Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aZombieDictator

Patch coming next week!

66 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2018 at 2:29 AM, aZombieDictator said:

I used it for like 20 minutes lol, game still crashed when I used it so I didn't even get to enjoy that aspect either. Glad to see someone else was as disappointed as I was.

 

It will be a good game in maybe a few months or a year, but as of on launch and now it's still got so many issues it's just hard to enjoy. Salt and Sanctuary will still be the greatest 2D Dark Souls. But yeah compare Deaths Gambit to any other indie that launched this year and it was by far the worst one. (At a technical standpoint) Every other indie I've played this year has been so optimized and polished then we have the runt Deaths gambit that I was super hyped for but fell flat. They really should have waited for release, would have given them a better release window that wasn't jam packed with games and would have been overall made better.

 

Salt and sanctuary makes this game look like a joke.. seriously.. it’s like comparing an Atari to a PS4.. I contacted both the main devs for deaths gambit on twitter and I also commented on deaths gambit page.. only Jean Canellas responded to my rants on debug mode and how they shouldn’t have taken it out.. in truth I was excited to use this, but came to find out about it a day late and a buck short.. I was excited to use it because I had already beaten the game legit and because as mentioned above by myself and several other members, the game is a riddled mess on PS4.. here’s what Jean said:

 

“Thanks for the feedback. We are listening. A lot of these issues have been fixed on PC already. We are working hard to patch ps4 as soon as possible.”

 

doubt that debug mode will ever return.. may come back to this game if it gets DLC or after it’s been patch a time or two.. but then again, might not.. honestly, if I went full super sweaty mode, I could beat the bosses on heroic mode, after grinding and getting my heroes’ level and stats where they need to be.. but the game is just so.. uninspired and unimaginative.. it’s like the post above mentions.. I don’t feel a sense of reward or achievement from beating bosses.. and I know you get some pretty cool drops from the heroic models of the bosses.. but I’ve seen most of these drops (all but one, endless) and it just doesn’t feel worth it.. crap rewards.. crap game.. biggest disappointment of 2018 and worst bday present I’ve had in a very long time.. 

:(

on a side note, some dude on YouTube was calling me a cry baby because of these rants.. lol.. he’s probably a PC gamer or he’s just an idiot gamer who eats up anything that manages to muster a challenge and therefore is blindly mislabeled as “soulslike,” just because of somewhat similar mechanics and the HUD (ie hp bar, magic/skills mp bar, and stamina bar).. this game is an imposter.. nothing soulslike here except for the cheap imitations mentioned above 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

 

Salt and sanctuary makes this game look like a joke.. seriously.. it’s like comparing an Atari to a PS4.. I contacted both the main devs for deaths gambit on twitter and I also commented on deaths gambit page.. only Jean Canellas responded to my rants on debug mode and how they shouldn’t have taken it out.. in truth I was excited to use this, but came to find out about it a day late and a buck short.. I was excited to use it because I had already beaten the game legit and because as mentioned above by myself and several other members, the game is a riddled mess on PS4.. here’s what Jean said:

 

“Thanks for the feedback. We are listening. A lot of these issues have been fixed on PC already. We are working hard to patch ps4 as soon as possible.”

 

doubt that debug mode will ever return.. may come back to this game if it gets DLC or after it’s been patch a time or two.. but then again, might not.. honestly, if I went full super sweaty mode, I could beat the bosses on heroic mode, after grinding and getting my heroes’ level and stats where they need to be.. but the game is just so.. uninspired and unimaginative.. it’s like the post above mentions.. I don’t feel a sense of reward or achievement from beating bosses.. and I know you get some pretty cool drops from the heroic models of the bosses.. but I’ve seen most of these drops (all but one, endless) and it just doesn’t feel worth it.. crap rewards.. crap game.. biggest disappointment of 2018 and worst bday present I’ve had in a very long time.. 

:(

on a side note, some dude on YouTube was calling me a cry baby because of these rants.. lol.. he’s probably a PC gamer or he’s just an idiot gamer who eats up anything that manages to muster a challenge and therefore is blindly mislabeled as “soulslike,” just because of somewhat similar mechanics and the HUD (ie hp bar, magic/skills mp bar, and stamina bar).. this game is an imposter.. nothing soulslike here except for the cheap imitations mentioned above 

But once you go sweaty and get to the end the game will crash on you ;)

 

And yeah Salt and Sanctuary is a masterpiece, I really hope Ska studios makes a new one. I even enjoyed Salt more than Dark Souls and enjoyed it so much I platted it twice.

 

And nah, all the complaints are 100% warranted. Game should have been pushed back, Chasm, Dead Cells, and Guacamelee 2 just made this game look even worse too, if it would have been released way after those I bet I would have enjoyed it more. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

 

some dude on YouTube was calling me a cry baby because of these rants.. 

 

Dude you are really crying, the game is pure shit You know I know And almost everybody know's move on wait for a patch or drop'it forever.

 

Edited by JhOnNY_HD
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

 

Dude you are really crying, the game is pure shit You know I know And almost everybody know's move on wait for a patch or drop'it forever.

 

 

Oh, that was you? Lol I’m not crying, I’m voicing my opinion and disappointment of a game I’ve been waiting for about a couple of years now.. the game is pure shit? I mean, I wouldn’t say THAT.. it has a lot of potential.. it just came out unpolished and instead of fixing aspects that mattered on their first two patches.. they take out a feature like debug mode.. something that might have actually made the game somewhat bearable to play.. mind you, I’m not advocating exploits, but for someone who had already beaten it legit, it’s fine to exploit in certain situations/scenarios/aspects

 

you try to be critical of something or voice your opinion and people label it as crying.. so, how then should have I had said anything at all to better suit being critical without coming off as crying?  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 9:45 PM, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

 

Oh, that was you? Lol I’m not crying, I’m voicing my opinion and disappointment of a game I’ve been waiting for about a couple of years now.. the game is pure shit? I mean, I wouldn’t say THAT.. it has a lot of potential.. it just came out unpolished and instead of fixing aspects that mattered on their first two patches.. they take out a feature like debug mode.. something that might have actually made the game somewhat bearable to play.. mind you, I’m not advocating exploits, but for someone who had already beaten it legit, it’s fine to exploit in certain situations/scenarios/aspects

 

you try to be critical of something or voice your opinion and people label it as crying.. so, how then should have I had said anything at all to better suit being critical without coming off as crying?  

No I don't post any comment in youtube.

 

The difference about being critical or crying it's for sentences like that

 

worst bday present I’ve had in a very long time.. :( "

 

There's not my first indie bug fest game with glitched trophies the only solution is wait for a patch or fall into oblivion 

Edited by JhOnNY_HD
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm do the stats you get from the debug room retain even after the latest patch? I want to keep it as my backup incase my main save file gets corrupted and dont want to repeat a normal playthrough.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'll just wait for the patch and get trophies after. I hope by then any chances of getting my save files corrupted would be zero.

Edited by AcidFueled
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AcidFueled said:

Hmm do the stats you get from the debug room retain even after the latest patch? I want to keep it as my backup incase my main save file gets corrupted and dont want to repeat a normal playthrough.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'll just wait for the patch and get trophies after. I hope by then any chances of getting my save files corrupted would be zero.

 

They remained for me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how would you guys rate the plat difficulty of this game? Its currently in sale and might pick it up.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 2:10 PM, Vern3r0z said:

how would you guys rate the plat difficulty of this game? Its currently in sale and might pick it up.

 

If you follow the various recommendations dotted around the net for what class to use, strats for the heroic boss fights and abuse cloud saves in case you waste items it's not too bad at all. Maybe a 5/10 at most. Without those things you could easily give it an 8 or 9. The heroic fights are the sole reason for that btw, the main game and the speedrun are not hard at all once you are familiar with it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jimbob12345678 said:

 

If you follow the various recommendations dotted around the net for what class to use, strats for the heroic boss fights and abuse cloud saves in case you waste items it's not too bad at all. Maybe a 5/10 at most. Without those things you could easily give it an 8 or 9. The heroic fights are the sole reason for that btw, the main game and the speedrun are not hard at all once you are familiar with it.

even without the debug room?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

even without the debug room?

 

Yeah, I've never even seen the debug room! You can get very OP very quickly if you know what you are doing. Main thing to be aware of / abuse the heck out of is the fact that you can up your damage output at the cost of one healing feather. I strongly suggest doing this for all but 1 feather for basically the whole game. Every time you find an extra feather capacity, throw it straight on damage. (You can change them back and forth at no cost whenever you want anyway)

 

If the speedrun trophy concerns you btw be aware that you have literally 2hrs of leeway if you know what to do / where to go. My first run did it in 2hrs and 29mins and I got walled on a boss because I was impatient. :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jimbob12345678 said:

 

Yeah, I've never even seen the debug room! You can get very OP very quickly if you know what you are doing. Main thing to be aware of / abuse the heck out of is the fact that you can up your damage output at the cost of one healing feather. I strongly suggest doing this for all but 1 feather for basically the whole game. Every time you find an extra feather capacity, throw it straight on damage. (You can change them back and forth at no cost whenever you want anyway)

 

If the speedrun trophy concerns you btw be aware that you have literally 2hrs of leeway if you know what to do / where to go. My first run did it in 2hrs and 29mins and I got walled on a boss because I was impatient. :P

Thanks for the responses, might get this before the sale ends.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just cheked on patch 1.08, glitch room do not work

PS i think in the first place, it was a mistake to do this glitch room. But make it and then remove, is a very strange decision🤔

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i bought this game at launch but waited to play it because i know indies often have some issues.. didn't realize that there was tons of cut content with this game which is unfortunate. also by the time i played it they had already patched out the debug room or whatever it's called. meanwhile i'd wager that 95% of the people who got the last few heroic trophies and the perfect run trophy got it by scaling up their damage immensely. it's funny people even post videos on youtube as if it's some sort of accomplishment to beat endless and other late game heroic bosses when you're doing 5000 damage every hit. 

 

i think the heroic bosses were fair too for the most part up until you get to dark knight/bysurge. dark knight is manageable but annoying and then bysurge just has a ridiculous health pool. i beat him eventually since his attacks aren't that difficult to avoid. i haven't even tried endless, amulvaro, and eldritch yet but i'm assuming they're near impossible even at level 150. did they even test these heroic bosses in development? it's not fun when you just give the boss a ridiculous amount of health.  i'll give them a shot but i don't think i could get the perfect run trophy even if i miraculously managed to beat all three of the last bosses. 

 

update: managed to beat heroic amulvaro without much trouble by using parries. tried for about 25 minutes with eldritch and it was ridiculous. not sure it's even worth pulling my hair out over the final 2 heroic bosses since i think the perfect run trophy without the debug room would be crazy. maybe i'll attempt that just to see if it's possible, and if it is then i'll try to get the last two heroics.

Edited by caseyelsie
update
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.