Read this before going for the platinum

Razzee-P

Okay so my opinion:

> No this trophy isn't missable so it shouldn't be marked as one.

> The roadmap should have included it specifically to make people aware of this random trophy

> Deleting someones feedback comment is never a good way to do things if you like it or not.

> Making a whole thread about this on a trophy that is apperently not that bad is a bit overkill.

But I do agree that the guide writer should put that little bit more effort in the guide... I do say that it is not as bad as another guide I truly believed in (starhawk PST.org) for doing stuff another way (online needed) then descriped in the guide and not checking everything he wrote...

5 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Okay so my opinion:

> No this trophy isn't missable so it shouldn't be marked as one.

> The roadmap should have included it specifically to make people aware of this random trophy

> Deleting someones feedback comment is never a good way to do things if you like it or not.

> Making a whole thread about this on a trophy that is apperently not that bad is a bit overkill.

But I do agree that the guide writer should put that little bit more effort in the guide... I do say that it is not as bad as another guide I truly believed in (starhawk PST.org) for doing stuff another way (online needed) then descriped in the guide and not checking everything he wrote...

Of course you think it's not a big deal, you haven't played the game yet. When you plan to do so, leave this trophy as the last to see for yourself. 

It may take up to days to generate the gravity disturbance you need. It's not the end of the world if you can't get the platinum as soon as possible but, if you don't have games 100% digitally, having to replace discs every few hours to check what awaits for you in-game is a real bother. What I could have done, I did. The author just decided to delete my comment, nevertheless. I made a good use of the comments section of that guide; the problem is that the author accepts only compliments on his guides, no criticism. I'm not going so far as saying that his guide was disposable, useless or something since the game is not that hard, and the only trophies I needed to read the descriptions for were related to the collectibles. Given the simple nature of this game, the very least he could have done was to alert about the Rift Hunter trophy. If he had not done his guide, someone else probably would have done (the guy who wrote one for the DLC, perhaps), so we could have a better guide available here.

Edited by Neyaru
  • Like 2

From what I've read. It seems both sides are at fault. The guide writer for not incorporating this quite useful piece of advice into the guide, and you for not reading a trophy description just because you saw there isn't anything missable.

At least a brief look at the trophies would be sufficient. Most guide writers put the most important information to the trophy description field, rather than to the roadmap. Roadmap works as an outlook on how you should play the game usually.

Plus, as many others said, it's not a missable trophy so, from the technical viewpoint, it's labeled correctly.

And those notifications were annoying, everyone would check them :awesome: 

On 8/19/2018 at 6:18 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

FinalEmblem has been on this site for a long time, and I have never seen him make a mean comment or do anything that would come across as condescending or prickish. That's why I ask.

Try saying something against Nintendo

15 hours ago, Leon Hasegawa said:

---

*hats off*

• 10 months later...

It's not missable, so I don't see how it is in any way related with what you bring up. I understand the problem you see, but relating it to missability kinda muddles the message.
However, while I understand the frustration somewhat, I don't really see the main problem here with it not being front and center. Sure, I tend to ignore the individual trophy info on a guide if there aren't any missables, then going back for certain ones or when doing clean-up, but that's not something I could really fault the writer for not taking into consideration. The info is available under the specific trophy, and they do write about doing it when you can, now would it have been helpful if it was mentioned more in the roadmap? Definitely, and that could be PMed to them as a suggestion for improving the guide, but demanding it and being rude about it just doesn't really make it likely they will listen to you. It's not like there is any factually wrong info in the guide you're complaining about

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, DiegoDolmetscher said:

Hello, guys.

Just a quick question: if I bought this game, as of June 2020, would I be able to get the platinum - even if the online services are closed down?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Italy! :D

There are no online trophies in this game and the online mode had little to no impact on the game when it was still working so yes, the Platinum is fully obtainable and will remain that way :).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There are no online trophies in this game and the online mode had little to no impact on the game when it was still working so yes, the Platinum is fully obtainable and will remain that way :).

I wholeheartedly thank you, HuntingFever! Being it so, I'm going to grab the digital copy now that it's on sale (14,99 Euros)! :D;) 

• 9 months later...

In this case it doesn't matter if the trophy isn't missable. Do we really need a guide/roadmap to tell us to play the game, and then "clean up" anything that was missed? The whole point of a "trophy guide/roadmap" is to alert you of anything you should look out for. And this is exactly the type of trophy you would want to know about beforehand, so that you do not end up wasting hours more than necessary.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@BlindMango Do you think we can get an addendum to the trophy roadmap about this trophy? This thread is old but nothing was ever done about it. The trophy is not missable, but it should be mentioned to look out for this trophy at all times. Also sorry for tagging you if this is not your forte, you're the only staff member I know who posts a lot lol.

This trophy is incredibly annoying because it seems like the gravitational anomalies are on a real-life timer and if you miss it, you could end up waiting 1-2 real time days for it to come back around. Happened to me and its VERY annoying because the anomaly came up while I was asleep and was gone by the time I could get back on the game to check it.

It would be very beneficial to warn users of this stupid trophy. If needed, I can write up an addendum for the guide and send it to the appropriate guide team member.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AyAerith said:

@BlindMango Do you think we can get an addendum to the trophy roadmap about this trophy? This thread is old but nothing was ever done about it. The trophy is not missable, but it should be mentioned to look out for this trophy at all times. Also sorry for tagging you if this is not your forte, you're the only staff member I know who posts a lot lol.

This trophy is incredibly annoying because it seems like the gravitational anomalies are on a real-life timer and if you miss it, you could end up waiting 1-2 real time days for it to come back around. Happened to me and its VERY annoying because the anomaly came up while I was asleep and was gone by the time I could get back on the game to check it.

It would be very beneficial to warn users of this stupid trophy. If needed, I can write up an addendum for the guide and send it to the appropriate guide team member.

Done! As someone who has played this game it's definitely important to point this out as it saves a lot of time for sure. I didn't tag it as missable though, because well technically it's not a missable trophy, just a massive pain if you save it for last

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

Done! As someone who has played this game it's definitely important to point this out as it saves a lot of time for sure. I didn't tag it as missable though, because well technically it's not a missable trophy, just a massive pain if you save it for last

Awesome dude! Thanks. I agree that it isn't missable but hopefully the warning will save future players a headache. I didn't even save it for last, just never got a notification that there was a gravity phenomena for the Toflug Reef the entire time I played the game (and I did Anchor's Aweigh II immediately). Now I'm sitting here checking every hour waiting for it to show up. It has not moved from one star since 1pm today (it's currently almost 11pm) so idk what the deal is or how to even fix it. Moving my clock forward on the PS5 dashboard did nothing. Guess I'll check it in the morning before work....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This trophy is annoying yeah, but I've seen in another thread that you can change the time zone to force the strange phenomena you want to appear !

From my experience, each mining site gain a star at a different interval of time. The last I needed to do taked like 6/7 hours for one more star to appear (the last of the list, the Toflug Reef if I remember well). Knowing that, I calculated how much time I needed for the 2 last stars to appear and started the game when it was the right time.

Sorry if this was already been said

Edited by Leviatanh_

The guide clearly isn't malicious as the original poster said. The guide could do with a bit more info though. Namely:

1. Each location increases its star rating over time until you eventually get a gravity disturbance and can fight the giant nevi. So by looking at the current star rating, you can guess how soon you'll see the disturbance.
  2. While the star progression is based on real world clock time, the game uses local time rather than UTC. This means you can adjust time zones to skip over the last few hours of waiting for a disturbance.