The Last of Us Part II will have multiplayer

The Last of Us was one of the last games that I actually genuinely enjoyed the multiplayer. I don't see how the MP trophies were a grind as some have mentioned. You pretty much just had to play through both journeys without worrying about anything else and in all it takes, what, 20 hours or so? Maybe that's a long time if you didn't like the MP I guess.

• Like 1

I loved the multiplayer in the first one and even would go as far as to say it was the best multiplayer experience I ever had, so I didn't mind the grind at all and did it again for fun twice. I wouldn't care if it was the same thing for this one.

Though, I continued to play even after my plat, I felt like it was too unbalanced after the DLC weapons were added. I could still get the points to survive, but I felt like the silenced Spectre was just so OP in particular. I liked to make gifts for my friends, but I had to start using everything on Molotov cocktails to kill anyone and not get dominated by a team of DLC users.

Hopefully, they keep it balanced better this time around. 

Loved the multiplayer in TLOU and still play it to this day, at week 558 last i checked. Would love more of the same, and like an earlier poster said, grindier trophies wouldnt be a problem if its more of the same.

27 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I loved the multiplayer in the first one and even would go as far as to say it was the best multiplayer experience I ever had, so I didn't mind the grind at all and did it again for fun twice. I wouldn't care if it was the same thing for this one.

Though, I continued to play even after my plat, I felt like it was too unbalanced after the DLC weapons were added. I could still get the points to survive, but I felt like the silenced Spectre was just so OP in particular. I liked to make gifts for my friends, but I had to start using everything on Molotov cocktails to kill anyone and not get dominated by a team of DLC users.

Hopefully, they keep it balanced better this time around. 

Agreed, some of the DLC weapons were a tad over the top. Tactical shotgun is supposed to be mid ranged yet is almost like a sniper rifle for distance and damage. I think actually the worst DLC was adding covert training, gave to much advantage to the user and hardly any negatives. They were practically ghosts.

• Like 1

Wouldn't expect less from ND, the multiplayer mode of the first game was absolutely amazing, very focused on strategy and would allow players to try tons of different approaches(stealth,melee,range, even support). The settings were also great, as well as the voice acting(I use a lot of that "Nice!" and "Burn asshole!" IRL).

I'd only change some balacing, mostly nerfing the Hunter Rifle, the modded 2x4 and including a craftable mask to avid being stunned by smoke bombs(heck, they had a mask on the campaign, no idea why couldn't they put it on MP).

Anyway, definitely the best MP mode I've played, really unique, and I'm sure Naughty Dog will only upgrade the experience

• Like 2

Awesome news for me! I actually liked the trophies but I can understand why someone who didn’t enjoy the mp wouldn’t. I preferred them to ones that require you to do really specific kills, etc. If you get the game it’s probably better to start the multiplayer as soon as you can before people start getting really good.

Gonna have a lot of fun watching people teabag over my corpse.

5 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

Awesome news for me! I actually liked the trophies but I can understand why someone who didn’t enjoy the mp wouldn’t. I preferred them to ones that require you to do really specific kills, etc. If you get the game it’s probably better to start the multiplayer as soon as you can before people start getting really good.

Gonna have a lot of fun watching people teabag over my corpse.

The teabagging in TLOU looks like someones taking a shit on your face.?