PS4 Launch Lineup Strongest Yet

Chambers35

The PlayStation 4 will have the strongest software launch lineup in PlayStation history. That's according to lead system architect Mark Cerny, who told Gamasutra that this is the result of developers being familiar with the system's PC-based architecture.

“The launch lineup for PlayStation 4, though I unfortunately can’t give the title count, is going to be stronger than any prior PlayStation hardware. And that’s a result of that familiarity.”

Previously confirmed PS4 launch titles include Killzone: Shadow FallWatch DogsDriveClub, and Knack.

Source

Well this gets me even more excited for the PS4 :D

Honestly, that really isn't saying much. I'm not trying to take away from the fact that the PS4 launch looks incredible but Sony hasn't really ever blown anyone away with their previous launch titles.

Also, am I the only one a little disappointed by no Ridge Racer at launch? It has practically become PlayStation tradition and I have to admit I'm a little saddened by the fact that there hasn't been an announcement. I wouldn't buy the game but dammit I want the option to. :lol:

Parker

• Like 2

Bit of a weak launch lineup, I expected a bit more from the PS4 for launch lineup

They haven't released the full launch lineup yet, those are just 4 of the confirmed games for launch. We have no idea how many more or what other games will be available on launch day.

Parker

“The launch lineup for PlayStation 4, though I unfortunately can’t give the title count, is going to be stronger than any prior PlayStation hardware. And that’s a result of that familiarity.”

All I can think when I read this is "duh" , of course will be the strongest launch lineup of any Playstation Hardware, never before gaming had such importance or notoriety in worldwide terms. 10, 20 Years ago the gaming industry haven´t had a fraction of that notoriety, it was just a unsure new market.   

Also, am I the only one a little disappointed by no Ridge Racer at launch? It has practically become PlayStation tradition and I have to admit I'm a little saddened by the fact that there hasn't been an announcement. I wouldn't buy the game but dammit I want the option to. :lol:

Yeah bang on the money with that one mate.  We need a Ridge Racer at launch.  Hell I would buy it;p

...am I the only one a little disappointed by no Ridge Racer at launch? It has practically become PlayStation tradition and I have to admit I'm a little saddened by the fact that there hasn't been an announcement. I wouldn't buy the game but dammit I want the option to. :lol:

Parker

Yeah bang on the money with that one mate.  We need a Ridge Racer at launch.  Hell I would buy it;p

I agree. Its not a playstation launch without Riiiidge Raaaacer!

First playstation games - Tekken and Ridge Racer, oddly it thing my very last PSOne disk game bought was Ridge Racer 4...

First PS2 Games - Rigdge Racer 5 and ..... a couple of others - PS2 launch was shite tho - SSX was a couple of weeks after launch

First PS3 games - Ridge Racer - because it was tradition at that point. Game was poor tho.

First PS4 Game........