It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Vowels may also be my problem. I got my Y last night, but that's like a part-time vowel.

Well, sorry, Y, but I like vowels that can commit!

LYB. We'll go with LYB for now.

Hey thats stereotyping. Dont blame all Y’s just because a few were disappointing. Y is very useful. 

Here are some more options. These are the most common to spell in letter quest and are in the guide.

dry, fly, fry, cry, pry, gym, shy, sky, sly, spy, try, why, hymn, lynx, myrrh, myth, wyrm, crypt, flyby, gypsy, lynch, nymph, pygmy, rhythm, tryst and syzygy

On 24/08/2018 at 1:14 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

Hey guys, is it already too late... ah damn it. :(

I was going to switch back to Disgaea 5 but I got the plat before I could do so. I should have done it beforehnad. Looks like I have to get back to work on Dark Cloud! Don't worry it's not too hard. :P

You don't need to announce games for them to count, all plats earned from the event start until the event finish count. So your Disagaea 5 plat counts for your D, don't worry :)

Also everyone is updated again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kristycism said:

You don't need to announce games for them to count, all plats earned from the event start until the event finish count. So your Disagaea 5 plat counts for your D, don't worry :)

1mauxb.jpg

Thank goodness for that! Well, you did list letters and not really make a list. That's good because I just platinumed another game started with D (Day of the Tentacle Remastered) and I just realized I had forgotten to put that down. Not that I hate Dark Cloud, I do intend to enjoy every minute of it, but I'm glad that you changed the update again. Initially Disgaea 5 was my choice and I only changed it because I swore I'd never get the platinum in time. I war wrong. :P

Thanks again. Now it's time to focus on the other five letters in the word because I expanded I got my initial word done so fast.

OK an insane amount of apologies to everyone. I have been working 12 hour days at my job and then when I come home I am playing Motorstorm Apocalypse as I wanted the online done before the servers shut down in a couple of days. In my spare time between work, sleep, eating and grinding the online I have also been trying to maintain my yard as the guy that cut my 3 trees down didn't bother cleaning up the mess so that was a couple of days work.

Anyways I am back and I wanted to say a huge thank you to @Kristycism for maintaining some balance while life was exploding around me :).

So to answer a couple of questions I saw, Brags is a real word...it means to boast about something so that is cool.

As for the different time zones. I just figured CST would be best so everyone is starting at the same time and ending at the same time. To be honest I didn't know if it mattered too much as this isn't a contest with points and there is enough time (a month and a half) to plat the games. I mean if someone platted a game a couple of hours after the event ended...I don't think anyone would rage to hard against that person. 

So I guess the best I can say is just finish by midnight your time on the 30th and let us all just have fun :)

Congrats to everyone on the plats so far. I myself have just gotten 2 

Swapquest and Adam's Venture Origins (both of which are terrible games) but at least I am making great progress with Motorstorm Apocalypse with the online now being done.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I have also been trying to maintain my yard as the guy that cut my 3 trees down didn't bother cleaning up the mess so that was a couple of days work.

Would you like my dad to come over and clear the yard for you? If you can pay for the plane trip to your house, I think we could work something out. xD

Sorry, I had to toot my horn there. My father really is a great man when it comes to yard maintenance. He's been trying to kill all those weeds sprouting up in my little back yard for so long. Sorry about your yard and the guy not towing away those trees he cut down.

Since you may be out of the loop, I expanded my word to 11 letters because I got all of my original word finished pretty quickly and I have more games I'd like to delete so it made sense. Again, most of the games will take about 10 or less hours to complete so it's not a big deal. The only hard game will probably be Oceanhorn since I have to deal with the blasted Ghost Fish again. :(

22 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Would you like my dad to come over and clear the yard for you? If you can pay for the plane trip to your house, I think we could work something out. xD

Sorry, I had to toot my horn there. My father really is a great man when it comes to yard maintenance. He's been trying to kill all those weeds sprouting up in my little back yard for so long. Sorry about your yard and the guy not towing away those trees he cut down.

Since you may be out of the loop, I expanded my word to 11 letters because I got all of my original word finished pretty quickly and I have more games I'd like to delete so it made sense. Again, most of the games will take about 10 or less hours to complete so it's not a big deal. The only hard game will probably be Oceanhorn since I have to deal with the blasted Ghost Fish again. :(

Thanks for the aid but it is all cut up and given away. 

I got a great deal on getting them all down but the guy was my mom's neighbour and is kind of a lazy mother fucker. The worst part is he demanded the money before even finishing the job and like a sap I gave it to him. Like I said I saved almost a $1000 going with him (that isn't a joke) so a little extra work isn't the worst. The main problem is I fucked up my shoulder because I was stupid in how I transported all that wood around (I was doing it fast instead of correct). 

Anyways awesome job on the plats. I have just started Yakuza Dead Souls for my Y plat (as well as my Y Ultra Rare Plat).

5th letter: "H" from Horizon Zero Dawn. Great game by the way. ^_^ 

S0b6750.png

Well that gives me a 5-letter word (Champ), so I'm happy with that for now. :P I'll keep posting what I earn though, maybe I'll be able to make something even longer before it ends. xD & nobody recommend the word "champion", because I don't have any "I" games left (if I did, I would've spelled anime). ? I just had to play all my Infamous games a couple years back, didn't I? teN51sy.gif

4 hours ago, Masamune said:

S0b6750.png

Well that gives me a 5-letter word (Champ), so I'm happy with that for now. :P I'll keep posting what I earn though, maybe I'll be able to make something even longer before it ends. xD & nobody recommend the word "champion", because I don't have any "I" games left (if I did, I would've spelled anime). 1f622.png I just had to play all my Infamous games a couple years back, didn't I? teN51sy.gif

There's always Icey and and Ico, or you got those 2 too? (I was also working on my way around the "I" because I too already have all inFamous plats.. 

As for my progress, I'm at the 4th book I Odin Sphere, and it kind of gets boring with all the reused assets.. I plan to finish at least the 5th book today, but I have been missing all hidden skills so far.. I didn't wanted to look up info on that until I finish the game, so I will have a lot of backtrack to do.. 

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

There's always Icey and and Ico, or you got those 2 too? (I was also working on my way around the "I" because I too already have all inFamous plats.. 

Nah, I don't have either of those. But I'd rather stick to what I have on my backlog to trim it down, not add more stuff to it. :P 

If I was desperate enough to get another "I" game... it'd probably be "I Am Setsuna", that's the only one that really peaked my interest. :hmm: 

7 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Nah, I don't have either of those. But I'd rather stick to what I have on my backlog to trim it down, not add more stuff to it. :P 

If I was desperate enough to get another "I" game... it'd probably be "I Am Setsuna", that's the only one that really peaked my interest. :hmm: 

OK, seams like I keep forgetting that one.. And that one is always at 40€ on the EU PSN, so quite expensive too.. 

11 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, seams like I keep forgetting that one.. And that one is always at 40€ on the EU PSN, so quite expensive too.. 

Wow, that's more expensive than I thought it'd be, that game has been out for a couple years, hasn't it? :hmm: I should've gotten it the last time I seen it on sale (I thought I seen it like 70% off once, in the US store at least). :blink:

13 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Wow, that's more expensive than I thought it'd be, that game has been out for a couple years, hasn't it? :hmm: I should've gotten it the last time I seen it on sale (I thought I seen it like 70% off once, in the US store at least). :blink:

Ya, was out in 2016, and the cheapest it was on EU was at 19.99€ in several sales (last was in June). It appears somewhat frequently on sales, but always just 50% or less.. If it gets under 15€, I will get it. 

Couple of titles towards the scrabble tiles...

Word Search by POWGI

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland

Neither one applies to getting MAYUS for the bonus badge but I've almost gotten through Until Dawn which will start me on the way.

Current scrabble tiles

Spoiler

H 

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 4:13 AM, Masamune said:

S0b6750.png

Well that gives me a 5-letter word (Champ), so I'm happy with that for now. :P I'll keep posting what I earn though, maybe I'll be able to make something even longer before it ends. xD & nobody recommend the word "champion", because I don't have any "I" games left (if I did, I would've spelled anime). ? I just had to play all my Infamous games a couple years back, didn't I? teN51sy.gif

There's always "I Am Bread" :awesome: .

Everyone is now up to date again!

@Dragon-Archon the boss wasn't entirely clear (I like yes/no answers) but since he was fine with a few hours after the deadline, I'm gonna assume a few hours before is fine too, so I added your Ratchet & Clank plat :)

On 26/08/2018 at 3:13 AM, Masamune said:

What about "Champagne"? :D To celebrate you completing the event? :P

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

@Dragon-Archon the boss wasn't entirely clear (I like yes/no answers) but since he was fine with a few hours after the deadline, I'm gonna assume a few hours before is fine too, so I added your Ratchet & Clank plat :)

Awesome, thanks :D . Captain Qwark (member of Mayus' Trinity of Green) approves.

Well, seems like I missed the update, but nonetheless, I got myself a new vowel a few minutes ago with It's Quiz Time.

Kinda disappointing quiz game overall. The selection of different game modes is nice and the fact that you are able to skip most of the yadda-yadda (unlike in Knowledge is Power :shakefist:  ) but most of the questions feel quite similar (having 5+ "how old was yx when (s)he died" questions in a row is annoying :| ) and there are even some translation problem, mainly with question regarding animals that can fly or lay eggs. Had at least a few question where the complete opposite was meant.

Now I wish there would be a mix between of Knowledge is Power and It's Quiz Time. Take the well-moderated questions of KiP and use the modes and features of IQT and et voila, you would have one really fun quiz game.

So my list is:

Owlboy

It's Quiz Time

7 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Hmm... I don't think I have any E games either? :hmm: Anyways, if I did 4 more games, that would mess up my planned #100, & I doubt I'll have that one done by the end of the event. :P 

9 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I don't know much about that game, but I know a lot of people rate it as "highly difficult". Are you trying to knock out the last shred of sanity I have left from Mugen Souls? ?

9 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I always though a funny event would be platting the trio of I am Bread, Super Meat Boy and My Name is Mayo  :P

7 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Everyone is now up to date again!

Sorry, YES I am not going to fight people (especially a legendary dragon) on a couple of hours. These events are supposed to be about having fun so if you plat it in your own time zone that is OK as well. 

Originally it was just going to be CST but it makes sense to do it in your own time zone.

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Awesome, thanks :D . Captain Qwark (member of Mayus' Trinity of Green) approves.

Oh...NOW you give Qwark the props he deserves ^_^

Judging from my... "research". :P I can make a few longer words, below them would be games I'd probably do for them:

CHAPMAN

• Ar nosurge
  • Naruto Storm Generations

CAMPHOR

• Resonance of Fate
  • Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy

MATCHUP

• Uncharted
  • The Wolf Among Us

So I may do a couple more... not sure which one though? :hmm: 

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I always though a funny event would be platting the trio of I am Bread, Super Meat Boy and My Name is Mayo  :P

That actually is a pretty good idea. xD I doubt many people would finish it with those first 2 games in there though. ? Although I'd wait for a cheese based game to come out too. :P 

So started work on my expanded word, NEEDLEPOINT. I am starting by platinuming my T-title, The Deadly Tower of Monsters. It's a really easy platinum and if you love Mystery Science Theater 3000, you'll love this game. Got to 31% before I got tired and rested for the night. (I fell asleep as soon as I got home from grocery shopping and slept all day and then went out with my dad to check out an old house that the church he's supporting is picking up for their religious education classes, so I was out of the house for two hours. :P) Next, I'll try to platinum Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder, which is another Artifex Mundi title. I might slow down and stop supporting Artifex Mundi, though - their games are getting more and more complex every port. :(

Not sure if I really want to play ICEY or just drop it and go with inFAMOUS Second Son because I have platinumed that title several times. I will have to see if there is a platinum walkthrough for that game.

14 hours ago, Masamune said:

I don't know much about that game, but I know a lot of people rate it as "highly difficult". Are you trying to knock out the last shred of sanity I have left from Mugen Souls? 1f611.png

Of course, sanity is overrated :awesome: .

13 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Sorry, YES I am not going to fight people (especially a legendary dragon) on a couple of hours. These events are supposed to be about having fun so if you plat it in your own time zone that is OK as well. 

Originally it was just going to be CST but it makes sense to do it in your own time zone.

Awesome, thanks :highfive: .

Oh...NOW you give Qwark the props he deserves ^_^

Of course, I decided to follow Qwark's example and be best friends when it suits me :giggle: , just like 11:49-12:00 in the video below.

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Masamune said:

That actually is a pretty good idea. xD I doubt many people would finish it with those first 2 games in there though. 1f605.png Although I'd wait for a cheese based game to come out too. :P 

Don't forget some pizza :awesome: :