It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

11 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Have you tough of bigger cats? "Tiger"s have no "A"s.. (ya, I'm a" cat" person with a special liking for the bigger white cats..)

First off, tough of bigger cats? I thought it was thought, or maybe you are just praising how strong the big cats are. :P

Also, while I do respect the big kitties(in the Midnight Louie books I harp about, one book focuses on a ranch where people can hunt trapped big cats in Nevada - obviously illegal and was shut down and one of the main characters helps a magician rescue his pet tiger and add a black panther to their team ;)), I'm just more of a house cat person myself. For one, big cats are a bit less tolerated in residential areas because they eat a lot more and only accept raw meat. Second, there is no kitty litter box big enough to let a lion do his business in, and if I know my zoos well, I do not envy the poor janitor who has the thankless job of disinfecting a lion's lair every so often and removing any bodily waste. ?? (And yes, I know I was not talking about having a baby lion as a pet, but some people love exotic pets and I wanted to say that I was not one of them.)

Besides, while TIGER doesn't have "A", it does have "I" and the only I-titles I have are inFAMOUS titles and I really don't want to go through the hour of unskippable hell that is Infamous Second Son over two playthroughs again. I didn't hate the game, it was sort of fun hover-dashing everywhere and taking out guards with neon nukes and virtual angels, but I don't want to compound my sins by playing yet ANOTHER Evil Dhelsin Rowe just for a platinum. (And no, I am not touching First Light because of the stupid arena trophies. I hate most arena challenges!)

As I said, it's not a big thing for me to have all my words have only "A" as the vowel because I have ample games to cover it.

To @Dr_Mayus, sorry - not going for the bonus badge though I do have a Y-title in Yooka-Laylee which I should platinum if only because it is faithful to the Banjo-Kazooie legacy and I would feel bad not supporting the devs(and hoping 'Twoka-Laylee' doesn't have as many glitches). CAT CLAW MAYUS doesn't really have the same feel. :)

Edited by DragonQuest238

9 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Han_the_Dragon - Odin's Sphere isn't that long, and it is an easy game. If you got started now, you'd have plenty of time to finish it. 30-50 hours tops!

Ya, but my problem is that I'm still in my "trophy restriction" mode, until I get my 11k trophy and sadly I got stuck (again) on Shining Resonance.. I never thought that I would need to use all the cast and never used 2 characters that I'm now forced to use (and they are severally underleveled, so I'm wasting time lvl up them now..). 

I actually had plan to at least finish Shining Resonance story today, and get to 11k trophies sometime next week.. 

Still, 30-50 hours on top of the other games (all taking 20-30 hours), it's something that I may consider further, because for "Dragon", I wouldn't have to work much more than for "Angel". I would use the same 3 letters, + Redout (or look for serious help on Resogun vita/ps3, since I'm so close, but lack the skills/patience for it..) + Dirt Showdown "that's halfway done. Actually if I could get Resogun Plat, it would be even faster to get "Dragon" than "Angel". Lol

5 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

First off, tough of bigger cats? I thought it was thought, or maybe you are just praising how strong the big cats are. :P

Also, while I do respect the big kitties(in the Midnight Louie books I harp about, one book focuses on a ranch where people can hunt trapped big cats in Nevada - obviously illegal and was shut down and one of the main characters helps a magician rescue his pet tiger and add a black panther to their team ;)), I'm just more of a house cat person myself. For one, big cats are a bit less tolerated in residential areas because they eat a lot more and only accept raw meat. Second, there is no kitty litter box big enough to let a lion do his business in, and if I know my zoos well, I do not envy the poor janitor who has the thankless job of disinfecting a lion's lair every so often and removing any bodily waste. 1f4a9.png1f981.png (And yes, I know I was not talking about having a baby lion as a pet, but some people love exotic pets and I wanted to say that I was not one of them.)

Besides, while TIGER doesn't have "A", it does have "I" and the only I-titles I have are inFAMOUS titles and I really don't want to go through the hour of unskippable hell that is Infamous Second Son over two playthroughs again. I didn't hate the game, it was sort of fun hover-dashing everywhere and taking out guards with neon nukes and virtual angels, but I don't want to compound my sins by playing yet ANOTHER Evil Dhelsin Rowe just for a platinum. (And no, I am not touching First Light because of the stupid arena trophies. I hate most arena challenges!)

As I said, it's not a big thing for me to have all my words have only "A" as the vowel because I have ample games to cover it.

To @Dr_Mayus, sorry - not going for the bonus badge though I do have a Y-title in Yooka-Laylee which I should platinum if only because it is faithful to the Banjo-Kazooie legacy and I would feel bad not supporting the devs(and hoping 'Twoka-Laylee' doesn't have as many glitches). CAT CLAW MAYUS doesn't really have the same feel. :)

Ya, tough/thought one of my usual mix ups lol

And while I love Tigers, I wouldn't keep one as a pet, my cat (that's harmless to most people) keeps on playing around attacking me (and while she does the same to other people, she only does it with the intent to bit/scratch to me, for everyone else she doesn't show her claws, well, I provoke her quite a bit too.. I wouldn't like to have the same kind of relationship with a tiger, that's for sure..). 

As for the letters, ya, for A there's a lot more options and it's easier than for the other vowels. Still Second Sons isn't that bad (and I do agree, why the hell didn't they implement a scene skip option in any of the infamous games?) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

And while I love Tigers, I wouldn't keep one as a pet, my cat (that's harmless to most people) keeps on playing around attacking me (and while she does the same to other people, she only does it with the intent to bit/scratch to me, for everyone else she doesn't show her claws, well, I provoke her quite a bit too.. I wouldn't like to have the same kind of relationship with a tiger, that's for sure..). 

Oh yeah, that was #3. Serena, my black kitty, has the same sort of hyper energy and always meows at me and demands to be played with, and I never clip her claws so when she gets a bit too frisky, I end up with gashes I have to spray medical spray on. Big cat claw slashes are FAR more deadly, not to mention their bites. I read in a book about cats that the author went on safari and got hypnotized to the point where she wanted the lions to eat her, and then explains that it's because of a disease called toxoplamsosis which is found in cat dung that makes the infected lose their danger sense around cats.

But I knew you weren't talking about keeping a big cat as a pet. I just mentioned it because some people are crazy enough to bribe their local authorities into letting them own a pygmy lion or something. I heard there was a 'house hippo', so why not a house tiger? :D

Sorry the everyone for the off-topic post.

Edited by DragonQuest238

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Just to clarify you don't have to spell a 3, 4 and 5 letter word. You only get 1 badge (which ever is highest)...just want to make sure :)

Also Yooka Laylee would have been perfect for Y as I am one of the Kick Starter backers so it would have made it even more self indulgent (as my name is in the credits). 

I really regret not putting Dr_Mayus as my donation name as oppose to me real name :(

Sign me up! I'm going to try and spell MAYUS but don't know if I'll be able to finish in time.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 

Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden 

Yakuza 0 

Unravel 

Super Dungeon Bros 

So one really beefy game, three medium length games and one really short game. Will definitely have to prep some beforehand if I want to finish. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Just to clarify you don't have to spell a 3, 4 and 5 letter word. You only get 1 badge (which ever is highest)...just want to make sure :)

Wait, we only get credit for one word?

Mini-Midnight: Well duh! You honestly expected him to let you spell out three words in one month? Considering how many easy games you listed, I wasn't surprised. :P

Okay then... well, in that case, I'm redoing the entire list and doing the maximum amount of letters I can do sanely in one month's time!

Secret of Mana (PS4 version)
Adventures of Mana
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengance

World of Final Fantasy

Inksplosion (Vita version)

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

Her Majesty's SPIFFING

CEVBfHmWIAAxDyi.png

Better get started on those hard games(Ni no Kuni will be started closer to the start date as I have to finagle a used PS3 and physical disc that doesn't bust; I could use PS Now but I am boycotting them for now).

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Oh yeah, that was #3. Serena, my black kitty, has the same sort of hyper energy and always meows at me and demands to be played with, and I never clip her claws so when she gets a bit too frisky, I end up with gashes I have to spray medical spray on. Big cat claw slashes are FAR more deadly, not to mention their bites. I read in a book about cats that the author went on safari and got hypnotized to the point where she wanted the lions to eat her, and then explains that it's because of a disease called toxoplamsosis which is found in cat dung that makes the infected lose their danger sense around cats.

But I knew you weren't talking about keeping a big cat as a pet. I just mentioned it because some people are crazy enough to bribe their local authorities into letting them own a pygmy lion or something. I heard there was a 'house hippo', so why not a house tiger? :D

Sorry the everyone for the off-topic post.

I hopefully don't get to many scratch from my cat because I kind of out-pace her and she rarely touches me.. but well, that's probably the main reason why she tries to bit me my any means necessary :lol:

And ya, there's all kinds of crazy people...

To not keep this completely out of topic, I will make a session to see if someone can help me on Resogun (1CC + Master trophies), and will make an attempt to get the plat when the event starts, since I also need the 15x multiplyer. If I somehow manage to get this platinum after the event start, I will give a serious try at spelling "Dragon", since the only other out of the way (from Angel), would essentially be Odin Sphere, instead of LBP3+Earth's Dawn/Enslaved/E, Dirt Showdown for Dragon should be quick from what I'm missing.

11 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Mini-Midnight: Well duh! You honestly expected him to let you spell out three words in one month? Considering how many easy games you listed, I wasn't surprised. :P

Okay then... well, in that case, I'm redoing the entire list and doing the maximum amount of letters I can do sanely in one month's time!

Adventures of Mana

World of Final Fantasy

Her Majesty's SPIFFING

CEVBfHmWIAAxDyi.png

Better get started on those hard games(Ni no Kuni will be started closer to the start date as I have to finagle a used PS3 and physical disc that doesn't bust; I could use PS Now but I am boycotting them for now).

Sanely?

I didnt check your profile, but Ni no Kuni, Disgaea 5 and World of FF in a month? Sanely? :lol: 

Those 3 take a ton of time by themselves..

Sanely?

I didnt check your profile, but Ni no Kuni, Disgaea 5 and World of FF in a month? Sanely? :lol: 

Those 3 take a ton of time by themselves..

I can get to post-game in Disgaea 5 in a few hours, thanks to tips I learned from a speedrunner which allow you to completely destroy every map in minutes once you get to Chapter 12 involving Usalia's Overload. :) I know that World of Final Fantasy will take longer but I intend to start playing the game on my Vita soon and try to earn as many trophies as I can get.

I can probably switch out Ni no Kuni for a quicker N-title, though, as I won't get a PS3 for a week.

3 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Adventures of Mana

World of Final Fantasy

Her Majesty's SPIFFING

CEVBfHmWIAAxDyi.png

Sorry, I thought that was clear. I know Kristy had mentioned about the Bronze, silver and Gold badge but I added it to the rules. 

And as a side note that looks like a really tasty sandwich :)

1 hour ago, Arctic Cress said:

I'll sign up. I don't know what games I'll be playing until closer to the event start, so I'll do that part later.

Welcome to the event :)

The games don't matter yet since you might change your word after platting a couple of games or because a certain game goes on sale. 

Edited by Dr_Mayus

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I can get to post-game in Disgaea 5 in a few hours, thanks to tips I learned from a speedrunner which allow you to completely destroy every map in minutes once you get to Chapter 12 involving Usalia's Overload. :) I know that World of Final Fantasy will take longer but I intend to start playing the game on my Vita soon and try to earn as many trophies as I can get.

I can probably switch out Ni no Kuni for a quicker N-title, though, as I won't get a PS3 for a week.

Ok, ya, I can understand that about Disgaea 5.. I took the extremely scenic rout on that one :lol: 

But the other 2, sure take time! If you end up needing any Monster on WoFF, drop me a message and I will see if I get it for you (I unlocked all without trading, so I can evolve/de-evolve into everything that's not DLC, if I'm not wrong).

And ya, there's several faster N games than NnK.

Ok, ya, I can understand that about Disgaea 5.. I took the extremely scenic route on that one :lol: 

But the other 2, sure take time! If you end up needing any Monster on WoFF, drop me a message and I will see if I get it for you (I unlocked all without trading, so I can evolve/de-evolve into everything that's not DLC, if I'm not wrong).

And ya, there's several faster N games than NnK.

No problem. I already watched every cutscene in Disgaea 5 so it's not a big deal to skip them all. That's the only reason I can be confident about Disgaea 5 and Kingdom Hearts. If you asked me to platinum the PS3 versions, I would be a little miffed because Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix's difficulty trophies do not stack so you have to play through all of the difficulties once and the 2.5 Remix has long load times. And both have loading issues with certain battle mechanics so they take even longer to pull off. Skipping cutscenes is a godsend.

Thanks for offering to help me out with World of Final Fantasy and I'll drop a message if I need help. I'm going to spend a couple of days planning out my Mirage Boards and find the ones that don't require a lot of AP to master. (Usually the ones with a * at the end of them since they are unique from their non-* counterparts which require you to transform a common enemy.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

No problem. I already watched every cutscene in Disgaea 5 so it's not a big deal to skip them all. That's the only reason I can be confident about Disgaea 5 and Kingdom Hearts. If you asked me to platinum the PS3 versions, I would be a little miffed because Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix's difficulty trophies do not stack so you have to play through all of the difficulties once and the 2.5 Remix has long load times. And both have loading issues with certain battle mechanics so they take even longer to pull off. Skipping cutscenes is a godsend.

Thanks for offering to help me out with World of Final Fantasy and I'll drop a message if I need help. I'm going to spend a couple of days planning out my Mirage Boards and find the ones that don't require a lot of AP to master. (Usually the ones with a * at the end of them since they are unique from their non-* counterparts which require you to transform a common enemy.)

OK, I actually didn't paid much attention on what I was maxing from the mirage board, because I kept using a few selected monsters and simply maxed all possible boards with them (if I'm not wrong, each transformation counts as a maxed board, so maxing all possible boards of a single monster counts as maxing several boards for the trophy, also the *monsters usually are just a special morphing path from the monster class). 

I also don't know if I sent you monsters with maxed boards would count for your trophy. 

As for KH.. I still have 80% of the Proud run in KH2 for an easy Plat, but I made a mistake of trying to speed run on Proud (it worked on KH 1, since I got the speed run trophy on Proud.. But on KH2, I'm having problems with getting out of Olympus.. Or I was, it was so long ago that I kind of forgot..), and the fact that the difficulties don't stack on CoM is why I never got back to it.. BBS I kind of gave up because of the Ice-cream minigames.. And ya, all on PS3, not going to replay on PS4. On PS4 I will just play the games from 2.8 and 3 when I find time.. 

As for Disgaea, I can't wait for the next one!! 

40 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Bonus points to anyone who plats Spellspire for this event. You see it's a spelling game about spelling words. :awesome:

NEVER going for that... I have heard horror stories of the path to platinum on that... 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

OK, I actually didn't paid much attention on what I was maxing from the mirage board, because I kept using a few selected monsters and simply maxed all possible boards with them (if I'm not wrong, each transformation counts as a maxed board, so maxing all possible boards of a single monster counts as maxing several boards for the trophy, also the *monsters usually are just a special morphing path from the monster class). 

I also don't know if I sent you monsters with maxed boards would count for your trophy. 

As for KH.. I still have 80% of the Proud run in KH2 for an easy Plat, but I made a mistake of trying to speed run on Proud (it worked on KH 1, since I got the speed run trophy on Proud.. But on KH2, I'm having problems with getting out of Olympus.. Or I was, it was so long ago that I kind of forgot..), and the fact that the difficulties don't stack on CoM is why I never got back to it.. BBS I kind of gave up because of the Ice-cream minigames.. And ya, all on PS3, not going to replay on PS4. On PS4 I will just play the games from 2.8 and 3 when I find time..

2018-07-29-203040.jpg
Sephiroth does not approve. :P

Why are you doing KH2 on Proud? If you completed it on Critical you will get the Proud Player trophy. Critical is more dangerous because you only get half as many HP boosts so your HP is much lower but you need to do that mode to get Critical Competitor anyways. (The enemies don't do triple damage or anything, it is still as tough as on Proud but it gets tougher because you have less of an HP barrier to protect you.)

(I do agree that Ice Cream Beat is the Devil's Handbook but I am going to torture myself with the Master modes once to get the platinum.)

Also, I don't think that receiving Mirages with mastered boards counts. It's okay because I've already started the game and played to Chapter 5 and gotten 7 trophies already and imprismed enough Mirages to master 50 boards. (Yes, I think that each silver star mastery counts so if you get the gold, that is because you got a ton of silvers for mastering multiple Mirage Boards if the Mirage has multiple transfiggys. That's why I have to ink out my last statement as I thought that you needed to master 100 full mirage boards, not just each transfiggy.)

Progress:

Secret of Mana (PS4 version) (not bought yet)
Adventures of Mana (1%, 1 trophy)
(N)ew title pending (since I was told Ni No Kuni 1 can't be platted in one month)

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengance (not played yet, it's downloaded; might work on that tonight)

World of Final Fantasy (10%, 7 trophies)

Inksplosion (Vita version) (not bought yet)

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (not downloaded yet)

Her Majesty's SPIFFING (not downloaded yet)

I am going to hold off on buying and downloading until the event actually begins. I'm marking progress towards titles that I know I can't platinum in a month as I am going to earn trophies in those titles to reduce the workload when the time comes.

Edited by DragonQuest238

After seeing this event several times in the recent entries section i looked at the opening here and now i want to join :D ... i'll look into my games section if i can go for "Mayus" but seeing some advice about Y i may have to go shopping too but Ys games are currently on sale so who knows :D

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

After seeing this event several times in the recent entries section i looked at the opening here and now i want to join :D ... i'll look into my games section if i can go for "Mayus" but seeing some advice about Y i may have to go shopping too but Ys games are currently on sale so who knows :D

Welcome :) Glad the opening was enough to convince you to join.

yes Y games are particularly challenging or grindy but Yooka Laylee and Ys Memories of Celcetta were easy enough for me to do.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Welcome :) Glad the opening was enough to convince you to join.

yes Y games are particularly challenging or grindy but Yooka Laylee and Ys Memories of Celcetta were easy enough for me to do.

Not's just about easy or not but expensive or not too :D ...

I've been thinking about a word to pick and i'll go for Ramage (explaining: there's one Adam Ramage who built wooden hand presses in 17th century. Also used for tree branches but rather archaic and rare :D)

My games are:

Rage (50% towards Plat)

Apotheon

Mecho Tales

Albedo (NA)

God of War 3 (PS3) (54%)

Enigmatis

Edited by Evil_Joker88

17 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Actually the 1st word that I though of was "Tiger" but the "I" was killing the idea for me. .. Followed by "Dragon", but I dropped the idea of that when I saw that One Piece Unlimited World Red was 70+ hours and Odins Sphere is a bit long too.. So I decided to enter with "Angel", because "Persona" would be to much of a pain to get..

I thought about spelling "Dragon" too, but was missing "gon".

8 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

Bonus points to anyone who plats Spellspire for this event. You see it's a spelling game about spelling words. :awesome:

No bonus points for spelling "Scrabble"?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I thought about spelling "Dragon" too, but was missing "gon".

After reading all those talks about spelling names of animals I thought about spelling "Wasp", but sadly there aren't any W-games that are appealing to me. :| And the next one I'm interested in (--> Wreckfest) will release in late November. :shakefist:

And about your missing letters. Some inspirations which should may fit your interests

G: Guacamelee!, Gravity Rush Remastered/Gravity Rush 2

O: Okage (already mentioned by some); Owlboy, Oxenfree

N: Nier/NIer Automata, Nights of Azure

• Like 1