Spyro 2 and Year of the Dragon not on Reignited Trilogy disc

MidnightDragon

34 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

No. In fact I'm delighted they're using the US versions of 2 and 3 because then I won't encounter the gamebreaking glitch again that was in the EU versions where certain Orbs would glitch and not count, thus preventing you from reaching 120% completion.

I don't remember any game-breaking glitch in Spyro 2. I do remember a music or two from Spyro 3 was glitched, i.e. the music from the second hub.

8 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I don't remember any game-breaking glitch in Spyro 2. I do remember a music or two from Spyro 3 was glitched, i.e. the music from the second hub.

All the info seems to have disappeared from the net but in the EU versions of Spyro 2 and 3, there was a semi-rare glitch that caused certain orbs to not register as being found so would lock you out of the some of the bonus levels. I didn't hit this glitch in Spyro 2 but I did get it in Spyro 3, thus locking me out of the final 2 bonus levels because I didn't have enough orbs and gems to open them so had to start a new game from scratch to fix it :(. The remasters should be free of this glitch, because of how much work has gone into updating each game.

Surely then if Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 are downloadable only, that gives players a chance to playthrough the first game at a decent pace so by the time they've finished both the download and the game, they can play the other games afterwards? Like to me that makes sense in terms of playing the games in order. I'm still gonna get this game day one regardless.

33 minutes ago, SlowMoNinja94 said:

Surely then if Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 are downloadable only, that gives players a chance to playthrough the first game at a decent pace so by the time they've finished both the download and the game, they can play the other games afterwards? Like to me that makes sense in terms of playing the games in order. I'm still gonna get this game day one regardless.

The entire point of buying a trilogy physically is so that you own all three games. But if only one of the games is physical and the rest are digital then you truly only one 1 game instead of 3.

12 minutes ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

The entire point of buying a trilogy physically is so that you own all three games. But if only one of the games is physical and the rest are digital then you truly only one 1 game instead of 3.

Then how is it a problem? (It's not for me) I know lot of people still prefer to have their games physically, and technically you do with this one, just not all of it. It's like deleting a game a few years back and wanting to play it again, but there's loads of updates to download to play it again.

Anyhoo, I was just putting my 2 cents into the conversation.

8 minutes ago, SlowMoNinja94 said:

Then how is it a problem? (It's not for me) I know lot of people still prefer to have their games physically, and technically you do with this one, just not all of it. It's like deleting a game a few years back and wanting to play it again, but there's loads of updates to download to play it again.

Anyhoo, I was just putting my 2 cents into the conversation.

I think the problem with some people is they don't have internet, have terrible speeds, or data caps

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

All the info seems to have disappeared from the net but in the EU versions of Spyro 2 and 3, there was a semi-rare glitch that caused certain orbs to not register as being found so would lock you out of the some of the bonus levels. I didn't hit this glitch in Spyro 2 but I did get it in Spyro 3, thus locking me out of the final 2 bonus levels because I didn't have enough orbs and gems to open them so had to start a new game from scratch to fix it :(. The remasters should be free of this glitch, because of how much work has gone into updating each game.

I have no idea, sorry. Did several playthroughs back in the day and nothing glitched on me.

14 hours ago, madbuk said:

I have a back-up PS3, which I am very glad about. Only have one Vita and have been tempted to import another just in preparation for when mine eventually dies... so expensive though :(

I don't recall ever saying physical games live forever, obviously they do not. But it would be much harder for Activision to get rid of every disc of Spyro than it would be to make the patch unavailable. If PS1 games still play perfectly fine, I don't really have any concerns that the potentially 1m+ copies of Spyro with modern blu-ray discs are all going to become unusable within my lifetime. I can't be as confident in my belief that all my digital games will be around for all of my lifetime.

Didn't mean to put words in your mouth, but you wrote that you "can go and put [your] Spyro 1, 2 and 3 discs into [your] PS3 and play them, and [you] will be able to forever", which implied to me that therefore physical games last forever. Since there are always pros and cons to everything, I tried to point out that I don't think that that's true, since sometimes these discussions can be very black and white.

19 hours ago, dell9300 said:

Does it not annoy anyone else that they’re not calling Spyro 2 “Gateway to Glimmer” on the EU release of this but have instead opted for the NA title “Ripto’s Rage” worldwide?

Not at all, I prefer games to have the same name worldwide, instead of explaining it's the same game over and over again *looks at Ratchet & Clank series*.

19 hours ago, dell9300 said:

Does it not annoy anyone else that they’re not calling Spyro 2 “Gateway to Glimmer” on the EU release of this but have instead opted for the NA title “Ripto’s Rage” worldwide?

Not for me, sure, I may be from New Zealand and the whole "Gateway to Glimmer" should apply here too, but I do like the title "Ripto's Rage" more.

Interesting to hear most non-NA peeps prefer the NA title for Spyro 2. I agree with @Dragon-Archon that I prefer games to have the same title worldwide (in English at least) but I’ve just always liked the EU title, maybe cause I’m used to it more I suppose.

Ratchet though: NA titles all the way! 

13 hours ago, dell9300 said:

Interesting to hear most non-NA peeps prefer the NA title for Spyro 2. I agree with @Dragon-Archon that I prefer games to have the same title worldwide (in English at least) but I’ve just always liked the EU title, maybe cause I’m used to it more I suppose.

I concur, most of the NA titles for R&C games are better:

NA - EU

• R&C2 Going Commando - R&C2 Locked and Loaded
  • R&C3 Up Your Arsenal - R&C3
  • Ratchet Deadlocked - Ratchet Gladiator (I actually prefer the EU name)
  • R&C Qforce - R&C Full Frontal Assault
13 hours ago, dell9300 said:

I concur, most of the NA titles for R&C games are better:

NA - EU

• R&C2 Going Commando - R&C2 Locked and Loaded
  • R&C3 Up Your Arsenal - R&C3
  • Ratchet Deadlocked - Ratchet Gladiator (I actually prefer the EU name)
  • R&C Qforce - R&C Full Frontal Assault