Head in the Cloud Solution (Boston/NY)

bigrake1

Yeah, this doesn't seem to be working for me.....
I've placed all my other pivots around where the problem pivot is,
Went into menu and highlighted my problem pivot on the pivot info menu,
Pressed the home button and pressed triangle to sign out,
Quit out the game and came back a few days later to find that the same pivot is still there.

2 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

@Xatranaz And when you returned to the game, you immediately highlighted the pivot?

Well.... when i return to the game I have to press the select button first then have to move it to that exact same spot to highlight the pivot. Should i wait until i highlight the pivot first before i reconnect?

• 6 months later...
On 5/21/2018 at 2:14 PM, bigrake1 said:

After two days of struggling, I was finally able to extricate the pivot (Epsilon) placed inside of a Boston house. My pivot was located inside of a building in South Boston, the same location featured in many videos posted by other fellow sufferers. (I wanted to attach a screenshot of its location, but I'm not sure how to do that on this site.) A YouTube video posted by Christoph Bast, "Pivot Epsilon Glitch in Boston," shows the location of the pivot. At any rate, this is what I did and why:

As recommended by others, I tried closely surrounding the stuck pivot with my 11 other pivots, heading to XMB, signing out of my profile, signing in again, and then quickly selecting the problem pivot in the pivot info menu to force re-sync the pivot. I tried this nearly a hundred times to no avail. Days passed, and I thought I was totally screwed until the person who placed the pivot removed it.

However, I noticed that the Boston pivot was not quite on ground level. While walking nearby on the street, the pivot was slightly greyed. When I got on top of a barrel or a street vendor's awning, the pivot turned white on the map. Though not visible to me, the pivot was not on ground level. So, I surrounded the problem pivot with my 11 other pivots by placing them in slightly elevated positions around the stuck pivot. I placed them on awnings, barrels, fences, perches, etc.: In other words, I tried to place them at roughly the same height as the glitched pivot. In short, this worked on my FIRST forced re-sync attempt with this new strategy. This is what I did:

1. I surrounded the problem pivot with my eleven pivots, but I placed them in elevated positions...on barrels, fences, awnings, perches, etc. I did not have all of the pivots on lines, as others say was required.

2. I highlighted the problem pivot in the pivot info menu.

3. I pressed the PS button on my controller, went to XMB, went to Account Management, hit triangle, signed out, waited a few seconds, signed back in, then returned to the game. I did not pull the plug on my Internet, as others say is required.

4. When I returned to the game, I immediately highlighted the problem pivot in the pivot info menu. This caused the forced re-sync. My problem pivot re-appeared in a nearby street in South Boston.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I wanted to journal my experience to provide a possible roadmap for others. So what I'm offering is a modified version of the forced re-sync method circulating in forums. I believe that the 11 surrounding pivots need to be on the same plane as the problematic pivot to force the re-sync in Boston. Given that this technique worked for me on the first attempt, I have some hopes this strategy will help others who, more than likely, inevitably find themselves faced with the Epsilon pivot inside of the South Boston home (Adams Tavern, to be precise).

This worked as of yesterday, sorry for the next player stuck with this... 

I followed the above steps, but had to wait 24 hours (it says scanned x hours ago if you highlight the Epsilon Pivot), did steps 1-4 and then it reset and Epsilon Pivot appeared in the Frontier

You can place pivots superclose if you log out with at least 1 available pivot to place and place it right after you log in again, otherwise it will say to close to place. Make sure it is on level as stated above

Big thanks to bigrake1 for taking the time to explain and help others out on this

And to the player who put the pivot there in the first place, dude WTF?! FU!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think that this is my turn to have this unreachable pivot ....

I'm currently trying to finish some PS3 games that I left and this is the time for AC3.

One pivot (Epsilon) is located inside a building that seems to be unreachable in Boston South District ...

I hope this pivot will move to another location very soon.

I've got exactly the same issue:

Edited by Nakqz

@NakqzYes, you have the Adam's Tavern pivot, unfortunately, BUT, the reason you have it is because we've successfully gotten it out of our own games, so you can probably get it out of your own as well. I think if you take the steps here and wait 24+ hours, this will eventually bounce to the next gamer (likely a hunter). You're waiting for an active game to pass this to, so it make take a bit.

If a week goes by and the pivot is still in your game, do the technique in this forum AND cut your friend list under 50. (A pain, yes, if you have many friends...)

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

@NakqzYes, you have the Adam's Tavern pivot, unfortunately, BUT, the reason you have it is because we've successfully gotten it out of our own games, so you can probably get it out of your own as well. I think if you take the steps here and wait 24+ hours, this will eventually bounce to the next gamer (likely a hunter). You're waiting for an active game to pass this to, so it make take a bit.

If a week goes by and the pivot is still in your game, do the technique in this forum AND cut your friend list under 50. (A pain, yes, if you have many friends...)

Thanks for your answer.

I've got more than 120 friends in my friendlist, so I will not remove more than half of my friendlist for this. If this is not unlocked in the next few days, I will let this game where it is and go to a next game (I don't aim for the 100% completion so I can deal with it ;)) .

• Like 1

Good news, I was able to have the last pivot and unlock the trophy!

Few days ago, I've placed all my 11 pivots on roofs around the glitched pivot.

Today, I've launched the game to see if something changed and the last pivot moved to "Frontière" (french name of the map). I was able to find and collect this pivot, and then unlock the trophy!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nakqz said:

Good news, I was able to have the last pivot and unlock the trophy!

Few days ago, I've placed all my 11 pivots on roofs around the glitched pivot.

Today, I've launched the game to see if something changed and the last pivot moved to "Frontière" (french name of the map). I was able to find and collect this pivot, and then unlock the trophy!

@Nakqz

That's great news!! I'm very happy for you. I figured you'd escape this problem with this strategy. But, as you know, you bounced that trolling pivot to someone else! I wonder if we'll soon see that person in this forum?

Edited by bigrake1

7 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

@Nakqz

That's great news!! I'm very happy for you. I figured you'd escape this problem with this strategy. But, as you know, you bounced that trolling pivot to someone else! I wonder if we'll soon see that person in this forum?

Unfortunately that's what I understand reading the messages in this topic. In my next game session, I will check if I can still place my pivots after having the 12 in easy locations for others players.

• 1 month later...

Thank you bigrake1.

I deleted some of my friend list in order to help but it's still there, 15 hours later after my last attempt of deconnection/reconnection.

I'll follow your advice and wait a few.

It's the last trophy I need to plat the base game.

Do you know if I can begin the Washington DLC or is it better to really leave the whole game 24~48 hours?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2018-07-03 at 8:58 PM, bigrake1 said:

Glad the modified technique helped! (Although the gamer who ended up with your trapped pivot in his/her game now may not be so thankful...) 1f609.png

Yo, I know it’s 2021 and everybody in this post has moved on, but I just got it after more than 24h being trapped in SW Boston’s “Adam Tavern”. I  thought I was never going to get it. Anyways, I tried this man’s technique, and extensively. Not quite sure it was just this method but added a little something I wanted to share.

I added the line as suggested but on the fence in front of the building across the street making sure the pivot was highlighted all the while. But then added four all the way around the building; kinda boxing it in on top of tents and awnings. Forced synced it, ie, xmb; sign out with triangle; back to pivot info menu; highlighted pivot; triangle to reconnect. And voila it spawned in the Frontier. 

Thank god. Now it’s in some poor souls game now as it was mine. Kinda sucks. But somebody ruined it for the rest of us. So if this is a community trophy, the last person to play this game will never plat, if I’m interpreting it correctly. If it just so happens to spawn in Boston’s SW “Adams Tavern”.

Edited by dbonjourjr476
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dbonjourjr476 said:

So if this is a community trophy, the last person to play this game with never plat, if I’m interpreting it correctly

That is correct, unfortunately....Yes, it's definitely in another person's game now.

You did what I did....

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 0:58 PM, PsychoticLight said:

I had this a few days ago, pivot Epsilon in SW Boston's Adam's Tavern. Tried following all the above recommendations (elevated pivots, XMB sign out, reconnect) but it wouldn't move. Ended up just waiting out the 24 hours and thankfully it moved to NW Frontier without further issue.

It did work. You were waiting for another game to send the pivot to. Fewer players that deep into the game means a longer wait time. It will only move by transferring to another person’s game. You were lucky you only had to wait a day at this point! Glad it’s gone from your game. 

Edited by bigrake1

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, uncharted965 said:

What a nightmare! Luckily for me it was a quick fix. I used all 5 of my pivots, signed out and back in, and it worked on the 1st try.

Hopefully the glitched pivot will end up with someone who doesn't care about trophies xD

That’s what I keep hoping for! However, I’m afraid it’s largely just the hunters who would likely get that deep in the game or ever bother with those pivots, which is why we keep trading the glitched pivot amongst ourselves in the mini-game. ?

Glad it’s out of your game. We’ll see who reports it next!!

Edited by bigrake1

• 8 months later...
On 11-9-2021 at 8:07 PM, bigrake1 said:

That’s what I keep hoping for! However, I’m afraid it’s largely just the hunters who would likely get that deep in the game or ever bother with those pivots, which is why we keep trading the glitched pivot amongst ourselves in the mini-game. ?

Glad it’s out of your game. We’ll see who reports it next!!

Well now its my turn. But some weird things has happened and I got a question how I can check if it worked or not.

- First of all, I got all my pivots except the glitched tavern one. The first time I tried to do this exploit (following the guide in the OP), 4 of my 11 pivots has seemingly respawned for some reason.

- When I disconnect to the server I stay in the game as instructed. But I get error code more often then not  8002A513. Though I do succeed in the end

- In the end I did succeed in disconnecting and reconnecting a few times. But I do wonder how I can see if the exploit succeeded or not. From everything I gather in this thread the only thing I can do is check a few times this week wether or not it resetted the pivot... Currently it still says its in boston.

I will edit this post wether or not this succeeded for me..