It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

Finished two further games:

Riddled Corpses EX and Muv-Luv Alternative

This brings me to 4 of 7 characters for the longer word or 2 of 4 for the shorter word. I will prioritize the shorter word for now as there aren't any common letters left between CRIMSON and IDOL.

Owlboy

It's Quiz Time

Riddled Corpses EX

Muv-Luv Alternative

• Like 1

Dang 5.56 update, slowing me down! ?

Anyways, since it's now September, and Dragon Quest XI will suck every minute of my life when I get it(I wish I could go to GameStop to pre-order but I will bite the bullet and pre-order the Day of Light edition on the PSN store digitally.), I am going to be doing some power-platinuming to get the rest of the letters completed before the deadline. So I will doing an Artifex Mundi marathon tonight to get Nightmares of the Deep 3 and Persian Sands completed before tomorrow. From checking the official trophy guide on Playstationtrophies.org, it looks like Persian Nights will be easy, especially since I have PS+ for three months to back up my game saves. ^_^

Tomorrow I'll try to platinum ICEY, then I will get started on Oceanhorn for the rest of the month, when I am not going crazy 24/7 on Dragon Quest XI.

Edited by DragonQuest238

22 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Dang 5.56 update, slowing me down! 1f623.png

Anyways, since it's now September, and Dragon Quest XI will suck every minute of my life when I get it(I wish I could go to GameStop to pre-order but I will bite the bullet and pre-order the Day of Light edition on the PSN store digitally.), I am going to be doing some power-platinuming to get the rest of the letters completed before the deadline. So I will doing an Artifex Mundi marathon tonight to get Nightmares of the Deep 3 and Persian Sands completed before tomorrow. From checking the official trophy guide on Playstationtrophies.org, it looks like Persian Nights will be easy, especially since I have PS+ for three months to back up my game saves. ^_^

Tomorrow I'll try to platinum ICEY, then I will get started on Oceanhorn for the rest of the month, when I am not going crazy 24/7 on Dragon Quest XI.

Did you end up finding a walkthrough for ICEY?  I used the one on PST ICEY Walkthrough and thought it was really good.  I also found a video walkthrough that IBadDriverI made if those are more your thing

Spoiler

Finished Yonder, so I now have MAY complete. S is already underway, and will begin Unholy next.

Yonder was difficult to rate. On the one hand it was a bit addictive, on the other, there was so much walking around that it took forever at times to make progress.

Definitely needed a better quick transport system. Oh, and a season change option would have been great. Had to idle for over an hour waiting for winter for the last of the cats to show up.

• Like 1

Just finished Odin Sphere with a total time of 30 hours and 4 minutes.. not bad, and that was without rushing and having to backtrack to get most of the hidden area skills..

So that only leaves the N for PERSONA.. I guess it's time to start Nier Automata and see if I can do it in the Saturdays until the end of the event..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Finished two further games:

Riddled Corpses EX and Muv-Luv Alternative

This brings me to 4 of 7 characters for the longer word or 2 of 4 for the shorter word. I will prioritize the shorter word for now as there aren't any common letters left between CRIMSON and IDOL.

Owlboy

It's Quiz Time

Riddled Corpses EX

Muv-Luv Alternative

How's Owlboy?  I've been thinking about picking it up.  Looks like my kinda game.  

12 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

How's Owlboy?  I've been thinking about picking it up.  Looks like my kinda game.  

I didn't enjoy the game due to several things I disliked:

- The layout for the controls is kinda messed up and the controls feel unresponsive in hectic situations, making some fights a hassle

- There's no indication when the game saves (there's also no possibility to save manually)

- Going for all collectibles is a PITA if you don't use videos as some are well-hidden without any visual cue

What I liked were the graphics as it's rather rare to see a pixelated game where you can clearly see different emotions for the characters. The same goes for the world itself which had a nice style. And besides having no map the game is rather easy and pretty straight forward with only one area that might be a bit confusing.

You might want to read these posts which go into detail a little more:

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Did you end up finding a walkthrough for ICEY?  I used the one on PST ICEY Walkthrough and thought it was really good.  I also found a video walkthrough that IBadDriverI made if those are more your thing

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the help, Meso. You watch |BadDriver| too? He's pretty good at helping people find some really quick and easy platinums.

Speaking of the EZPZ plats, I just got another letter added to my word, the P-title.

Mbb93f6.png

This game surprised me, it was the least difficult and troublesome Artifex Mundi title. I really should stop worrying about weird trophies that pop up in their trophy lists. xD In fact, to my surprise, I didn't need to back up my save or do a second playthrough, so I enjoyed the dialogue. I am sure a lot of people rushing through a second playthrough because they missed one of the collectibles or a chat option with Darius get annoyed at having to do stuff again but this game didn't ask too much, unlike other titles. I'm sure I could have messed up the potions but it was all good. ^_^

I am going to get another letter tonight when I platinum Nightmares from the Deep 3, then I have to do another game for Trophophobia. But I"m almost completely done with my Artifex Mundi backlog and will go on to other games. ;)

10 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I think I might have just made the first MAYUS with my completion of Mary Skelter: Nightmares :)

Sfcff76.png
S6c7f36.png

Se50c64.png

S988631.png

S271b03.png

Nicely done!

Any tips for Unholy Heights? I seem to have hit a road block and am just grinding generations to level up my monsters. I'm not sure how someone could complete this in 3 hours?

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Nicely done!

Any tips for Unholy Heights? I seem to have hit a road block and am just grinding generations to level up my monsters. I'm not sure how someone could complete this in 3 hours?

I'm not sure how anyone could do it in 3 hours either! Seems like it would take longer than that just to grind affection for the bestiary.

I think the best tips I have are to really focus on getting the pairwise tenants (abyssals or elementals, demihumans or demons) to "super love" affection. Make sure that you get the 4th level to appear before trying to increase affection with the other. It's almost impossible to get the 4th level to appear without maintaining a "super love" affection, even if you've fulfilled the necessary quest.

Abyssals were the worst for me. I needed bloody altars + abyssals in like 8-10 of my rooms to get affection to "super love" affection for the quest to show up, and it still took about 5-10 days for a 4th level to show up after the quest.

As far as strong monsters go... you only really need a 1st or 2nd generation monster of the most recent tier if you're not going for the early defeat of the Hero. I found that it was more beneficial to have the monsters breed just so I could have the third tenant in each apartment. Also to note-- it's really hard to get level 4 monsters to breed, even if you do give them the item for it.

When you do decide to defeat the hero early, complete all the quests but don't build the new level. Continue to grind the Hotel for Adventures quest for money so that you can buy the items for matchmaking/breeding. Also, buy desks, bookcases, and exercise equipment... I believe these improve stats for a growing monster. When I beat the guy, I had in each apartment a gen 7, gen 6, and gen 1 monster of the types described in the guide. Hero went down FAST.

Tip-- you can rename baby monsters. I did so to keep track of which generation I was on. All my monsters were called "Gen2", "Gen3", etc.

3 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Nice. I still need an A. 1f605.png Tempted to buy Aer just to make it quick and easy. :/ 

Or you could do another Atelier game :awesome:

Sophie is pretty easy.

The latest:

D - Dying: Reborn

I had high hopes for this game.  It looked good, reminded me of Until Dawn, or at least a spooky game.  Of course, it took a dump on me and would not autosave, so I had to play it again from the beginning.  My thoughts:

1. Nice cheap game, but very short, approx 2 hours 

2. Does not autosave, so play in one sitting.  Considering how short it is, not a problem.

3. Glitched a few times, in which I had to reinstall the game to keep going.  Was not a happy camper.

L4827f5.png

• Like 1