A shy person who want break that

kotutute27

Hi , i was thinkng for 1 week about write that thing and finally i decide to do.

I'm a shy person in net ,  because of that i always hide form forums and rarely i post something on anywhere. I know forum rules and what allowed to write or talk about it but don't know how to break the weak person inside me. Like ever human i like to talk , discuss about something , meet new people and maybe help someone who need help in real life or in-games but problem is i fear form being misunderstanding(not only that , there are people like me who shy that is why i thinked maybe can be break shy inside ourself) .

I  always thinked about meet gamers not only to boost a trophy but be friend , talk about games , discuss something etc. I know there gaming sessıons section but people there are only looking people to get trophy. What if there a section to meet new people who want be friend like ourselfs?

Edited by kotutute27
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Try the chatroom. Usually people hanging out, discussing various things.

https://psnprofiles.com/chat

Hi , i tryied chat but not everyone interested . I was talk about what if i post here like ;

''Hi, i'm ... , looking people not only to boost trophy but talk. I have ... games i want boost(a long list ) , my timezone ... , i'm avabile ... , my age, language etc'' that will be better becuse person who wanna talk will be know who is that person , if she/he have same games and maybe meet in future

Edited by kotutute27

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

I would have definitely not recommended the chat room here. To each their own, I suppose.

You can always just play games you like, join gaming sessions and talk to the people you run into. You'll eventually find somebody you click with. 

Hi , i know  but 1 and half year i'm lookimg for someone , yeah i boosted some games , talked to some but still don't have a long-time friend.

I would recommend starting by making a topic in the member introductions part of the forum just outlining your interests and stuff. People will come say hi and mention similar interests.

Also, look into community events. They are a great way to meet people and just chat about your current games and stuff. That's how I started interacting more on the forums.

A bit of an aside, but your English is a bit hard to understand. Even something as simple as downloading Grammarly or putting your sentences through an English spell and grammar check will help people understand you better. There's other people with English as their second language on the forums, so maybe one of them knows of a good resource (since your English is very good, it's just some annoying technical stuff that makes it difficult to read)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I would recommend starting by making a topic in the member introductions part of the forum just outlining your interests and stuff. People will come say hi and mention similar interests.

Also, look into community events. They are a great way to meet people and just chat about your current games and stuff. That's how I started interacting more on the forums.

A bit of an aside, but your English is a bit hard to understand. Even something as simple as downloading Grammarly or putting your sentences through an English spell and grammar check will help people understand you better. There's other people with English as their second language on the forums, so maybe one of them knows of a good resource (since your English is very good, it's just some annoying technical stuff that makes it difficult to read)

Thank you so much for advice , i will try and it's first for me . About grammer you are right it's mine 4th language and i still try improve it and i will use grammarly in future thank you again.

Frankly, just participating in discussions helps.  I've gotten to know a lot of gamers naturally just by trying to actively engage in the community.  Frequent posters recognize each other, especially if they are interested in the same types of games.  After a while your network just starts expanding on its own.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helmet_time said:

Frankly, just participating in discussions helps.  I've gotten to know a lot of gamers naturally just by trying to actively engage in the community.  Frequent posters recognize each other, especially if they are interested in the same types of games.  After a while your network just starts expanding on its own.    

Thank you for advice. I'm browseing forums , but i shy to talk (there are so much reasons) but i hope i will talk .Thank you so much again.

Hello! :)

That shyness you fell about posting online and being misunderstood is perfectly understandable. However, being misunderstood is something that you shouldn't fear much as that is bound to happen at some point in your life, whether online or not. We're humans after all. Nonetheless, most of the folks around here are pretty respectful and level-headed individuals so I'd say the likelihood of running into a toxic conversation is kinda on the low side. 

A good personal tip to get to know other fellow gamers is to engage in conversations. For example, you could write Status Updates about whatever is on your mind and wait for others with a similar interest to drop by and leave you an answer. That way, a conversation may ensue. Another good idea is to check the Status Updates from other users and see if there is anything YOU may want to drop a comment. Participating in the forum also helps in finding people which you may share common interests. Talking on a regular basis will eventually form some sort of friendship with the people you know here.

In regards to what Kittet3 commented about your grammar, you could use Grammarly. English isn't my first language either but the free version of that app is more than enough to find and suggest improvements on whatever text you type online. Add it to your browser and you will see how much it will help you to improve your grammar.

Cheers! ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Hello! :)

That shyness you fell about posting online and being misunderstood is perfectly understandable. However, being misunderstood is something that you shouldn't fear much as that is bound to happen at some point in your life, whether online or not. We're humans after all. Nonetheless, most of the folks around here are pretty respectful and level-headed individuals so I'd say the likelihood of running into a toxic conversation is kinda on the low side. 

A good personal tip to get to know other fellow gamers is to engage in conversations. For example, you could write Status Updates about whatever is on your mind and wait for others with a similar interest to drop by and leave you an answer. That way, a conversation may ensue. Another good idea is to check the Status Updates from other users and see if there is anything YOU may want to drop a comment. Participating in the forum also helps in finding people which you may share common interests. Talking on a regular basis will eventually form some sort of friendship with the people you know here.

In regards to what Kittet3 commented about your grammar, you could use Grammarly. English isn't my first language either but the free version of that app is more than enough to find and suggest improvements on whatever text you type online. Add it to your browser and you will see how much it will help you to improve your grammar.

Cheers! ;)

I’m at the point where I don’t care if someone attacks me for having an opinion. That was the deciding factor in whether or not I was going to stick around, back when I was 14 - 16 years old and wasn’t quite mature enough to understand how different communities interacted with each other. 

Granted, I was a shy kid, but I eventually grew out of that and don’t give a damn if someone on Facebook decides to attack my viewpoints. 

It’s safe to say that I’m older than a lot of people on this website and I see a lot of younger members feeling misunderstood and feeling overly shy when it comes to setting up an online profile. I have pissed off a lot of people over the years but I have also gotten a lot of people to agree with me, eventually forming an “online” friendship. 

My suggestion to younger, newer members of this website is to be more active in posting. Take part in the trophy communities here, post more in status updates, express how you feel about yourself and others. I was shy too at one point back in the early - mid 2000s, but I grew out of that phase and matured.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I’m at the point where I don’t care if someone attacks me for having an opinion. That was the deciding factor in whether or not I was going to stick around, back when I was 14 - 16 years old and wasn’t quite mature enough to understand how different communities interacted with each other. 

Granted, I was a shy kid, but I eventually grew out of that and don’t give a damn if someone on Facebook decides to attack my viewpoints. 

It’s safe to say that I’m older than a lot of people on this website and I see a lot of younger members feeling misunderstood and feeling overly shy when it comes to setting up an online profile. I have pissed off a lot of people over the years but I have also gotten a lot of people to agree with me, eventually forming an “online” friendship. 

My suggestion to younger, newer members of this website is to be more active in posting. Take part in the trophy communities here, post more in status updates, express how you feel about yourself and others. I was shy too at one point back in the early - mid 2000s, but I grew out of that phase and matured.

Pretty much.

I'm an introvert kind of person so I think I have an idea of where the OP may be coming from. But yeah, I'll never understand why people attack the viewpoints of others. It's normal to disagree on a topic and to have different opinions but I believe that can always be expressed in a polite way without resorting to name calling or treating others lowly because of it. It takes a while but I guess most of us eventually end up maturing from that phase.

Another good suggestion for the OP would be to be himself when he expresses his viewpoints with others. There's really no need to put a facade in order to try and get other people's attention. Being true to yourself is probably the first step in making true friends with other individuals. At least, that's what I think.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Pretty much.

I'm an introvert kind of person so I think I have an idea of where the OP may be coming from. But yeah, I'll never understand why people attack the viewpoints of others. It's normal to disagree on a topic and to have different opinions but I believe that can always be expressed in a polite way without resorting to name calling or treating others lowly because of it. It takes a while but I guess most of us eventually end up maturing from that phase.

Another good suggestion for the OP would be to be himself when he expresses his viewpoints with others. There's really no need to put a facade in order to try and get other people's attention. Being true to yourself is probably the first step in making true friends with other individuals. At least, that's what I think.

Most of the time we don't even realize we are attacking or criticizing others.

I have been in enough flame wars to understand that they're mostly about two people or two sides not agreeing with each other. Or at the least, can't agree to disagree.

The high school mentality pops up where people resort to name calling and telling a shitty joke because they don't know anything about comedy. Then several years later they look back and see how stupid they were.

Since you come from Venezuela your perspective on life and how you perceive others may be different than someone like me. Different cultures have different aspects on life.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Most of the time we don't even realize we are attacking or criticizing others.

I have been in enough flame wars to understand that they're mostly about two people or two sides not agreeing with each other. Or at the least, can't agree to disagree.

The high school mentality pops up where people resort to name calling and telling a shitty joke because they don't know anything about comedy. Then several years later they look back and see how stupid they were.

Since you come from Venezuela your perspective on life and how you perceive others may be different than someone like me. Different cultures have different aspects on life.

That may be probably true as words can be dangerous weapons if used incorrectly.

It's how they say: there are always two sides to every story/coin/argument. There is always bound to be some sort of disagreement at some point. It'd be great if everyone agreed to be in disagreement right from the start before a flame war started.

Agreed. Different cultural backgrounds, different aspects of life most certainly have something to do with the way we interact with others.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kotutute27 said:

Hi , i know  but 1 and half year i'm lookimg for someone , yeah i boosted some games , talked to some but still don't have a long-time friend.

Noo you don't need to look someone! They should look & accept you", Me,, I have long time friends since 2001 'till current time(Internet & realife friends)",

If you want some friends, try to be good in that game(Multi player or even offline games with boards), share some of your findings & be true who you are! Somehow, someone will add you as friend! However, this is not my strategy to have friends, this only based on my experience playing with random players & got friends unconditionally",

Edit: but in this board, I think I only have 2 friends!

It's better than nothing -- Quote from Silent hill 1 hehe~

Edited by ReverzerO
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Come to PSNprofiles games threads, there are always friends to play with and have fun:).

I think he means the Forum Games (since he is there a lot?) ☺️ which is a subforum of the Off Topic and he's right. I recently discovered them and they are a blast.

3 minutes ago, journaltalk said:

I think he means the Forum Games (since he is there a lot?) 263a.png which is a subforum of the Off Topic and he's right. I recently discovered them and they are a blast.

You're right, nothing breaks a shy like joking and asking questions in forum games.

Edited by Bloodytears1666
  • Like 1

I'm shy on initial meetings and large social gatherings, but wit small groups and those I know/work with/ meet at an event like a convention etc. I lose my shyness and become talkative as there is already a common ground to talk about, be it gaming at a con or work stuff with colleagues. 

But it took me a long time to combat shyness and it was only when I emigrated on my own with no family or friends and started working that I gained confidence and lost my shyness, which was age 25! 

In terms of forums, they can get pretty heated with lots of discussion, debate be it agreement or disagreement etc. so if you're not into that then I wouldn't really recommend them. It's best to just accept that everyone is different with their own opinion (especially since on here we are all from different parts of the world, different cultures etc...), so debate and disagreemets are unavoidable.

• Like 2