100% completions OR platinum

I don't think the platinum is really anything that special unless it has nice art or makes for a good franchise set. It's definitely more about completion, which also often happens to give platinum. However this isn't a problem I have with all that many games. Actually it's only Assassin's Creed games and FF XV, which I've been slowly chipping away at. There also aren't that many 100%'s without platinum that I play, but the satisfaction I gain is about the same. Usually they tend to be smaller games in my profile, but I know there are some exceptions.

Not saying plat is trash, I'll certainly take it. However my hunt is for all trophies, not just platinums.

• Like 1

For me it’s not about trophies. It boils down to 3 questions:

1.) Do I want to shell out $60 for this game or wait?

2.) Will I enjoy this game? 

3.) Will I like the game enough to hunt for the platinum?

if I answer yes, then I hunt for the platinum. If no, I’ll just beat the game, sell it off and move onto the next one. Simple. 

I rarely buy DLC unless it's a big discount and story DLC. I don't care for spending money on some extra maps to play on or extra characters to play with just for some trophies. A Plat is good enough for me as long as the trophy list doesn't get in the way of having fun in the game. I feel sometimes good games have a bad reputation in the trophy hunters community because they have a bad list.

1 hour ago, kidson2004 said:

3.) Will I like the game enough to hunt for the platinum? 

? I always find interesting when people say something like that, like, because I love a game that means that I can get the platinum.

Well maybe it's because I'm old, but whatever I like a game or not it's about I'm skillful enough to get the platinum, especially those with many challenges,  difficulties, even permadeath.

If all platinums would be just about grind I'd get the Because I love it I got the platinum, you really need love to persevere and get those grindy platinums. ?

2 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

1f601.png I always find interesting when people say something like that, like, because I love a game that means that I can get the platinum.

Well maybe it's because I'm old, but whatever I like a game or not it's about I'm skillful enough to get the platinum, especially those with many challenges,  difficulties, even permadeath.

If all platinums would be just about grind I'd get the Because I love it I got the platinum, you really need love to persevere and get those grindy platinums. 1f605.png

I have the skill to get the plat as well. I’ve reached a point where I’m thinking of time differently. Plus, can always pick up the game much cheaper down the line lol 

1 hour ago, kidson2004 said:

I have the skill to get the plat as well. I’ve reached a point where I’m thinking of time differently. Plus, can always pick up the game much cheaper down the line lol 

Sure, time and money are the biggest limitations for our hobbies.

Have a good hunting ☺

• 2 weeks later...

never will have a 100% profile as it hasn't been until the last few years that i've taken notice of profiles from this site and all of its numbers. however because of this site and those numbers, i try to get versions of games that will include all of its trophies. i've got a streak going right now that has lasted a little over a year with platinums and 100%'s, i don't want my profile percentage falling any lower. but also want to keep going with having more anime and japanese plats. than western ones. i'm only at 78% completion rate, and don't see myself playing really many of the games that i tacked on my profile over the years due to absolutely no interest in them. 

a lot of OCD with this lol. 

I prefer the complete package. Going for the platinum just means you’ve fulfilled the base game. 

I understand there are a lot more people who just go for the platinum and move on with their lives. I could do the same, but I like to be one of a select few who goes after the DLC, which a majority of people skip because for most DLC you have to pay money. 

These days it’s just far too easy to be caught up in a Flash Sale, and I see people with several hundred games that they will never finish for the simple fact that they just don’t have the time. Much of my backlog are games I bought in a sale, so already that’s over 100 games that will definitely take me an entire year if not a couple years to finally complete.

• 5 years later...

Platinum, completionist requires you to buy every DLC for a game you started meaning you can't play certain games as it's a constant loop of returning to the game clean up, leave, new DLC trophies, clean up again. 

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto