Vita Battery Issues

Nitro

Hey guys,

So I've had my vita for about 4 or 5 years at this point and it's been a recent issue of my battery (when it's about 80% charge or below) to instantly drop to critical battery and for me to get the warning.

So I give it a moment and it goes back to where it was before. This happens quite frequently too, every 5 minutes or so and as you can imagine, this can get pretty annoying especially when playing Project Diva.

So I was just wondering, is there any way to solve this other than just get another vita and (possibly) without opening it up. I've tried rebuilding database.

Any help would be appreciated!! :)

Sounds like you need a new battery for it. If your not confident enough in yourself to try and replace the battery yourself then your best option would be sending it to Sony so they can have a look at it. Hopefully you've still got warranty as they should be able to replace it for free. 

That 'glitch' has been happening to me after I updated the Vita a week or so after purchase. So, I think it is a calibration issue.

I just ignore the warning message and keep playing until it actually shuts down, then charge for 3 - 4 hours.

I have barely used my vita through these years (it still smells new) but the battery issue has never been a huge problem to me while playing Uncharted and the rest of my vita games. Also, I use PS TV instead of Vita for compatible games (KZ Mercenary multiplayer, FIFA 14)

KZ Mercenary with a Dualshock 4 and ethernet connection really makes the difference in multiplayer.

I wonder if this is what has been happening to me as well? I usually run it with 0 brightness (or whatever), and under 50% volume... It just feels like it used to be charged a lot longer than it is these days.

This will sound weird, but it always just felt like games with more dialogue drained it quicker...

Thanks everyone for your responses! But unfortunately for me, looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and just open it up after work :P

Again, thanks everyone :)

4 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

He could of renewed it? 

And no, I haven't :P

I successfully fixed that problem by openning up my Vita, disconnecting the battery from the board, waiting 5 minutes (IMPORTANT) and then reconnect the battery. It's simple, just watch a video where someone opens a Vita and just watch until the battery removal to know how to properly disconnect the battery from the board. If this doesn't work, well, only then you can order a new battery, but try this first.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Katt said:

I successfully fixed that problem by openning up my Vita, disconnecting the battery from the board, waiting 5 minutes (IMPORTANT) and then reconnect the battery. 

I'll keep this in mind when I do it tonight. Thank you :)

• 4 months later...

This has plagued me for a while, but there is actually an easy solution. (Edit.: oh already posted, nvm.)

Drain the entire thing to zero until you cannot power it back. I takes a while. Then charge it for 5 hours, without ever doing anything with it (don't be tempted to play while charging). If needed, do this twice, so drain it again until it cannot turn on, and charge it for hours. 

This fixed it for me.

Edited by fbdbh