Your First PS4 Game?

Nexuds121

Technically, the first PS4 game I played was Knack, borrowing my mom's console and copy of the game. I played it well before I had a PS4 game of my own... just not for very long until several years later.

The actual first PlayStation 4 game I owned for myself was Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, which I recieved as a Christmas gift in 2019.

I joined the game late but finally got a PS4 in December 2016 (after mostly playing on PC & Wii U) to play Bloodborne and Final Fantasy 15.

I technically played Bloodborne first, but while testing out other games, Rachet & Clank popped my first trophy.

Skipped the PS3 generation because of price and had no idea what trophies were back then. 

Edited by JIMMOTHYY

Infamous Second Son. I bought it on a whim because I was waiting for Last of Us Remastered at the time and there was nothing to play on the PS4 since backwards compatibility wasn't a thing. Reviews said it was mediocre but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It was just a fun, superhero open world game that put on no airs and graces. This was back before I cared about trophies and microtransactions and broken launches were less prevalent. Gaming was way more fun as a result.

• 2 months later...

In 2016, I used my tax refund to get my first (and only) PS4, and I got these games as well:

• Ratchet & Clank (2016) (Unlike everybody else, I saw the movie first, and then waited months later to play this because I didn't own a PS4 yet)
  • LEGO Dimensions
  • Grand Theft Auto V
Edited by unkind-tear4
  • Like 1

It was The Playroom, but wasn't that like a freebie game that came with it? Never finished it. Then Contrast which I believe was also a freebie game. In terms of games I had to buy it was Assassin's Creed Black Flag. Never finished any of them. I do still have the AC Black Flag game, I should beat the backlog on it some time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got my PS4 for Christmas of 2016. There were several games I got as well. Six games I think? I do remember Dark Souls 3 Bloodborne, Fallout 4, Killzone: Shadowfall, and Alien: Isolation being among them. So you would think I'd jump into one of those, but no. The first game I loaded up was Godzilla. I played it from the moment I hooked the system up all the way until I went to bed before work the next morning. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Trove, its a long story but i had gotten a PS4 and had to wait a while till i get any games for it and thought i would play a free game in the meantime and Trove seemed like a fine game so i went for it. 
It would be my first game on the PS4 i owned tho, before that i played a lot of Rainbow six Siege on my cousins PS4.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it was Skyrim and also the first game I decided to platinum on the console. Think that was back in 2020 just before the PS5, didn't really play the older ones before then. Most of my games were on PC and Nintendo consoles back before 2020.

I remember the PS4 launch. Came out on a Friday the day before my birthday. I took the day off and woke up like a kid at Christmas waiting for my PS4 to arrive. First game I played was Killzone. Also got AC4 Blackflag and Need for Speed Rivals. Rivals was I believe my first PS4 platinum.