It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

6 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Mary Poppins fan much? xD Don't be ashamed. That was actually one of the Disney films I used to watch in elementary school. I honestly thought it had gotten a big enough following so that it would get a world in Kingdom Hearts 3, but nope. (Then again, nothing has been confirmed. I mean, you don't have to put the entire movie in the game, just that world they went to in the chalk drawing. Heartless would probably flock there. :P)

21 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

It's an old PS2 turn-based RPG. It's just a load of fun, doesn't take itself seriously. You play as a boy whose shadow has been possessed by an evil overlord who wants to take over the world. I don't wanna go into it too much more 'cause spoilers, but if you're fine with looking past bad graphics, I'd recommend it.

Are you talking about OKAGE? I've played that game, and while I did like the story and all, the combat was very tedious. Also, if you intend to platinum it, big warning about one particular trophy...

Spoiler

One trophy requires you get to the dreaded 3% drop from a super-rare enemy. DO NOT TRY TO FARM IT IN THE LAST DUNGEON! I learned that the hard way, the super-rare enemy is SUUUUPER rare(like only 1 in every 100 encounter), you're better off just spamming the boss fight which has them show up as a guarantee. That trophy is the only reason I no longer like this game. (I did beat the original version a long time ago.)

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

This mostly has to do with the fact that they tend sell games before they are manufactured as of lately. Already noticed this when I ordered the Fallen Legion-games back in March. :/ 

You might want to check this site:

https://www.limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

Looks rather bad for Iron Crpyticle.

And fuck, shouldn't have checked it myself. Now I see that they CSH still takes a bit longer... :( 

Fuck, I’m relying on like three of their games for this and another event. 

1 hour ago, Jens said:

The hardest letter should be taken care of (if some of you keep praying for me...), so why not.

I'll keep praying for you! ? You can do it!!

33 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

I would like to participate but im kinda confused as to what words we can choose. Maybe im just not understanding it right but can you elaborate?

You can pick any word you'd like, as long as it's an actual word in the Oxford Dictionary, no made-up words. Or you can use the not-real words Plat, Plats, PSNP or Mayus (Mayus is for the bonus badge).

A 3-letter word gives you a bronze badge, a 4-letter word gives you a silver, a 5+ letter gets gold. You can make more than one word during the event if you're up for the challenge and you'll receive all of the corresponding badges.

Does that all make sense? If not, lemme know what bits are confusing and I'll reword :)

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Since the username "Mayus" is a viable option, does that mean other names or usernames are eligible for this event? This clearly has nothing to do whatsoever with my plan to play what I feel like and most likely ending up with a lot of consonants :ninja: .

I don't think so? But @Dr_Mayus will need to confirm. "Mayus" was only an option because he's the boss and we should all respect our bosses by chanting their names as we dance round a campfire :P Or something like that.

As long as you get a "Y", you can make a lot of words without vowels :P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

I don't think so? But @Dr_Mayus will need to confirm. "Mayus" was only an option because he's the boss and we should all respect our bosses by chanting their names as we dance round a campfire :P Or something like that.

As long as you get a "Y", you can make a lot of words without vowels :P

Lol :lol: , if not, then there's always this:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Since the username "Mayus" is a viable option, does that mean other names or usernames are eligible for this event? This clearly has nothing to do whatsoever with my plan to play what I feel like and most likely ending up with a lot of consonants :ninja: .

Get out of here with that. as @Kristycism said this is all about my super self indulgent whims and wanting a super amazing bonus badge dedicated to my User Name :P

3 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Mary Poppins fan much? xD Don't be ashamed. That was actually one of the Disney films I used to watch in elementary school. I honestly thought it had gotten a big enough following so that it would get a world in Kingdom Hearts 3, but nope. (Then again, nothing has been confirmed. I mean, you don't have to put the entire movie in the game, just that world they went to in the chalk drawing. Heartless would probably flock there. :P)

Are you talking about OKAGE? I've played that game, and while I did like the story and all, the combat was very tedious. Also, if you intend to platinum it, big warning about one particular trophy...

Hide contents

One trophy requires you get to the dreaded 3% drop from a super-rare enemy. DO NOT TRY TO FARM IT IN THE LAST DUNGEON! I learned that the hard way, the super-rare enemy is SUUUUPER rare(like only 1 in every 100 encounter), you're better off just spamming the boss fight which has them show up as a guarantee. That trophy is the only reason I no longer like this game. (I did beat the original version a long time ago.)

Yeah I tend to not look at the screen during combat :P And I know all about that trophy. I am ready for it ^_^

2 hours ago, Jens said:

Couldn't have helped more, thanks :highfive:

So with the yakuza monkey on my back..... let's announce it before I chicken out. Bring on the MAYUS challenge :P The hardest letter should be taken care of (if some of you keep praying for me...), so why not.

OK I have seen the prototype for the MAYUS bonus badge. You definitely want to go for it :D

2 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

I would like to participate but im kinda confused as to what words we can choose. Maybe im just not understanding it right but can you elaborate?

There is a link to the Oxford dictionary in the rules :) So any word you find in there is good to go. The only words that aren't in there that you can use are Mayus (for a super sweet bonus badge), Plat, Plats and PSNP (as those are words we use on this site).

Also yes you can only get either the 3-letter, 4-letter or 5+ letter badge. They are the same thing just coloured differently. 

3 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Good tip. I don't plan to play this game for this event, but it is in my backlog.

I think that I will join, since I should have some free time soon (and hope to get done with Shining Resonance/11k trophy milestone soon). 

I have an idea on what word I will go for, just need to get a few games.. Hopefully none will be longer than I expect, since I will aim at shorter games.. 

Edit: someone as a suggestion for a decent game that doesn't take forever to plat starting with an "I", every time that I look into the list, only inFamous stands out as decent at my eyes, but I already 100% that series.. ICO sounds nice, but I always think it's to hard (same with Shadow of Colossus, but that one I played on ps2 and know that the Plat is outside of my skill and patience range..). Same for "E", just hope Enslaved isn't to time consuming.. Since that's all I can think of.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

13 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I think that I will join, since I should have some free time soon (and hope to get done with Shining Resonance/11k trophy milestone soon). 

I have an idea on what word I will go for, just need to get a few games.. Hopefully none will be longer than I expect, since I will aim at shorter games.. 

Edit: someone as a suggestion for a decent game that doesn't take forever to plat starting with an "I", every time that I look into the list, only inFamous stands out as decent at my eyes, but I already 100% that series.. ICO sounds nice, but I always think it's to hard (same with Shadow of Colossus, but that one I played on ps2 and know that the Plat is outside of my skill and patience range..). Same for "E", just hope Enslaved isn't to time consuming.. Since that's all I can think of.. 

For the letter "E" you could play Ether One. It came to PS+ a few months ago.

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

For the letter "E" you could play Ether One. It came to PS+ a few months ago.

Already have it :( (that's actually my only "E" platinum that I have) 

I was looking into Eiyuu Senki, but looks longer than Enslaved. 

And the worst is that the 2 main words that I'm wanting to make require an "E" (both don't require the "I", so it's not as problematic, my original idea did used the "I", that's why I gave up on it). 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK I have seen the prototype for the MAYUS bonus badge. You definitely want to go for it :D

If it's SUPER MEGA ULTRA KEWL as you say it is, I should try for it. Maybe... U for Undertale? I admit I am reluctant to play that game because of (certain flower name removed here for spoiler sake) but from the list it seems you do not even have to fight (really creepy nightmare fuel removed for spoiler sake) or fight any boss before the final save point in the CORE to get all of the trophies. It's like Toby Fox made the list as an in-joke about us trophy hunters being so super serious in doing trivial tasks for a shiny gold star. :D

55 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

And the worst is that the 2 main words that I'm wanting to make require an "E" (both don't require the "I", so it's not as problematic, my original idea did used the "I", that's why I gave up on it). 

Did you have any problems with the glitches with Ether One?  I have it and would like to try it, but worried about getting stuck in the game and not being able to continue....

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Earthlock: Festival of Magic (I think I might use that one myself)

Eekeemoo: Splinters of the Dark Shard - from what I hear it's not very good, but it's really short

Embers of Mirrim - I've actually heard good things about this one, might be worth checking out

The "Energy Games" - Energy Cycle, Energy Balance and Energy Invasion

Enigmatis or Eventide (Artifex Mundi games that can be done within a few hours)

I noticed you also asked for the letter I too

ICEY - One of the best EZPZ games I've played

InkSplosion - It's one of the Raitalaika games and they are usually pretty easy

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom - This was free on PS+ some time ago if you picked it up

51 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Did you have any problems with the glitches with Ether One?  I have it and would like to try it, but worried about getting stuck in the game and not being able to continue....

No, didn't run into a single problem that I remember of. I also only played it after the game was patched to a "stable" state.. So, if you play the patched version, it shouldn't get you into troubles.

40 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Earthlock: Festival of Magic (I think I might use that one myself)

Eekeemoo: Splinters of the Dark Shard - from what I hear it's not very good, but it's really short

Embers of Mirrim - I've actually heard good things about this one, might be worth checking out

The "Energy Games" - Energy Cycle, Energy Balance and Energy Invasion

Enigmatis or Eventide (Artifex Mundi games that can be done within a few hours)

I noticed you also asked for the letter I too

ICEY - One of the best EZPZ games I've played

InkSplosion - It's one of the Raitalaika games and they are usually pretty easy

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom - This was free on PS+ some time ago if you picked it up

Ok, I do like point and click and hidden object games, but their current price is a bit to much (15€), so I may go for one of those Artifex Mundi games, will look furthur into the ones you named for "E", but maybe I will stick to Enslaved and use one of those Artifex Mundi games as a last resort kind of thing.

as for I, wasn't the Invizimals from PS+ the one without trophies? I though it was.. and ICEY is something that I always see mentioned as a good game (on top of being an easy plat, so it's something that I will consider if I end up going for my original option). I don't really go out of my way for easy plats, unless it also happens to be something that I find interesting, because I also saw a few Easy plats for those letters that I write off from the start..

Thanks for the ideas!

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 2

For the guy who asked for a game starting with "E", if you don't mind mind-numbing hours of walking through a ghost town, I might recommend Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. I was a bit worried at first, but after a great video guide showing how to do everything, I enjoyed the game.

I don't know if I can recommend an "I" game, but I've platinumed inFamous Second Son three times on old accounts. If you don't mind having to do two runs of the stories with unskippable cutscenes and be evil in one and good in another, then it's good. If you don't like multiple playthroughs, try out inFamous First Light, which has characters from Second Son but it's just one story. (It was supposed to be a DLC episode from Second Son but they decided just to make it its own game.)

21 minutes ago, Jens said:

I just ordered M and S, so I guess I'm locked in. Mugen Souls and Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

:awesome:

But I'll keep them secret for now. At least until I'm certain about the rest besides Yakuza. Any suggestions for A? I was looking at Aer, I saw that one pop up on a lot of profiles lately, that's why it was in my head. And almost sure about the U as well, so we're getting there :P 

@Han_the_Dragon Enter the Gungeon would give you style points for sure. But I wouldn't recommend it as a fast and easy plat, it can be pretty stressful, but I just like these games a lot.

That's not really my kind of thing.. 

As for suggestions for an "A" any Assassin's Creed (2, 3 Liberation ps3 and Rogue don't have online trophies!) or Alice in Madness.. 

Actually those that I'm suggesting are the games that I'm thinking for "A" myself, since I have all in my backlog.. Alice seams to be the faster of those. 

14 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

For the guy who asked for a game starting with "E", if you don't mind mind-numbing hours of walking through a ghost town, I might recommend Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. I was a bit worried at first, but after a great video guide showing how to do everything, I enjoyed the game.

I don't know if I can recommend an "I" game, but I've platinumed inFamous Second Son three times on old accounts. If you don't mind having to do two runs of the stories with unskippable cutscenes and be evil in one and good in another, then it's good. If you don't like multiple playthroughs, try out inFamous First Light, which has characters from Second Son but it's just one story. (It was supposed to be a DLC episode from Second Son but they decided just to make it its own game.)

I have all inFamous trophies (all 4 plats + festival of blood, so not an option.. Ya, I do like a bit of the series), and I completely forgot that I already had Everyone's Gone to Rapture Plat..  But thanks for the suggestions! 

Still since we don't need to reveal the word we are doing until the event start (nor name the games we will use), I will decide closer to the date, since my current priority is Shining Resonance, when I get that Plat setup, I will start setting up the games for this event. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

5 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

someone as a suggestion for a decent game that doesn't take forever to plat starting with an "I", every time that I look into the list, only inFamous stands out as decent at my eyes, but I already 100% that series.. ICO sounds nice, but I always think it's to hard (same with Shadow of Colossus, but that one I played on ps2 and know that the Plat is outside of my skill and patience range..). Same for "E", just hope Enslaved isn't to time consuming.. Since that's all I can think of.. 

I Am Setsuna is a relatively painless plat, and it's only 20-30 hours for the plat.

As @Mesopithecus mentioned, Earthlock is also pretty quick. However, this is coming from my experience with Earthlock: Festival of Magic, which is no longer available in the PS store (though you may still be able to download it if you purchased it a while ago... they gave all owners of that version access to the new one too). They improved the game and re-released it as just Earthlock, which has a similar trophy list but it might take a little more grinding, so maybe 25-30 hrs instead of 20-25.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I Am Setsuna is a relatively painless plat, and it's only 20-30 hours for the plat.

Oh that's awesome to know, I thought it was longer for some reason.  I was thinking about spelling FRIEND, and I Am Setsuna is the only game I own for the letter I

5 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Oh that's awesome to know, I thought it was longer for some reason.  I was thinking about spelling FRIEND, and I Am Setsuna is the only game I own for the letter I

I might be slightly underestimating, but for a new-ish JRPG, it was definitely short... but not in a bad way! And I don't think there are any missables, but there might be a point of no return very late in the game.

If you like SNES/early PlayStation JRPGs, this one will be great (and from reading your Cosmic Star Heroine posts, I think you do!). Also, the sound track is ? One of the few that I've actually purchased.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1