Boosting Tip + School Codes (Big Update)

Septomor

6 minutes ago, Septomor said:

Hey all, 

The guide on the site is pretty good, but there are some things that I think will help others who are new to the game or for those wanting to get the trophies a bit faster overall.

You could post a link to this on the Guide's comment page, or better yet, ask the writer to join as a contributor and add this to the guide. That way all the information is kept in one place.

• Like 1

1. Go to an altar -> social -> online options, and switch world matchmaking to invitations
  2. Invite other player to join, this will put you on a private match with just each other
  3. (Optional) Meet up with each other at an altar to make this easier
  4. Both go to kneel at an altar and go to combat trials
  5. As soon as either one selects to start, you'll automatically be kicked from the private game and be sent to another server, this gives a visual cue to the other player as your body disappears. As soon as their body disappears, the other player starts the trial as well

I am trying this with another boosting partner right now and it doesnt work.... used step 1 to 4 but at step 5 after I press start and leave the private match, my body and his do not vanish until finding an oponnent wich after that happens its already too late...

1 minute ago, shadowking_tp000 said:

I am trying this with another boosting partner right now and it doesnt work.... used step 1 to 4 but at step 5 after I press start and leave the private match, my body and his do not vanish until finding an oponnent wich after that happens its already too late...

I tried it a bunch this morning, if you are both the only ones in the world, then maybe there is something more to it. My partner and I live only about 500 miles away, that may also be a factor. Would you like me to try with you guys? You can send me a pm on PSN: septomor

Thanks for putting this all together! Quick question since I'm still a noob at this game. Is learning moves (i.e. through blocking/absorbing/dodging, etc) the same as mastering them (i.e. joining a school and using them as described above)? The whole learning aspect in this game is a tad confusing to me.

2 minutes ago, Aeir_ said:

Thanks for putting this all together! Quick question since I'm still a noob at this game. Is learning moves (i.e. through blocking/absorbing/dodging, etc) the same as mastering them (i.e. joining a school and using them as described above)? The whole learning aspect in this game is a tad confusing to me.

Yes, you learn moves by using them or defending or dodging them! The game doesn't really tell you you can learn through using the moves, but it does work! 

4 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

This is a very handy information 1f601.png I will make sure to include that to the guide (and some additional information) as soon as I can.

Well done @Septomor!

Hey awesome :) I hope it's all workable

• Like 1

Mentor: Shadowking_tp000

School ID: #2WR

Style: Forsaken

Bare Hand Moves:

Ankle Stamp

Back Hop Wrist

Slap Kick

Calbot

Back Fist

Hadrunken

Double Spike Kick

Side Kick

Jackhammer Punch

Hammer Kick

Elbow Stumble

Spiral Palm

Fast Elbow

Drunken Smash

Drunk Crane

Axe Kick

Sword Moves:

Reverse Feet Thrust

Reverse Sharp Slash

Thunder Slash

Reverse Rising Slash

Side Wind Thrust

Buchinmo

Parry Reverse Low Slash

Puropera Cut

Drop Slash

Mill Slash

Obvious Slash

Forward Lean Slash

Stumble Slash

Reverse Twist Slash

Ram Thrust

Spiral Slash

Sorry for the long post but I hope I could be of use ;)

Cheers and happy grinding

Edited by shadowking_tp000
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, shadowking_tp000 said:

Mentor: Shadowking_tp000

School ID: #2WR

Style: Forsaken

Sorry for the long post but I hope I could be of use ;)

Cheers and happy grinding

Wow wow wow :o thank you so much! With this it's possible to learn every move with 12 schools! Thank you sooo much!

How do I learn the sword moves from schools? I can't seem to change the deck. I can select the sword but I don't see any different moves. And the deck isn't filled with sword attacks.
I joined Shadowking_tp000's school. Am I missing something in learning the sword moves?
Thank you for including calbot. 

And Septomor thank you for this guide to the schools. Makes learning the moves faster. I can just attack in stead of blocking and don't need to find special enemies.

On 7/23/2018 at 5:07 AM, Septomor said:

Boosting

One of the issues with boosting is being able to easily match with your partner. Since you can't invite a friend to the combat trial directly (you can but you don't gain xp), we need a little workaround. Luckily it's very possible with just a few steps.

**For now, it appears to be possibly country-locked, but confirmed region-locked**

1.  Go to an altar -> social -> online options, and switch world matchmaking to invitations
  2. Invite other player to join, this will put you on a private match with just each other
  3. (Optional) Meet up with each other at an altar to make this easier
  4. Both go to kneel at an altar and go to combat trials
  5. As soon as either one selects to start, you'll automatically be kicked from the private game and be sent to another server

And that's all! You and your partner should appear in a public match ready to boost each other

I had troubling getting this to work with a friend as well. We are both located in the US, around 1000 miles from each other. Not sure how Absolver's servers are divided; is it possible we are in different regions? Also, we were a bit confused on the last step. Both of us need to launch the combat trials, do we not? 

10 minutes ago, Aeir_ said:

I had troubling getting this to work with a friend as well. We are both located in the US, around 1000 miles from each other. Not sure how Absolver's servers are divided; is it possible we are in different regions? Also, we were a bit confused on the last step. Both of us need to launch the combat trials, do we not? 

You're right, sorry I had to edit it a bit yesterday and left out that part. I think it maybe searches based on ping, whenever I can find new boosting partners to test it out more, that would be best, but for my first partner, we got it at least 10 times in a row, so I'll have to see about it. If anyone wants to help me confirm it or try it out, I'm in the US and my PSN is septomor.

• Like 1

#ERB - 25/96 Bare-Hand - 9/62 Sword

This is the first school. You mention that if you complete that school you have learned 25 bare handed moves. But I only see 16 moves. Or is it like learning sword attacks you have to play some combat trails to unlock the option to alter a schools deck? (if that is even possible)

3 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

#ERB - 25/96 Bare-Hand - 9/62 Sword

This is the first school. You mention that if you complete that school you have learned 25 bare handed moves. But I only see 16 moves. Or is it like learning sword attacks you have to play some combat trails to unlock the option to alter a schools deck? (if that is even possible)

It shows up having 25 moves for me, 12 of them are in the 3rd stance alone. Maybe it's because I'm Kahlt and it is a Kahlt school? I do not know. 

Only the school's owner (Mentor) may change the deck at any time.

Edited by Septomor

6 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I'm Kahlt as well. But if you can't change the deck of a school. You can only learn 16 moves as that is de maximum moves you can slot. Or am I missing something

Ah I see what you mean now. The extra cards are in the War-Gloves deck for that school. But, the moves are very common in the other schools, so they are present in the normal decks throughout.

• Like 1