Danger Close bug fix

HitPoints_US

I tried to delete saves and all that did was get rid of my collectibles. The fix I found is during the Sign of the Times DLC, you get to a point in the missions where you visit the opera house, you go into the main room and when on the balcony there will be about 30 or so enemies underneath you, just throw a few mines into the crowd. The trophy popped for me instantly when I killed the whole group. Had previously killed 50+ with the mines. So I know that it was bugged. That was the only trophy I encountered that was bugged, and was the last one in all the DLC I needed.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

No luck for me.

I deleted all saves via PS menu, played until all main districts were given to Cassandra, Vito and Burke (I've read a comment on YT saying you have to activate Faster Baby DLC to make this trophy achievable, so I did it). I tried probably everything - killing policemen and Marcano guys, from the car and outside of the car, with checkpoint reload and without... I clenched my teeth and go through Sign of the Times DLC again up until the Opera House, but this also didn't make the trophy pop.

I admit I feel like shit, after so many hours wasted. Especially, when I see several people getting this trophy everyday, so it's certainly not glitched.

Thanks for the trouble, but none of your both methods works for me - simply because I have the digital copy unfortunately, and doing it offline didn't change anything (I loaded my backed progress with fresh counter of course). I have one last idea before trying to get a physical copy, and I edit this post if it works.

EDIT: Nope, no effect. My idea was: because proximity mines were added along with Faster Baby! DLC in the same update, I thought dev programmed the counter to start when you receive the mines from Roxy (just like with throwable knives in Sign of Times). This trophy is the only one in all DLC when you use item you are able to get before DLC. I also plat the game before buying DLC and that's may be a reason it's so messed up.

Maybe one day I'll return to this messy game, for now, I don't wanna see it.

Edited by sashamence

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

@DarkLordSlayer I've decided to return to game after about 9 months and I finally get the Danger Close trophy.

I'd like to thank @Spaz as he's the one who make me realize there's a problem with being online while playing the game. But it must to be done from scratch.

Roadmap of almost exact things I've done:

• Reinstalling the game (digital version), deleting saves. Turning off the online before starting the game and not turning it on until the trophy unlocked.
  • Ignoring the update game wanted me to install after launching it.
  • Proceeding as usual after cleaning one prostitution place (where you are rescuing drugged girls) to get a cash and possibility to call for supply after talking to Donovan.
  • First I've tried to do it with policemen (just like in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsF7F5Jnc8A), but it didn't work. So it's safe to ignore this step.
  • Then I've decided to do it with "normal" enemies marked red on map. Played the game casually to get more fun instead of grinding. It was basically buying the mines -> killing as most guys as possible with them -> collecting cash from racket business -> buying the mines over and over again. Basically I was throwing them at everyone marked red on map. I didn't tried to grind it in one place.
  • Trophy unlocked when I was cleaning the second racket - drugs. It took 2-3 hours from the scratch with every cutscene skipped.

So the possible solution why these trophies don't want to unlock: stats are apparently uploaded to 2K server every time game is saved and even when starting with fresh save it's downloaded again. Because I've bought game and season pass separately, my counter went way over 30 when I first booted the DLC.

I advise you to try again if you still want the 100%, it's possible to unlock legitimately.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
  • Like 1

On 25.08.2019 at 0:06 AM, Spaz said:

You have to start from scratch, which sucks but if the trophy bugged on you you don’t have a choice really. 

I actually enjoyed Mafia 3. Liked the cast of characters, the time period, the history, and especially the music.

Probably the only thing that sucks about the trophy list is this one particular trophy. Otherwise, while a bit grindy, it's a fine list.

I also defend Mafia III, because it's a very pleasant game, especially in terms of platinum not requiring a single collectible or playing on higher difficulty. I rarely like these kind of trophies, but there they could include it as I would want to have more of this game (especially that collectibles are shown on map). Mafia III just reminds me the old GTA II which I played a lot as a little brat - repetitive gameplay with awesome music.

Backstory was great with all that racism, betrayal and everything, but actual story is average, you're just a unstoppable black typical one-man army guy who kills everybody on his path. Mafia II story beats the crap out of III, because there you felt you've caused trouble and the enemy is after your head. I'd love to see a remastered version of Mafia II one day.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex

5 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I also defend Mafia III, because it's a very pleasant game, especially in terms of platinum not requiring a single collectible or playing on higher difficulty. I rarely like these kind of trophies, but there they could include it as I would want to have more of this game (especially that collectibles are shown on map). Mafia III just reminds me the old GTA II which I played a lot as a little brat - repetitive gameplay with awesome music.

There’s the two required playthroughs, with the only difference being saving the racket bosses and killing them. That puts a lot of people off from the platinum. 

I started with GTA 3, which was noted for its violence which soccer moms got all upset about. It practically started the genre of sandbox open world, which both the Mafia series and Saints Row borrow heavily from. 

5 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Backstory was great with all that racism, betrayal and everything, but actual story is average, you're just a unstoppable black typical one-man army guy who kills everybody on his path. Mafia II story beats the crap out of III, because there you felt you've caused trouble and the enemy is after your head. I'd love to see a remastered version of Mafia II one day.

Mafia 2 had a superior story. But outside of the stories, both games were repetitive. 

The collectibles are old Playboy photos, which I felt was a nice touch. 

A remaster would be nice, but that DLC was mediocre at best. Plus there’s that Explorer trophy which is a pain because it’s 1000 pointless miles. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Nothing is glitched anymore for Mafia III.  I need to do a second playthrough to collect the last few remaining trophies which I have put off but I quite enjoyed the first playthrough and 2/3 of the DLC.  I found Sign of the Times too silly.

I agree that the gameplay gets repetitive (I find this across a lot of games honestly) which is why I never did the second playthrough but New Orleans in the late 60’s is a great setting.  There is no fast travel but you are not going to want to anyway with the killer soundtrack.  And finally collectibles worth collecting!

I have owned Mafia II forever but hesitant to start because I tried to go back and play GTA IV The Ballad of Gay Tony recently and it is so dated.  The controls are so clunky and graphics really poor.  The game did not age well despite being a masterpiece in its time.  

I am at 72 plats now, thinking of making Mafia III #75 for the milestone.

1 hour ago, toothboss said:

Thinking about getting season pass soon since it is on sale. I have been looking around for the glitched trophies, are they still glitched to this day? @Spinosaurus Rex when you mean from scratch, do you just mean the DLC or the whole game? I haven't played in a very long time sorry. 

I meant whole game, unfortunately.

Danger Close trophy is unique as you need to use item you've been using through the whole "main" game, which means the counter could went over 30 if you were using them frequently. And the bad news here is that counter isn't refreshing anymore if it goes over 30 so trophy won't unlock.

That's from my experience, I've spent good amount of effort in order to work out this trophy, but the solution was very simple. There's no way to be 100% sure if this is the reason though, there's no stats present in-game. Maybe they are on 2K website if you have an account, but I didn't bother to check.

1 hour ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I meant whole game, unfortunately.

Danger Close trophy is unique as you need to use item you've been using through the whole "main" game, which means the counter could went over 30 if you were using them frequently. And the bad news here is that counter isn't refreshing anymore if it goes over 30 so trophy won't unlock.

That's from my experience, I've spent good amount of effort in order to work out this trophy, but the solution was very simple. There's no way to be 100% sure if this is the reason though, there's no stats present in-game. Maybe they are on 2K website if you have an account, but I didn't bother to check.

ok thx. so if i dont get it after trying when i hop back on the game, do i just make a new save and ill have the mines to do it or does it take a bit to get them? sorry idk lol 

5 hours ago, toothboss said:

ok thx. so if i dont get it after trying when i hop back on the game, do i just make a new save and ill have the mines to do it or does it take a bit to get them? sorry idk lol 

Go offline, delete saves, get mines and start using them on enemies marked red on the map. I've posted things I've done few posts before.

Spoiler

On 24.08.2019 at 5:29 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Roadmap of almost exact things I've done:

• Reinstalling the game (digital version), deleting saves. Turning off the online before starting the game and not turning it on until the trophy unlocked.
  • Ignoring the update game wanted me to install after launching it.
  • Proceeding as usual after cleaning one prostitution place (where you are rescuing drugged girls) to get a cash and possibility to call for supply after talking to Donovan.
  • First I've tried to do it with policemen (just like in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsF7F5Jnc8A), but it didn't work. So it's safe to ignore this step.
  • Then I've decided to do it with "normal" enemies marked red on map. Played the game casually to get more fun instead of grinding. It was basically buying the mines -> killing as most guys as possible with them -> collecting cash from racket business -> buying the mines over and over again. Basically I was throwing them at everyone marked red on map. I didn't tried to grind it in one place.
  • Trophy unlocked when I was cleaning the second racket - drugs. It took 2-3 hours from the scratch with every cutscene skipped.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if I'm just lucky or not, but the trophy popped for me with no issues. I reinstalled the game (as I had already gotten the platinum trophy last year and deleted it immediately afterwards) after buying the season pass on sale and downloaded the DLC's in release order. I don't think I used proximity mines in the base game that much either, so I probably skipped the post-30 count issue mentioned above. Just throwing my 2 cents out there for those wanting to 100% the game but cautiously holding back.

• 7 months later...

I tried everything on the internet, but nothing seemed to work, not even deleting my savedata except my most recent save. So I decided to start again from scratch just like @Spinosaurus Rex suggested, offline and without linking my 2K account. Trophy unlocked without any problem, and it seems it counted some kills I did in a failed attempt. So if you need an infallible method, that's the way. I'll try to keep playing this run to unlock the rest of the DLC trophies.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 1

On 24.05.2020 at 2:23 AM, Katt said:

I tried everything on the internet, but nothing seemed to work, not even deleting my savedata except my most recent save. So I decided to start again from scratch just like @Spinosaurus Rex suggested, offline and without linking my 2K account. Trophy unlocked without any problem, and it seems it counted some kills I did in a failed attempt. So if you need an infallible method, that's the way. I'll try to keep playing this run to unlock the rest of the DLC trophies.

I haven't touched 2K page and still had problems with this trophy. So why playing offline worked is kind of a mystery. Probably game sends stats to 2K server no matter if you linked PS4 account to 2K or not.

Anyway, I'm glad to see we've created perfect solution and it worked so far for everyone.

• Like 1

It has something to do with the profile data.

I killed 100s of enemies during my dlc playthrough (grinded out some spots), but no trophy.

I was at the first major fight of the 3rd DLC, so I decided to give that profile data deleting a try.

Trophy popped no problem after that when I reloaded checkpoints a couple of times during that fight and killed my 30th enemy. 

Seems they may have trophy counters in the profile data.

• 4 months later...

I just got it. I was starting to think it glitched on me because it felt like I’d gotten far more than 30 kills, but I think that a lot of those kills didn’t count because I would throw mines near a car, the car would explode, and it’d be the car’s explosion that kills them — not the mine. IDK that for sure, but it’s worth considering. I’m playing on Version 1.12 (the most recent patch a sequel of the writing of this post). 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...