The Last of Us Part II: Possible Release Date

Carol

That would be great.

I'll take a wild guess and say June 14, 2019 (same date/month as the first game)

Edited by Ghost

• 2 months later...

Considering Days Gone is releasing in Feburary and that it’s apparently going to be playable “way before The Last of Us 2“, I would say this March release date isn’t likely. I’m sure we’ll be getting our hands on The Last of Us 2 around September to November of 2019 (if not 2020). October would be a sweet spot since it’s the Halloween season too.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

Just gonna throw something crazy out there...

The Last of Us came out on Friday, June 14th, 2013. June 14th, 2019 is also a Friday. Sony usually releases their big games on Fridays, so what if they release it on June 14th, six years to the day of the first game's release...

Going off of my previous post in here, as June still doesn't seem "way after" February. At this point who knows, but like you, I'm just throwing my thoughts out there. Whatever happens, surely we'll be getting concrete information at E3 '19.

4 hours ago, ddracarys said:

Going off of my previous post in here, as June still doesn't seem "way after" February. At this point who knows, but like you, I'm just throwing my thoughts out there. Whatever happens, surely we'll be getting concrete information at E3 '19.

Yeah, I'm really just having fun. Based on the last few Naughty Dog games, I've been assuming it'll be a summer title, and the scenario I set up just seems like a fun opportunity. I don't really expect it to happen, and I'll gladly wait for as long as I need to, but if it does, I called it first.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 1

With no PSX this year, I expect to not hear anything substantial about the game until E3 next year with a release in 2020.

Next year I expect Days Gone, Dreams and Death Stranding with The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima being Sony's great finale of PS4.

You are on to something @BlitZeR_95

Edited by soniq
  • Like 1

On 19/07/2018 at 9:47 PM, BlitZeR_95 said:

The Last of Us - At the end of PS3 generation

The Last of Us Part II - At the end of PS4 generation

The Last of Us Part III - At the end of PS5 generation

Which brings us to the next prediction:

- The Last of Us Part II Remastered: At the beginning of PS5 generation

The Last of Us Part III Remastered: At the beginning of PS6 generation

?

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

I just bought TLOU a few days ago for $8 (outbreak day).

Any tips before I jump in?

Do a blind playthrough, without worrying about trophies and without disturbances in your environment. TLOU is a masterpiece of divine inspiration and a very emotional experience, that will stay with you forever. Enjoy!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

Yeah, ridiculous expectations ruin video game experiences so don't come in thinking it's the be all end all of humanity. There's nothing worse than setting so high expectations, that nothing can deliver. Try to enjoy it in your own way it really is a great game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dokkanexpert said:

And whatever you do, dont go look up a walkthrough.

You'll have to beat the game twice anyways, enjoy the game ?

1 hour ago, Carol said:

People, you break my heart, when you say 2020. :(

What about everyones xd! I want the game now! But i'd rather have a polished game then a messed up/rushed game, besides this year there are some quality games to keep you busy ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

I’m all in for the blind playthrough, but I do also recommend following a collectable guide for your first playthrough. At least that way you won’t have to worry about them in your later playthroughs.