Some Purple Lizard

grimydawg___

Join?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Join?

15 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

Don't think I'll win but since it seems fun I'll join. Just have one question, since you mention it starts midnight (EST time) does that mean the contest already started or does it start midnight today?

Started about 7 hours ago.

6 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

OK, I had this one ready for when this started:

Yakuza 0 (PS4)

:gold:Stuff of Legend

20Lf48b75.png

:platinum:Where It All Began ( 2.84% Rarity )

1L865212.png

Your trophies will be counted in due time.  Standings will be posted as the contest progresses

So I plat Heavy Rain last night but noticed something I'm a little confused by. When I checked the trophy on the network it says its ultra rare at like 1.8 or something but on this site it just says very rare at 8.something. Was kind of wondering where the difference was coming from and which ones are counted, figure I know the reason but thought I'd ask.

1 hour ago, Willreaper41 said:

So I plat Heavy Rain last night but noticed something I'm a little confused by. When I checked the trophy on the network it says its ultra rare at like 1.8 or something but on this site it just says very rare at 8.something. Was kind of wondering where the difference was coming from and which ones are counted, figure I know the reason but thought I'd ask.

The rarity shown on PSN is based on everyone that has played the game and has synced their trophy collection whilst the rarity on here is only based on the people that are registered on this site and have played the game (a lower selection pool) hence the difference, this applies to every trophy.

Edited by Martain2

1 hour ago, Willreaper41 said:

I'll add onto what the user above said - the rarity from this website is what counts. Most people don't take Sony's percentages too seriously since they make most trophies extremely "rare".

Thanks for the update. Looks like I've got the rarest plat so far. I like that this has given me some motivation to finish off some of my hard plats, so thanks for that.

Looks like I need to pick up my game a bit more if I want that cute purple lizard though :)

1 minute ago, Kapika96 said:

Thanks for the update. Looks like I've got the rarest plat so far. I like that this has given me some motivation to finish off some of my hard plats, so thanks for that.

Looks like I need to pick up my game a bit more if I want that cute purple lizard though :)

That's what I'm trying to do; to have people challenge themselves and/or to help them get a free game because some folks can't get games on launch dates and stuff.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Willreaper, that's a nice plat right there.

Didn't even notice there was an update last week, that's quite the gap between me and 1st place though. hmm, I've got a couple of ultra rares that are nearly done so hopefully I can bridge that gap soon!

And I've got the rarest plat so far again with NHL 18's 0.92% :)

So glad to finally have that one finished up. If it wasn't for this giveaway I probably wouldn't have got back to it and I believe some of the trophies are unobtainable now so I never would have got it. So yeah, thanks for the motivation Grimy! :)

15 minutes ago, Kapika96 said:

And I've got the rarest plat so far again with NHL 18's 0.92% :)

So glad to finally have that one finished up. If it wasn't for this giveaway I probably wouldn't have got back to it and I believe some of the trophies are unobtainable now so I never would have got it. So yeah, thanks for the motivation Grimy! :)

giphy.gif

Watch yourself cuz I'll be back.

• Like 1

I joined this back in July but forgot about it due to school starting and taking breaks from the internet as a mental health boost periodically, am I still able to participate? because I'm looking forward to be in my first tournament on this website and meet some cool people on the way!

29 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

giphy.gif

Watch yourself cuz I'll be back.

I don't know what show this is but I really like anything medieval and the thought of some king giving props to another person while having sinister thoughts of taking their thrown or having the better army made me smile when I saw this reply, it was a cool gif to see and I just wanted to give credit because it was cool :)