“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

2 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Same, Connor & Hank were my favorite duo. I like grumpy detectives & clueless partners. My first playthrough didn't end the way I wanted it to for them. Spoiler free version they ended up on the roof & I aced the QTEs so I very nearly destroyed my PS4. But lucky I was able to restart & fail the last QTE. Still wasn't a great outcome, but they both lived. I was hoping I could stay neutral (guess that falls under machine) & just fail to kill Markus. 

Don't know that ending yet but I guess it's the one where an image can be seen as a video thumbnail in the trophy guide.

The problem for me was that I always chose options to improve the friendship between those two and then I ruined everything by choosing a wrong answer afterwards. My ending was somewhere in the lower floors of the CyberLife-tower. I had to make a choice and chose the wrong option and well, Hank didn't make it. :(

It was surely an enjoyable cinematic adventure. I still want to see other different outcomes but I don't want to rush it as that would spoil the game. 

• Like 1

I would like to be added in as a participant if I still can. 

The games I would like to platinum or 100% this year are listed down below. These are listed in no particular order. 

1. Back to the Future: The Game. First Trophy: December 25th 2017
2. Infamous Second Son. First Trophy: September 8th 2017
3. Need for Speed. First Trophy: September 15th 2017
4. Until Dawn. First Trophy: August 23rd 2017
5. Unravel. First Trophy: September 21st 2017
6. Beyond: Two Souls. First Trophy: May 6th 2018
7. The Escapists. First Trophy: October 15th 2017
8. That's you! First Trophy: August 29th 2017
9. Downwell. First Trophy: August 22nd 2017
10. Dead Island Riptide. First Trophy: October 19th 2017
11. Dead Island. First Trophy: October 22nd 2017
12. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. First Trophy: June 24th 2017

I'm hoping I can finish at least one of these games once a month. I hope I have time to work on these which I probably will. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Don't know that ending yet but I guess it's the one where an image can be seen as a video thumbnail in the trophy guide.

The problem for me was that I always chose options to improve the friendship between those two and then I ruined everything by choosing a wrong answer afterwards. My ending was somewhere in the lower floors of the CyberLife-tower. I had to make a choice and chose the wrong option and well, Hank didn't make it. :(

It was surely an enjoyable cinematic adventure. I still want to see other different outcomes but I don't want to rush it as that would spoil the game. 

Oh I'm pretty sure I know the ending you're talking about. Been watching far to many 'what happens when you choose' videos after my second playthrough. That's a depressing first ending ?

Yeah I'm going to save the game for a milestone since I enjoyed it so much. The flowchart is a really nice addition. That'll make finding every outcome much easier. At least the next go round you'll know the good options (unless you unlock a completely different path).

8 hours ago, ItsMeZack16 said:

I would like to be added in as a participant if I still can. 

I'm hoping I can finish at least one of these games once a month. I hope I have time to work on these which I probably will. 

Absolutely, it's an ongoing event so signs up are always open. Welcome & good luck with the backlog! 

You're list is balanced with short & long completion times. A game a month is certainly manageable ?

I'll add your section in tomorrow.

• Like 1

@Gretchen27 I will have to add to last year to make a nice 25 games overall.

I have finally finished Child of Light at 2 years and 1 month on 28th December 2018.

Good round up though, I enjoyed seeing how well others have done at clearing out games left for too long on the backburner.

Can the list I have in the OP be removed, as it's not accurate anymore. 

• Like 1

1547223349-sound-shapes.jpg

Finally! It took me forever to get the Death Mode trophies but I finally managed to get that plat!

Never again!

January 2019: Sound Shapes [3 years, 4 months]

Now if I didn't keep getting that network error, I could autopop the PS3 and PS4 plats and be real proud of myself :P

• Like 3

uIy0mPM.png

Past me was bad at videogames.  I had all the silver medals but like four golds.  First time doing the challenge, if I didn't get the gold I at least beat my old record.  Except for the one Slide Race I didn't gold three years ago.  I had to relearn how to slide in this game.  And speaking of past me being bad, I went out to collect some gems before doing a challenge.  I was only like 500 away from the 40K trophy.

• Like 2

I'll give a little update, Sinc I've started I have gone from 4 trophies to 27 in Dreamfall Chapters. So I am working to have it done by the end of the month.

@Gretchen27 Do I have to just stick to the games I have listed. If one month I get one of my games done early in the month and I decide to work on something I didn't list can I still post it here?

6 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Alright, great to see another game down. Got you updated 1f642.png

That one was getting close to being exactly a year old. Impressive plat, congrats!

Hey if Death Mode is as difficult as people say it is, who can judge harshly for syncing? Only thing I'll say is congrats for crossing another game off your list :D

Awesome to hear :yay: 

Have to agree with you. The Back to the Future story elements didn't really sit well in a TellTale game. But at least Christopher Lloyd reprised his role & voiced Doc. 

Also, noticed you have another 1yr+ game this month with Disc Jam. Plat-less games count as well & you can add it if you'd like since it's completed in the same month you joined. 

That's how it always works out; you come back to something down the road better than before. Those challenges are tough (personally still haunted by a few). Very well done! 

Sounds like you've got a good pace planned out. Keep at it! 

& no, you don't have to post your whole games list in advance. Plans change for various reasons & since this isn't a competition with strict rules your game(s) will still count. Just as long as it's 6 months+ from the first trophy earned, that's what matters.   

Ok, Got it. Thank you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Alright, great to see another game down. Got you updated 1f642.png

That one was getting close to being exactly a year old. Impressive plat, congrats!

Hey if Death Mode is as difficult as people say it is, who can judge harshly for syncing? Only thing I'll say is congrats for crossing another game off your list :D

Awesome to hear :yay: 

Have to agree with you. The Back to the Future story elements didn't really sit well in a TellTale game. But at least Christopher Lloyd reprised his role & voiced Doc. 

Also, noticed you have another 1yr+ game this month with Disc Jam. Plat-less games count as well & you can add it if you'd like since it's completed in the same month you joined. 

That's how it always works out; you come back to something down the road better than before. Those challenges are tough (personally still haunted by a few). Very well done! 

Sounds like you've got a good pace planned out. Keep at it! 

& no, you don't have to post your whole games list in advance. Plans change for various reasons & since this isn't a competition with strict rules your game(s) will still count. Just as long as it's 6 months+ from the first trophy earned, that's what matters.   

Sure, I didn't know if this was exclusive to only plats or what. Thanks!

Yeah, you do make a good point, I really liked that also.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 11:18 AM, xEl_Cidx said:

Another January 2019 update:

Goal Achieved:

(PS3) GTA V – First Trophy: September 22, 2013 (54/59 – 89%) – Goal: 100% base game & DLC

Another game of the backlog - on to the next one

Thanks Gretchen27 - Happy Gaming!

Strong start to the year with 2 games already. Awesome work getting the 100% in GTA V!

On 1/15/2019 at 4:35 PM, ItsMeZack16 said:

Sure, I didn't know if this was exclusive to only plats or what. Thanks!

DLC can count as well. Good to keep in mind if you've already finished the base game of something. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can report on a game I finally finished.

I started Alienation for one of the Kill Your Completion events and got every trophy except one in relative short time.

The last one was very luck heavy but I got it after a total of 1 year, 2 months and 1 week.

February 2019: Alienation (First Trophy: 25.11.2017)

• Like 1

Finished Drakengard 3.  I did Route A way back in May of '17.  Not knowing how Yoko Taro does games, I thought that was the end.  I went back and decided to plat it before Kingdom Hearts 3.  But then I got stuck on the final boss.  Then they announced the next raid in FFXIV was written by Taro and based on NIER Automata, so I was like.  I'm going to do it.

February 2019:  Drakengard 3 (1 Year 9 Months)

• Like 1

Monthly Summary:

January

Games Completed by Participant:

ItsMeZack16: 1 game

Kevvik: 1 game

Myu: 1 game

snakebit10: 1 game

Vermachtnis: 1 game

xEl_Cidx: 2 games

Total: 7 games (+0)

Oldest Game Completed: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time [8 years, 11 months] Kevvik

Rarest Platinum: Killzone 2 (2.29%) xEl_Cidx

Rarest 100%: Abzû (14.48%) snakebit10

Active check for @FreddySM14

How’s it going :wave: Anything new to report?

Moved to Inactive @EPICRAGE @f1-owner2011

Still haven’t heard from any of you since October’s check. Simply post whenever you’re active again.

@snakebit10

Congrats on knocking out your first game! :dance:

@Psy-Tychist

Nice ☺️ Always that final boss that can hold you up.

@MarkusT1992

Been a little while, congrats on crossing off Alienation! Also, happened to notice you’ve finished up Rocket League in January. Perhaps you forgot to report that as well :ninja:

@Ilzaki

I’ve always been curious about playing Drakengard (heard it had some slow down problems). Hopefully you liked finishing the other routes!

As for my own personal goals: looking at my backlog I’ve got mainly grindy games to finish up. So a game a month isn’t feasible anymore, plus I’d like to get into some of my un-played backlog this year. I’ll be focusing on Monster Hunter: World & Resonance of Fate for the most part. The former I’d like to complete before the winter expansion drops & thanks to Appreciation Fest I’ve earned 8 new gold crowns last week alone! I can’t remember much from Resonance, other than a crazy combat system & getting stuck on a battle a few chapters in. Safe bet I’ll just start over from scratch on this one.

Ranks have also (finally!) been updated. Trying out a new system by adding a rank progress under the agenda section. Mostly to make it easier to track & update every month instead of updating ranks after a few months. There are three variations:

[Rank up in X game] X = the number you need to complete by months ends for the next grade.

[Rank maintained in X game] for people with plat grades in jeopardy.

[Rank maintained +X] plat grades with surplus completion.

I’ve been known to make mistakes though. So as usual, if you find one let me know. It’s nice to see some games already being done for February since it’s a short month. Keep it up & Happy gaming everyone!

• Like 4

@Gretchen27

It's a fun game.  It has some serious slow down issues.  I think it has something to do with how the board is loaded.  All the enemies are there from the start, just off screen or something.  And speaking of off screen, there's a few boards that has Mikhail fighting stuff in the back ground, like a full on Navy.

And the other routes are great.  I liked the fact that Two was important in B and C.  

• Like 1

@Gretchen27 Honestly I often forget about this event with all the other events I'm in. Also I already used Rocket League DLC for a monthback when Billy was doing this event.

If you will allow using it again you can add it to my list with the following line

January 2019: Rocket League Clubs DLC

Also technically it took my a few years to complete Until Dawn. I played that game for the very first Kill Your Completion event back in 2016(?) but didn't get a trophy at that time.

But since the time between first and last trophy counts it won't count for this event.

I just saw that I'm still listed in the boosting section. You can remove me from there now.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

@Ilzaki 

Hmm… you’d think they’d notice the slow down during development & change the enemy spawns to fix the issue. A detailed background set piece like that may also be causing some of the slow down. I’ve got a weak spot for dragons in games so I’d probably overlook the lag. Finding a copy on the other hand, is the bigger challenge. But games that give you good replay ability are usually worth it.  

@MarkusT1992 No worries, the site offers tons of events to get lost in.

You can use it again after all it’s been almost 2 years. I don’t play Rocket League, but I’m assuming that DLC was added in later.

& correct. Until Dawn would not qualify. I'll update your section / remove you from boosting. 

@Gretchen27 I was lucky to get Abzu in before the end of the month. I got so distracted by new games like Spider Man and God of War that I didn't know. Looking over my list I knew Abzu would only take a short time to get those 2 final trophies I needed.

I have so many unplayed games in my library, it is going to be a real challenge for me to get my back log knocked down.

• Like 1

Just now, Gretchen27 said:

@MarkusT1992 No worries, the site offers tons of events to get lost in.

You can use it again after all it’s been almost 2 years. I don’t play Rocket League, but I’m assuming that DLC was added in later.

& correct. Until Dawn would not qualify. I'll update your section / remove you from boosting. 

The Clubs Update was adden summer last year. When I used the Rocket League DLC the latest one was the Dropshot DLC which is the one I used. Since then there were two new DLC lists added.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snakebit10 said:

@Gretchen27 I was lucky to get Abzu in before the end of the month. I got so distracted by new games like Spider Man and God of War that I didn't know. Looking over my list I knew Abzu would only take a short time to get those 2 final trophies I needed.

I have so many unplayed games in my library, it is going to be a real challenge for me to get my back log knocked down.

Just focus on crossing off a game a month if you can. It really adds up over time (18 games in 2yrs for me). The nice thing about having a large backlog though is you'll be able to fall back on shorter games if you need to. & of course, starting new games means fuel for this event down the road ;)

• Like 1