Dr. Croft & Completionist Glitch?

CrimsonRose157

11 minutes ago, Rattamauled said:

Before all this, I didn't even know Rise had problems. I picked up the 20th Anniversary Edition on release date & played it right through, got the platinum & all other trophies for 100% & didn't have a single issue.

Huh that’s good, maybe the patch I mentioned did more than I realized. It had to have fixed the problem for most people. The patch actually wasn’t out too long after the game was released as well so that’s cool.

Or the issue wasn’t as bad as people made it out to be lol.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

33 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Huh that’s good, maybe the patch I mentioned did more than I realized. It had to have fixed the problem for most people. The patch actually wasn’t out too long after the game was released as well so that’s cool.

Or the issue wasn’t as bad as people made it out to be lol.

Tbh the biggest issue in this instance at least for me is the dev silence on the matter.

All of these problems started happening after the release of patch 1.03 which just said (and still does) various bug fixes in its description. The patch has obviously caused far more problems than it fixed and something needs fixing.

Now I understand that the devs don't want to give a timeline for fixes & patches, I get the hassle that causes when they run late or miss them, but they could at least acknowledge the problem!

On social media they are continuing to promote the game all the while they are ignoring complaints & criticism over the issue. The last I checked, even on the official forums they hadn't acknowledged any problems.

There comes a point where they have to take a step back, put their hands up & admit they screwed up. Sadly Eidos Montreal/Square Enix don't seem to want to do that & haven't bothered with any sort of damage control either.

Even the Lucozade promotion advertising the game has been a farce with no-one receiving any prizes despite the fact e-mails on how to collect them should have been sent out on the 14th but never arrived. Both companies have gone very quiet about that aswell.

Edited by Rattamauled
Update.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rattamauled said:

Tbh the biggest issue in this instance at least for me is the dev silence on the matter.

All of these problems started happening after the release of patch 1.03 which just said (and still does) various bug fixes in its description. The patch has obviously caused far more problems than it fixed and something needs fixing.

Now I understand that the devs don't want to give a timeline for fixes & patches, I get the hassle that causes when they run late or miss them, but they could at least acknowledge the problem!

On social media they are continuing to promote the game all the while they are ignoring complaints & criticism over the issue. The last I checked, even on the official forums they hadn't acknowledged any problems.

There comes a point where they have to take a step back, put their hands up & admit they screwed up. Sadly Crystal Dynamics don't seem to want to do that & haven't bothered with any sort of damage control either.

Even the Lucozade promotion advertising the game has been a farce with no-one receiving any prizes despite the fact e-mails on how to collect them should have been sent out on the 14th but never arrived. Both companies have gone very quiet about that aswell.

Crystal Dynamics didn’t make Shadow of the Tomb Raider that was Eidos Montreal, But I see what you’re talking about, they aren’t saying anything, they don’t really communicate well with the customers at this point, seems to be a Square Enix trademark nowadays.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

The only good thing is that game does carry over the state of the completion rate when you start a new game plus. Although you start from scratch as your Artifact List is empty the game keeps the old rate internally. I just got the Dr. Croft trophy when I completed the "Exodus Artifact" and that's one of the two I needed to complete in the first run. The other one is "Pantheon of the Gods" which I still haven't completed in my 2nd run but I picked up the one artifact that was missing in my first run. So the game knows what artifacts are missing.

6 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Crystal Dynamics didn’t make Shadow of the Tomb Raider that was Eidos Montreal, But I see what you’re talking about, they aren’t saying anything, they don’t really communicate well with the customers at this point, seems to be a Square Enix trademark nowadays.

Yeah that's my bad, because we were talking about Rise before this I was still thinking of the Rise developer when I wrote that post. I've updated it now you've pointed it out haha.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rattamauled said:

Yeah that's my bad, because we were talking about Rise before this I was still thinking of the Rise developer when I wrote that post. I've updated it now you've pointed it out haha.

Lol yeah, it could work for both Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal. Apprently Crystal Dynamics did help Eidos with this one though, just like Eidos helped Crystal Dynamics on the previous entries.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

3 hours ago, CaylaNicole said:

Use the frame for sure, so you can see when/if things stop tracking. Hopefully you have better luck. I actually had a save from about 30 minutes before things stopped adding, i loaded it, but things are still not adding when I pick them up. San Juan, even says I have 30/27 documents, because of how many times I was able to pick some of them up. because I was so close to the end, I went ahead, and finished out the game hoping maybe it would still work. It did not, so I'm mad at myself for even wasting my time again. I put that early save on a flash drive, and maybe I'll return to it in the far future if theres ever a patch.

Annoyingly I can't get the frame working properly. Where I presume the stats would be displayed is completely clipped off the screen, I can just about see my PSN ID in the top left & the in-game location on the top right but nothing at all on the bottom of the screen.

There's nothing in Shadow itself to adjust the borders of the frame & even changing display area settings & resolution on my PS4 itself does nothing.

-Edit-

I figured it out, my TV was auto adjusting it's zoom to compensate any settings I was changing on the screen. I've disabled that feature & now it's displaying fine.

Edited by Rattamauled
  • Like 1

The reason why I can't get the 100% trophy is because San Juan says I only have 3/4 camps activated, which isn't true. The map itself shows 100%, and I also visited every camp again to make sure that I have them all, anyone have this glitch? Haven't seen anyone mention it.

I don't know how much help the frame is going to be for me. I kept a backup of my original save so I've just been region hopping to check it out.

Apparently I only collected 328/336 collectables but every region is showing as everything collected even on the frame. So although I know 8 have not worked, other than the 2 story ones, I still can't track which collectables glitched without manually looking everything up item by item.

The only thing I can do on my Deadly Obsession playthrough is watch the counter in the bottom left each time I pick something up & hope for the best that it correctly accumulates.

1 hour ago, Rattamauled said:

The artefact glitch also happens in version 1.02.

I tested that.

Both completionist and Dr croft trophies popped right after the last collectible without any delay in a new game file. I don't know how but I have to say knife upgrade glitched on me earlier.

The world is at 100% complete

Another thing is I made a ng+ file from my original save to beat deadly obsession but after that, I switched back to my original new game file to clean up stuff.

Edited by MrMike1377

41 minutes ago, CrimsonRose157 said:

Can anyone help me about Completionist trophy? I got a Dr.Croft trophy popup when I completed a few artifact set on my 2nd playthrough on Deadly Obsession difficult, but for completionist I'm so tried to completed 100% the whole game again.

I dont think 100% like that  afraid bud

The artifacts/maps each have different trackers

For the completionist, u have to 100% all maps. Dr Croft, u must 100% artifacts and artifacts ARE NOT SHOWN on maps

Whereas the Dr Croft tracker somehow carries into NG+ remaining hidden, but the maps get completely reset back to 0%

Seems that way anywhere, I'd say u either need to 100% again, or wait for a patch that will hopefully pop the trophy for u

57 minutes ago, CrimsonRose157 said:

Can anyone help me about Completionist trophy? I got a Dr.Croft trophy popup when I completed a few artifact set on my 2nd playthrough on Deadly Obsession difficult, but for completionist I'm so tried to completed 100% the whole game again.

The only way to get this trophy is to complete the game a second time and hope some artifacts won't glitch out on you again. Or wait for patch or hope that this can even be fixed with a patch. Sucks, doesn't it?

Edited by Durandal
  • Like 1

@Durandal So I’ll wait a patch then. I have completed the game 3 times, 100% the map 3 times and also glitch 3 times in a row

my %

1st 99.4

2nd 98.6

3st 99.8

It is so hopeless if I’ve do the 4th and I’ve to face the glitch again. It’s kinda waste of the time

@optimusmart I know the different between Dr.Croft and Completionist

I’ve completed the games 3 times and collected all collectible included doing everything in games 100% 3 times but the glitch that make me can’t get this trophy.

Edited by CrimsonRose157
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CrimsonRose157 said:

@Durandal So I’ll wait a patch then I have completed the game 3 times, 100% the map 3 times and also glitch 3 times in a row

my %

1st 99.4

2nd 98.6

3st 99.8

It is so hopeless if I’ve do the 4th and I’ve to face the glitch again. It’s kinda waste of the time

@optimusmart I know the different between Dr.Croft and Completionist

I’ve completed the games 3 times and collected all collectible included doing everything in games 100% 3 times but the glitch that make me not to get this trophy.

Damn, very bad luck my friend, unfortunately nothing u can do but wait for a patch then

Have the 3 games been on the same file so NG and 2 x NG+??

If so, maybe once completionist is glitched, u must do it again on a fresh game. Something saves in the background preventing 100% maps synching again....?

20 minutes ago, CrimsonRose157 said:

I have completed the game 3 times, 100% the map 3 times and also glitch 3 times in a row

Damn that really sucks and makes me loose interested in continuing my 2nd game, which I started just to get these trophies. At least the game is entertaining for the most parts.

@optimusmart 3 differrent save files slot, 3 glitch

1st save slot is my 1st

2nd save slot is NG+ deadly obession

3rd save slot is new fresh start

You can’t start NG++, NG+ is maximum. The system will block you if you start 2nd NG+

This is pop up

”Unable to create a NG+ from another NG+ SaveSlot”

You can do only 1 NG+ per one clear game save file.

@Durandal I really enjoy the game. I’m also a fan of Tomb Raider series but the glitch is too much for me lol

Edited by CrimsonRose157

How about this:

Finish a new game on any difficulty

Start a new game plus on your ng save and don't overwrite it, Then rush through it.

Switch back to New game after you beat ng+ then clean up?

I can understand the frustrations but the thing is I did my runs this way and trophy popped without any delay. 

I don't know if trophies can be unlocked in new game save file normally as I still haven't seen any other person to unlock it in ng save without a problem, So I think this is the reason I got them.

It might not work as the game is a mess right now, my knife’s upgrade glitched and had to switch to my ng+ to do the side quest again.

Hope they patch this soon.

The glitches in this game are an absolute mess, and as others have stated, it's even more frustrating that no one is saying anything. I got the season pass, and while not the biggest deal, I never got my fox tunic/bow. They finally put them up in the psn store yesterday to solve that problem. I downloaded them both, and when I started the game it said I had them. Well only the bow shows up in my inventory. I'm just honestly tired, of nothing working in this game. I'm mad at myself for doing, as second run only to have it once again stop reregistering collectibles in the last damn area. I was so close. Wondering if I should even waste my time on  DO run, since I probably will never get the plat for this game anyway. I'll probably just sell my croft edition, then pick the game up again when it's dirt cheap in PSN store, and hopefully patched up. 

I'm just wondering, for anyone here who got the completionist trophy, did you do the hidden challenge Bullseye in the flashback sequence at Croft Manor?

I didn't even know it existed until I saw someone talking about it in a thread on an Xbox forum. The people there couldn't agree on whether it counted towards the 100% or not with some saying yes & others saying no.

I'm going to be incredibly annoyed if it does as that means they put a hidden challenge in a location that is impossible to return to.

If you didn't collect the artifacts in the flashback, they still get added to your inventory anyway so I'm hoping either a similar situation applies here or it just flat out doesn't count.

For anyone wondering what Bullseye is, you have to throw weights at all 4 targets in the garden near the climbing frame in the sand.

12 minutes ago, Rattamauled said:

I'm just wondering, for anyone here who got the completionist trophy, did you do the hidden challenge Bullseye in the flashback sequence at Croft Manor?

I didn't even know it existed until I saw someone talking about it in a thread on an Xbox forum. The people there couldn't agree on whether it counted towards the 100% or not with some saying yes & others saying no.

I'm going to be incredibly annoyed if it does as that means they put a hidden challenge in a location that is impossible to return to.

If you didn't collect the artifacts in the flashback, they still get added to your inventory anyway so I'm hoping either a similar situation applies here or it just flat out doesn't count.

For anyone wondering what Bullseye is, you have to throw weights at all 4 targets in the garden near the climbing frame in the sand.

I didn't do the Croft Manor challenge and trophy popped after the last monolith in paititi.

Same about collectibles didn't collect them in the flashback.

For the people that have popped the plat, did it glitch on you the first time and not the second? Did you try anything unique after a glitch. Has anyone tried to uninstall and play without the patch? This driving me nuts. I'm so close to the plat and this damn trophy is holding me back. I love the Croft games, but this is sorrowing me on the experience.