The Last of Us Part II will have multiplayer

1 hour ago, ForgerX said:

Wouldn't expect less from ND, the multiplayer mode of the first game was absolutely amazing, very focused on strategy and would allow players to try tons of different approaches(stealth,melee,range, even support). The settings were also great, as well as the voice acting(I use a lot of that "Nice!" and "Burn asshole!" IRL).

I'd only change some balacing, mostly nerfing the Hunter Rifle, the modded 2x4 and including a craftable mask to avid being stunned by smoke bombs(heck, they had a mask on the campaign, no idea why couldn't they put it on MP).

Anyway, definitely the best MP mode I've played, really unique, and I'm sure Naughty Dog will only upgrade the experience

I think the strategy aspect of the game was the best part. I played around with the different types of weapons until I found something I liked. Then, when they added the dlc weapons, I turned my close-quarters shotgunner into more of a support class to help the DLC users on my team. I would sometimes have the most points and not get a single kill because all I did was heal and revive.

Great to hear. I didn't dive into the MP for the first game until a year after release and I loved going after the Hunter and Firefly trophies.

Good news. The multiplayer in first TLOU is probably my most played multiplayer game ever. I played it hundreds of hours even after getting the Platinum. Hopefully Naughty Dog doesn't change stuff too much.

Well, I wanted to play the first game but hate multiplayer! So, thanks again I will pass on this title now thanks ND.... YEs it seems like a nonissue for people but I hate multiplayer!!! wanted to play this but I will pass for good now!!! 

Edited by Titanomachy_75

unpopular opinion apparently : I tend to prefer most mp over sp but I really did not like the style of tlou mp....I recognize that it's just not for me...hopefully they don't follow their uncharted 4 mp strategy and add a potential pay to win aspect as well...

i have mixed feelings about this game as, on one hand, I didn't really enjoy much of the first one (sp or mp)...on the other hand, I always feel I need to keep an open mind and try out new games...perhaps I'll actually check out a few footage vids before deciding whether or not to get this one...

Edited by ProfBambam55

On 13.6.2018 at 2:37 PM, HardXDXtraga said:

Hope it's as good as the first one, factions aside it was the most enjoyable mp I've ever played!

^This!

TLOU's MP was until now the only MP that I've ever really enjoyed.

Gladly played it and all the DLC's on PS3 & PS4.

Can't wait to do the same with TLOU2 on PS4 (& possibly Remaster for PS5 :P )

• Like 1

Hope they'll keep the multiplayer trophies to a minimum like they did Uncharted. Getting the mp trophies in the first was quite the chore, especially when you wind up in a lobby full of high-level vets with all the good perks. That and getting a boosting group going was a pain in the first place.

2 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Well, I wanted to play the first game but hate multiplayer! So, thanks again I will pass on this title now thanks ND.... YEs it seems like a nonissue for people but I hate multiplayer!!! wanted to play this but I will pass for good now!!! 

You realize no-one's forcing you to play the MP, right? You can just play the story and leave it at that?

16 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

You realize no-one's forcing you to play the MP, right? You can just play the story and leave it at that?

I understand that but to get platinum you have to get the MP trophies so I will skip ... Saying that I hope they release the game with no MP trophies tied in the plat! :) Then I will get FURSURE :)

Edited by Titanomachy_75