“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

13 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

@Ilzaki 

Hmm… you’d think they’d notice the slow down during development & change the enemy spawns to fix the issue. A detailed background set piece like that may also be causing some of the slow down. I’ve got a weak spot for dragons in games so I’d probably overlook the lag. Finding a copy on the other hand, is the bigger challenge. But games that give you good replay ability are usually worth it.  

Mikhail is precious.  

• Like 2

On 2/5/2019 at 2:37 PM, xEl_Cidx said:

Put a dent on GTA: IV:

100% - ee201321.png

Nice work! Earning the plat will be accomplishing enough; going for 100% is gonna be an awesome achievement. Good luck ?

On 2/8/2019 at 6:43 PM, bruin-rocks said:

I have completed Linger in Shadows. First trophy August 9th 2013, last trophy February 8th 2019, completion time 5 years 6 months. 

Back on the board for 2019 ?

PS Now gives you a good way to finish those old games that have been lost/sold. Hopefully you enjoy getting back to RE & Bioshock.

As for my own progress: 12 new gold crowns to report in Monster Hunter. Just looking to find ones for Elder Dragons & the last area monsters. Also, chipping away at arena quests 21/50

• Like 1

On 25.11.2018 at 1:10 PM, REAPER4536 said:

@Gretchen27 I won't trophy hunt till March except a server shut down is coming which I could avoid. So you I would like to switch to inactive participants.

Finally after a couple of months I am going to write my last exame tomorrow. So I will be back in the event maybe in february. If anyone has good advices for games on my account I would like to hear them. Star Trek Online will be my 50th and games like rocket league with a lot of DLC which take to much time to 100% won't be a good choice since I wanna platinum games only when I have done the DLCs too. What games are doable in a week on my account with less effort?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, REAPER4536 said:

Finally after a couple of months I am going to write my last exame tomorrow. So I will be back in the event maybe in february. If anyone has good advices for games on my account I would like to hear them. Star Trek Online will be my 50th and games like rocket league with a lot of DLC which take to much time to 100% won't be a good choice since I wanna platinum games only when I have done the DLCs too. What games are doable in a week on my account with less effort?

Grim Fandango is doable in a week if you use a guide.
Uncharted 3....kind of. I don't know how much gaming time you'll have in that week or how you feel about Crushing mode. You're over halfway on the collectibles though & the weapon kills are simple to farm.

That's all I know of that I've played. Syberia may be another option. Good luck on your final exam!

& using Star Trek Online for your 50th is awesome! Great choice. 

Edited by Gretchen27

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

Thanks to Vita's Birthday I got to play some great new & old games. From the backlog I completed:

Final Fantasy X HD [4 years, 1 month] post

Final Fantasy X-2 HD [4 years, 4 days] post

Akiba's Beat [7 months, 3 weeks] post

@Myu Nice work! Any reason why you're not counting Tearaway & Hakuoki? 

Because Tearaway and Hakuoki were ready before they reached the 6-month backlog criteria and I postponed their plats for the event whereas Chaos;Child was only ready around mid-February so I feel like I would be cheating with the first two.

Congrats on FFX and FFX-2, the mini-games from FFX still haunt me at night :D

Also have two new entries for this event, after having nothing done in January:

lWgjrqB.png

Both games couldn't be more different. While Flower is overall quite relaxing and calming (with the exception of one level), Super Stardust Delta is quite hectic and calls for your attention most of the time. Both games still had a few problems when I initially played them.

Flower can be either played via touch-controls (which also require the rear touchpad, yikes :unsure: ) or the gyro-sensor and there doesn't seem to be a way to recalibrate (unlike in flOw) so it can be a PITA to move the petals in the desired direction.

Super Stardust is overall quite fun but getting some trophies can become quite troublesome as the additional game modes require a bit more planning than the main game. And then there's things like getting a maxed out multiplier where you have to dodge enemies and their projectiles for up to 15 minutes to reach the required points. There were quite a few attempts where I failed right before that mark.

Nonetheless I think that Flower on Vita was pretty decent and it's likely that I will revisit the PS3-version shortly after. And Super Stardust Delta is probably my favorite version of the game as I personally think it's much easier to focus on all the enemy movements on a small screen than seeing it on a big television.

February 2019: Super Stardust Delta [24th February 2013, 100%], Flower [28th June 2016, 100%]

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Myu said:

Because Tearaway and Hakuoki were ready before they reached the 6-month backlog criteria and I postponed their plats for the event whereas Chaos;Child was only ready around mid-February so I feel like I would be cheating with the first two.

Congrats on FFX and FFX-2, the mini-games from FFX still haunt me at night :D

Just had to double check. Had the same reasoning myself for SAO Lost Song as that took about a month (too good to put down).

Thank you, I think the chocobo races made me ruin the left analog stick  :shakefist:those mini games really suck.

11 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Also have two new entries for this event, after having nothing done in January:

lWgjrqB.png

Flower looks like a nice relaxing explorer type game similar to Abzu. Reading your reception of the controls sounds like it'll be a better experience on console. Rear touchscreen controls are tricky.

& congrats on knocking out Super Stardust  Delta. Nearly 6yrs in the making. These 2 games make up for the skip in January ☺️

On 21.2.2019 at 11:54 PM, Gretchen27 said:

Grim Fandango is doable in a week if you use a guide.
Uncharted 3....kind of. I don't know how much gaming time you'll have in that week or how you feel about Crushing mode. You're over halfway on the collectibles though & the weapon kills are simple to farm.

That's all I know of that I've played. Syberia may be another option. Good luck on your final exam!

& using Star Trek Online for your 50th is awesome! Great choice. 

Thanks for the advice :) I will try my best and if I dont have  enough time then I will have Grim Fandandgo completed by the end of march.

• Like 1

2 more down from the backlog!

Skylar & Plux: Adventures on Clover Island - 7 months and 6 days.

Minecraft Story Mode (PS3) - 9 months and 4 days

Finally got back around to the final trophy of Minecraft Story Mode, forgot I just needed just the one.

Skylar and Plux only took another hour or so of finding the collectibles and grinding currency.

• Like 1

I finished another game for this month. After getting a new external drive I had to reinstall most of my games, which took nearly one week. During that time I decided to play something that was installed on my internal drive. That game happened to be Randal's Monday which qualifies for this event.

@Gretchen27 I've remade my list. Could you please replace the list in the main post with the following one.

March 2017: Rocket League (Dropshot DLC)

April 2017: Dark Cloud (First trophy: 06.12.2015/1 year, 4 month), Doki-Doki Universe (First trophy: 05.04.2016/1 year, 3 weeks)

May 2017: Shadow Of Mordor (First trophy: 05.11.2015/1 year, 6 months)

June 2017: Grand Theft Auto Vice City (First trophy: 09.03.2016/1 year, 3 months)

September 2017: Teslagrad (First trophy 03.09.2015/2 years, 5 days) Broken Age (First trophy: 08.10.2015/1 year, 11 months)

January 2018: Sleeping Dogs (First tophy: 25.03.2017/10 months, 1 day)

May 2018: Ratchet & Clank (First trophy: 20.04.2016/2 years, 2 weeks) Batman: Arkham Knight (Story DLCs)

September 2018: Sword Art Online: Lost Song (First Trophy: 19.06.2016/1 year, 10 months)

October 2018: Far Cry Primal (First trophy: 30.03.2018/6 months, 2 weeks)

January 2019: Rocket League (Clubs DLC)

February 2019: Alienation (First Trophy: 25.11.2017/1 year, 2 months) Randals's Monday (First Trophy: 30.07.2018/6 months, 3 weeks)

• Like 1

Updated.

@bruin-rocks

Grinding all bounty sets is still burned into my mind. Congrats on 11k trophies! Will Lost Legacy by your 12k milestone?  ?

@Psy-Tychist

Great work! That’s 3 backlog games for the month (optimistic: so far…)

@MarkusT1992

Absolutely. The (much) nicer list has been copied over.

Spending a week to get the new external hard drive up & running & still finding time to cross off a second game before the month ends. Awesome job ☺️

18 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Spending a week to get the new external hard drive up & running & still finding time to cross off a second game before the month ends. Awesome job 263a.png

You can still play while installing all the stuff. I just had to pause sometimes to start the next batch of downloads.

14 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

@MarkusT1992 That’s neat, I’d assumed you’d be locked in a progress screen. Still you could have just as easily been playing a newer game.

Sure, but most of the newer games were on my external drive and had to be reinstalled.

The PS4 can even install games in rest mode, which normaly is faster then when the system is on.