“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

Strong month with those reporting finishing more than one game. Keep marching on through the backlog everyone (pun intended).

Monthly Summary:

February

Games Completed by Participant:

bruin-rocks: 5 games

Crimson Idol: 2 games 

Gretchen27: 3 games

MarkusT1992: 2 games

Myu: 2 games

Psy-Tychist: 3 games

Vermachtnis: 2 games

Total: 19 games (+12)

Oldest Game Completed: God of War II [9 years, 5 days] bruin-rocks

Rarest Platinum: Grand Kingdom (1.19%) Myu 

Rarest 100%: Super Stardust Delta (8.38%) Crimson Idol

• Like 3

Nothing done in February for me ☹️  Spent most of the month playing Skyrim.  I'll see if I can manage to finish anything old while KYC this month. I doubt it but I've got a couple small ones that might work.

10 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Strong month with those reporting finishing more than one game. Keep marching on through the backlog everyone (pun intended).

Monthly Summary:

February

bruin-rocks: 5 games

Crimson Idol: 2 games 

Gretchen27: 3 games

MarkusT1992: 2 games

Myu: 2 games

Vermachtnis: 2 games

Total: 19 games (+12)

Oldest Game Completed: God of War II [9 years, 5 days] bruin-rocks

Rarest Platinum: Grand Kingdom (1.19%) Myu 

Rarest 100%: Super Stardust Delta (8.38%) Crimson Idol

You technically completed 4 games, Sword Art Online comes in at 6 months 3 days. 

3 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

You technically completed 4 games, Sword Art Online comes in at 6 months 3 days. 

That I did. But SAO actually took me about a month to complete & I saved an easy trophy to unlock the plat for the Vita Anniversary event. I wouldn't have felt right counting it. 

Hey everyone, I’m working on God of War 3 right now and will soon be done, I’ve also been chipping away at BioShock on PS3, but I was wondering if anyone here could give me a recommendation for a good RPG that is in my backlog, preferably on PS4, but any system works. I want a fairly lengthy RPG, Japanese or Western, good graphics, and solid gameplay, I also don’t want something that will require me to wreck my brain trying to figure out. I wont have tons of time to play everyday for the next few weeks, so I just want a game that I can leisurely stroll through putting a few hours in everyday, it’s a lot to ask, I know. 

On 3/2/2019 at 11:39 PM, bruin-rocks said:

Hey everyone, I’m working on God of War 3 right now and will soon be done, I’ve also been chipping away at BioShock on PS3, but I was wondering if anyone here could give me a recommendation for a good RPG that is in my backlog, preferably on PS4, but any system works. I want a fairly lengthy RPG, Japanese or Western, good graphics, and solid gameplay, I also don’t want something that will require me to wreck my brain trying to figure out.

Just started The Witcher 3 myself & it does fit the criteria you’re looking for. I’d also throw in suggestions for:

Horizon Zero Dawn 

Digimon Story Cybersleuth

Ys: Memories of Celceta

I am close to finishing God of War 3, hopefully will be done before the weekend, I have completed Challenge of the Gods, it was surprisingly easy, and now I am working on Titan mode. Currently at Hades, who I hear is a hard boss but I will find out later. I am also chipping away at Persona 4 on the Vita. After I finish God of War 3, I am going to renew PSnow, and get my platinum trophy in Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Whitch, also per the suggestion, I will probably pick up Ys: Memories of Celcetta, is it a good starting point for the series? My sister had started it a while back and then just sold it. 

3 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

I will probably pick up Ys: Memories of Celcetta, is it a good starting point for the series? My sister had started it a while back and then just sold it. 

As most of the series' entries are self-contained (with Ys I + II being the exception) it's probably as good as a starting point as any other game. From the ones with trophies it's probably the best game to start with as it's not as long as Lacrimosa of Dana (getting the plat for Celceta took me something between 30 and 35 hours IIRC, whereas I spend about 75 hours with Lacrimosa) and unlike Ys Origin it doesn't require you to play the boss rush on a specific difficulty. There are a few things to be aware of: Completing the map can be a bit annoying as the FoV is quite low and you will find yourself walking at the edges of the areas later on. And there's also a trophy for opening all chests. There's at least one well hidden one and there are also others that are easy to miss.

Personally I also started the series with Memories of Celceta and I really enjoyed it. If you want to see whether you like the gameplay you might want to try the demo for Lacrimosa of Dana. The characters, monsters, and surroundings are different but the gameplay is quite similar. If you enjoy it, I'm sure you will also have fun with Celceta.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

As most of the series' entries are self-contained (with Ys I + II being the exception) it's probably as good as a starting point as any other game. From the ones with trophies it's probably the best game to start with as it's not as long as Lacrimosa of Dana (getting the plat for Celceta took me something between 30 and 35 hours IIRC, whereas I spend about 75 hours with Lacrimosa) and unlike Ys Origin it doesn't require you to play the boss rush on a specific difficulty. There are a few things to be aware of: Completing the map can be a bit annoying as the FoV is quite low and you will find yourself walking at the edges of the areas later on. And there's also a trophy for opening all chests. There's at least one well hidden one and there are also others that are easy to miss.

Personally I also started the series with Memories of Celceta and I really enjoyed it. If you want to see whether you like the gameplay you might want to try the demo for Lacrimosa of Dana. The characters, monsters, and surroundings are different but the gameplay is quite similar. If you enjoy it, I'm sure you will also have fun with Celceta.

Thanks for the detailed reply! Definitely going to pick it up, probably unlikely it’ll get a sale but it’s only $20 so definitely seems worth it. I also own Lacrimosa of Dana, so I will play that afterwards! 

• Like 1

March 2019 Update:

Another game off the backlog: Goal Achieved!

(PS3) Remember Me – First Trophy: May 1, 2014 (11/51 – 15%) – Goal: 100%

On a side note:

98c7160.png- I also got 100% on the Pirates of the Caribbean DLC for LBP - still have to collect all prize bubbles and not die in certain levels for plat on the base game

Edited by xEl_Cidx
oompa loompa
  • Like 2

I just 100% Uncharted Drake’s Fortune Remastered. First Trophy October 2015, final trophy March 16th 2019, 3 years 5 months. Brutal mode was... well it was brutal, I dont think I can do that again for a long while on the other two. So they will end up deeper in the backlog. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, bruin-rocks said:

I just 100% Uncharted Drake’s Fortune Remastered. First Trophy October 2015, final trophy March 16th 2019, 3 years 5 months. Brutal mode was... well it was brutal, I dont think I can do that again for a long while on the other two. So they will end up deeper in the backlog. 

Brutal mode is no joke, that's for sure. Plenty of tough spots like the jet ski level in 1. But the train boss fight in 2 was the toughest of the 3 IMO. Congrats on finishing Brutal mode & good luck for when you eventually get to the others. 

So again after a lazy few months off not posting, I need an update.

Still have been successful throughout December, February and March, although haven't been focusing intently on this backlog. Simply been completing 3 games before I am allowed to add a new one, but it is working to a degree.

December

Star Wars Battlefront (25 Dec 2015)

This game was an absolute prick. The oldest on my list, with one or two trophies that communities wailed about regularly. My issue was with the take down an atst with a tow cable. After hours of looking for servers, not finding matches, being placed on the opposite team, or being shot down immediately by opposition i fluked it. I never want to think about that trophy again. Recommend the game, just the trophies are true trophy hunter trophies in my opinion.

January - FAIL :(

February

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (29 Dec 2015)
Needed significant help with this, finally decided to grind out gun kills for the platinum and had a couple of mates helping me through the easter eggs. Most hardest was Gorod Krovi, doing a trophy that is broken without downgrading the game was a huge workaround. Some seriously long hours, and glad to be rid of this.

March

YookaLaylee (28 Feb 2018)
For any Banjo Kazooie fan off the N64, i recommed this, unfortunately it felt the same, and was outdated. Thats why i struggled to get into it. But somehwat enjoyable except for the silly character noises and collectible searching.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (27 Jan 2017)
Played this until my eyes hurt. Was so determined to get this done, but overlooked a critical element of the trophy road map and had to grind new game plus for a further 7 hours. Wanted to finish this up so I can play KH3 soon.

Bombing Busters (16 Mar 2018)
Had one final level remaining that was quite hard, was just a matter of time and patience in the end although it felt clutch. This game is like a poor mans Bomberman and easily as annoying. Glad to be rid of this as well, as Playstation Plus games that I can't complete are always a pet hate.

New Backlog Targets - April

Ni No Kuni 2 - Revenant Kingdom

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Knack

Cheers

• Like 1

The Caligula Effect [8 months, 4 hours]

I've finally earned the plat for that grindfest of a game. The fact that I've managed to get #26 on the Fastest Achievers board with 8 months and 4 hours shows just how boring and repetitive it is to get to lvl100 when the story doesn't require to get past lvl30. And let's not talk about the glitchy save files. I'm just happy it's over. One less game in my backlog.

• Like 2

Updated.

@AUSTRALIANDJ

Some hefty online games you worked through this time. Very nice work :D & January isn’t a fail, you’re still averaging a game a month. Keep it up!

@Myu

It’s a shame they can go ahead & release Overdose for the PS4 but never bother to fix the Vita version. Awesome you stuck with it through completion, at least you’ll always be in the top 50 first achievers ;)

• Like 1

Platinumed Table Top Racing World Tour. First trophy May 3rd 2016, final one March 25th 2019. 2 years 10 months. This was a great little racing game, good challenge but not to difficult for the average gamer. I had a lot of intriguing challenges that kept me busy and i terested in the game! 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 2

Monthly Summary:

March

AUSTRALIANDJ: 3 games

bruin-rocks: 4 games

Myu: 1 game

snakebit10: 1 game

Vermachtnis: 1 game

xEl_Cidx: 2 games

Total: 15 games (-4)

Oldest Game Completed: God of War III [8 years, 2 months] bruin-rocks

Rarest Platinum: The Caligula Effect (2.50%) Myu 

Rarest 100%: Bombing Buster (2.51%) AUSTRALIANDJ

Personally, I got wrapped up in KYC this month so no progress was made for my backlog. I’ll be adding some of them in the future though. I’m hoping to get back on track come April.

@bruin-rocks

Another strong month with 3 games. I’m a bit jealous of that Table Top plat, I think the drifting challenges are tough. Might have to download it & try again since it’s been a few years.

@snakebit10

Yes, that’s okay to re-complete a game that releases new DLC. & don’t worry about getting something done every month. You’ve got a large backlog, eventually you’ll finish something old.

@Ilzaki

Just in the nick of time. Awesome!

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 3