) - 74% => 100% :platinum:

4. BioShock (PS4) - 0%

6. Knack II (PS4) - 0%

• Russia - 0% => 9%
  • India - 0%
  • China - 0%