Dr. Croft & Completionist Glitch?

CrimsonRose157

22 minutes ago, dogansen77 said:

I got Dr. Croft trophy but not %100.My friend told me that there is a letter in San Juan Library that you can take it again and again and its invisible.Can you check it if its same in your game ? I would really apreciate.

As soon as I reach my first campfire on DO I'll go back to my normal save and check. I do remember being able to read some things multiple times but not picking up a letter or anything.

EDIT:

@dogansen77

I was able to pick up 2 items again. No idea what they were as they weren't physically there. Both gave me 25xp and both triggered the "Myth, Magic & Monsters" Story Complete to appear on my screen. (Unfortunately Dr. Croft did not pop along with them. ?)

First item was in the room to the left as you enter the building. Go left from where the cross is into the other room and it's at the end where breakable wall is. Second item is right upstairs on the wall you can break away as soon as you reach the top.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

1 hour ago, dogansen77 said:

I got Dr. Croft trophy but not %100.My friend told me that there is a letter in San Juan Library that you can take it again and again and its invisible.Can you check it if its same in your game ? I would really apreciate.

It's true. Happened it both my games. In san juan it says I have 36/27 documents, because I picked it up so much.

So I think I've figured out a way to consistently get Crimson Fire & Unuratu's Amulet to register. This ties in to my theory that I posted yesterday about a threshold on the collectables accumulator causing a problem rather than the collectables themselves.

So from the experimenting I've done the last couple of days, 315-320 is where my counters stopped tracking properly & I've seen a good number of other players reporting the same thing. I'm certain that when you hit this threshold that causes documents & artifacts to stop registering on collection, (caches, crypts, tombs & most murals seem to be unaffected by the glitch & accumulate as normal), it is also what I believe stops story collectables from registering as they are all documents or artifacts.

To subvert this I reverted to an earlier save I had at the Porvenir Oil Fields. On this save I'm on Deadly Obsession on NG+ (not that either of these things should make a difference). At this point every area in the game I had access to is 100% complete with the exception of The Hidden City (which is at 99%) which only needs the final side quest (getting the Champion's Bow) to complete.

At this point I finished the Oil Fields & proceeded to San Juan Missionary. I think this is the most critical part now of getting them to trigger. I say I think it's the most critical part because at this point my collectables were on 283/336, comfortably below the threshold I've based everything off.

Once I reached San Juan Missionary, other than activating the campfire at the very start by the vehicles & using the shop, I collected absolutely nothing (I didn't even cut a flag for the challenge) & proceeded to continue the story. Once I got the Silver Box of IX Chel, that successfully registered & I finished up the San Juan story. This took me back to The Hidden City. At this point though the final side quest was now available I ignored it & continued the story.

After I hit the point of no return & triggered the final mission Etzli gave me Unuratu's Amulet which successfully registered. I continued playing up until I met the Crimson Fire & once the notification popped up about her photo I checked & that also registered. After that I completed the story & saved my game.

Since then I've also done the final side quest in The Hidden City which also successfully registered the Mask of Nahual & got me 100% for that area.

The only artifact I have left now that isn't a collectable is the Skull Manu gives for completing Star Crossed. I'm going to bed now but tomorrow I'm going to do that side quest to register the Skull & then I'll complete San Juan Missionary's collectables to see if I can trigger Completionist.

I've seen various people saying that they've had Completionist pop even though they had incomplete Artifact sets & I'm hoping that is based on having all the  sidequest & story related documents/artifacts registered.

On my first playthrough I had 99.04% completion & 100% the game & around 7 or 8 story/sidequest entries not registered as they had glitched. I'm hoping that those glitched ones equal the missing percentage.

I'll report back tomorrow hopefully with good news on how this all finishes off.

-Edit-

So I've finished everything but it hasn't paid off. I'm now sitting on total completion but with only 97.95% showing as completed, almost 2% worse than my previous playthrough & the worst I've seen anyone who's had the glitch get.

While my suggested method does guarantee that all story & sidequest documents/relics do register, unfortunately it cannot bypass the glitch that breaks completition.

At this point, I think the glitch (if it's going to trigger) is determined as soon as you start a new game or NG+. I reverted to a save multiple hours earlier during my experimenting & played it right through only to have the counter glitch in the exact same place & get stuck on 319/336. On my first playthrough the counter glitched at 326/336 so there's variation between every playthrough but once you've started one, the number/glitch locks in.

I'm certain that every time we start a new game or NG+ it's almost like there's an invisible dice roll that determines the glitch will or won't trigger & if it does, where it gets stuck.

Edited by Rattamauled

i figured out a possible problem why the artifacts are not tracked in the collection set. I reached the 100% in every region but some sets were incomplete, with a research i looked witch artifacts are not counted and i noticed that one of them i picked up recently, so i reload a save of 2 hours early and i tried again. The second time the artifact was tracked correctly, then i reloaded again the save i tried some situations. And the end i figured out that if i pick up an artifact and i die, in the few minutes after, the game reload the checkpoint losing the artifact in the set, but counting as picked up in the map. With another research i saw other artifacts that missing in the sets and i remember that in all of them i died some minutes after picked up.

So my suggestion is to be careful to not die and switch save before pick up any artifact/document, so if you die and see that the artifact glith  you can reload the old save.

Edited by verorip

14 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Hope so because NG+ is going to be Deadly Obsession lol. 

Finding it quite annoying that I can't pop Thanksgiving either. I've shot 5 turkeys with a flare and nothing.

For that trophy you have to get the "serpent's glint" ability on the pistol! be sure you use the right ammo :P 

Finished a new game plus now, and of course the artifact counter glitched again. Happened in San Juan but it doesn't have anything where you are. I loaded an older save game and it glitched in Paititi this time. I couldn't get above 319 at least when I picked up any relic or a document, caches still worked though. Not sure about the other collectibles. Anyway I deleted all my save games and I just wait till all the additional tombs will be released and they patched this game properly. At least I can do a fresh Deadly Obsession game this way, by then I should have forgotten all this crap anyway, or most of it.

Edited by Durandal

4 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Think i must of been one of the real lucky ones just completed first run on easy and got all trophies no glitches so just need to complete it on hard now.

Anything specific you did to make sure you get it?

Get all collectables before finishing the story, closing the game something to prefend data leaks or what's your take on?

Currently I'm just grabbing every possible collectable I can before progressing into the story. Pick a bit of story again and just collect everything I can again even backtracking for some items

6 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Anything specific you did to make sure you get it?

Get all collectables before finishing the story, closing the game something to prefend data leaks or what's your take on?

Currently I'm just grabbing every possible collectable I can before progressing into the story. Pick a bit of story again and just collect everything I can again even backtracking for some items

What i did was just play the story and didn't go out of my way for collectibles but everytime i picked one up i hit the touchpad when the save icon went i hit x to view collection when save icon stopped again i hit circle i hardly did any collectibles during the story, After i finished the story i started with smallest area grabbing all collectibles per area before moving on but i left about 4 side missions till i had done everything else my longest session was probably about 9 hours without closing the app.

4 hours ago, Nimera said:

For that trophy you have to get the "serpent's glint" ability on the pistol! be sure you use the right ammo :P 

I think that ability was one of the very first ones I got. :P I went through the whole game without seeing a turkey so when I looked up where and how to spawn them I was happy...until 5 turkeys later nothing. <_< I'll try on this run where I also hopefully pop Dr. Croft. 

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I think that ability was one of the very first ones I got. :P I went through the whole game without seeing a turkey so when I looked up where and how to spawn them I was happy...until 5 turkeys later nothing. <_< I'll try on this run where I also hopefully pop Dr. Croft. 

Try using the slow motion ability and hit the turkey squarely (it cannot be sideways)
Finally I got to the end of the game and I have 99.80% of game, missing an artifact from the lara notebook. I have 100% of all maps and I will start the deadly obsession now.
I did everything and both trophies didn't pop, reminds me side quests on dying light,
in which it took a patch to correct the trophy bug. bahh nevermind :D 

Edited by Nimera
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nimera said:

Try using the slow motion ability and hit the turkey squarely (it cannot be sideways)
Finally I got to the end of the game and I have 99.80% of game, missing an artifact from the lara notebook. I have 100% of all maps and I will start the deadly obsession now.
I did everything and both trophies didn't pop, reminds me side quests on dying light,
in which it took a patch to correct the trophy bug. bahh nevermind :D 

The bold may be the reason. I shot all 5 turkeys from the side. -_- 

Are you missing the Crimson Fire from Lara's Notebook? That's the one I'm missing and I'm just trying to get through deadly obsession as fast as I can right now to see what happens. I don't exactly like the idea of having to collect everything again on this difficulty so if it doesn't pop for me I may just speed through on the easiest difficulty and clean up as fast as I can. I've got nothing else to do until next month so I don't mind playing this game longer than usual.

I have the same problems, 100% the maps, got all collectibles, still not at 100%. Seeing some comments here, I checked in my game and like others, some artifacts that I KNOW I got like at the end a artifact you receive in the story DID NOT register in the artifact section, cant go back looking at them.

With SO MANY COMMENTS here, I simply put a message of advice to other gamers: PLEASE do like I did, send a twitter to Square-Enix, Eidos-Montréal, the official twitter of the game so the developers will see this problem and hopefully will soon fix it! With some polite, not "over the top anger" backlash, it may help to them to make a patch to fix these problems!

I send them this Twitter, PLEASE go see:

https://twitter.com/charlesqc79/status/1043932275744931840

@tombraider @SquareEnixUSA @CrystalDynamics #ShadowOfTheTombRaiderTombRaider_2018.png After finishing SofTR, I work to GET ALL?PS4, but SOME ARE GLITGHED! I did EVERYTHING in the game 100%, still my save says 99.4% done so CANT GET "Dr. Croft" ?:( Please PATCH THESE ERRORS to REALLY enjoy it!

6 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The bold may be the reason. I shot all 5 turkeys from the side. -_- 

Are you missing the Crimson Fire from Lara's Notebook? That's the one I'm missing and I'm just trying to get through deadly obsession as fast as I can right now to see what happens. I don't exactly like the idea of having to collect everything again on this difficulty so if it doesn't pop for me I may just speed through on the easiest difficulty and clean up as fast as I can. I've got nothing else to do until next month so I don't mind playing this game longer than usual.

Yes that's it! I think it's pathetic because this artifact should appear in the last part of the game. maybe they did it so the players would continue to play lol
It's pathetic that the competition trophy doesnt pop when I have 100% on all maps!
probably someone in paititi has begged me for a plague :P 

1 minute ago, Nimera said:

Yes that's it! I think it's pathetic because this artifact should appear in the last part of the game. maybe they did it so the players would continue to play lol
It's pathetic that the competition trophy doesnt pop when I have 100% on all maps!
probably someone in paititi has begged me for a plague :P 

It's especially annoying as it is an artifact that is friggin given to you. It's not something you have to go searching for. :angry: Not to mention one of, if not the, last artifact in the game making the entire situation seem very troll-ish.

I guess I was just lucky with Completionist. I only had a few sessions where I played, or kept the game on, for a long period of time so maybe that helped me. :dunno: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

It's especially annoying as it is an artifact that is friggin given to you. It's not something you have to go searching for. :angry: Not to mention one of, if not the, last artifact in the game making the entire situation seem very troll-ish.

I guess I was just lucky with Completionist. I only had a few sessions where I played, or kept the game on, for a long period of time so maybe that helped me. :dunno: 

Don't worry bud i will not allow trolls, I've been through something similar in other games. this platinum is going to be mine or that I have to change my name to lara croft!
Hell yeah :D

• Like 1

My collectible trophies did not glitch on my easy run. After every artifact I pressed the square tab button to view the collectible in the menu. Felt like it would not glitch this way.

When there were multiple items, I waited until the game saved and the text displayed was removed before picking up the next, as rushing to collect certain artifacts could be a cause to the problem

Edited by Erkawest

On 9/22/2018 at 5:40 PM, Erkawest said:

Yes it is given. I think according to others, you should Dr Croft on your NG+ run after completing 1 set

Quick question as I'm nearing the end of my DO run. When you say completing 1 set, does it matter which set? I could actively hunt down all of the artifacts in any set and it'll work? I'm not asking as in a guaranteed answer, but more of a "maybe it'll work". :P 

@Nimera

Yup...it was shooting a turkey from the front that triggered it. :facepalm: 

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

lmfao well I have zero idea what triggered it, but Dr. Croft popped at the end of the section where you go through the Seven Stations. I skipped the scene as soon as I could when we get the box and it popped the moment I was dropping into the water.

What a weird ass trophy.

At the end of that section you get the Silver Box of IX Chel which would have completed your Path of the Stars artifact set.

I presume that was your second playthrough? If it was, there's a good chance completing that set completed the relevant number of sets Dr Croft require to trigger. The completed sets bizarrely accumulate over multiple playthroughs rather than just one so if your game glitches on the first playthrough, Dr Croft can trigger early in your second playthrough.

5 minutes ago, Rattamauled said:

At the end of that section you get the Silver Box of IX Chel which would have completed your Path of the Stars artifact set.

I presume that was your second playthrough? If it was, there's a good chance completing that set completed the relevant number of sets Dr Croft require to trigger. The completed sets bizarrely accumulate over multiple playthroughs rather than just one so if your game glitches on the first playthrough, Dr Croft can trigger early in your second playthrough.

Yeah it was my second. On the first the only artifact I was missing was Crimson Fire from Lara's Notebook. I'm just really glad it popped in this playthrough for any reason.

And having just finished Deadly Obsession the plat is mine. T^T