Dr. Croft & Completionist Glitch?

CrimsonRose157

So I guess I'm one of the lucky ones - I actually got both trophies with no issues today :dance:

A few things to note from my experience:

• I have the physical version
  • I finished the story before finding most of the collectibles.
  • I quit to the main menu, then closed the app every time I was finished with the game for the day
  • I didn't switch back and forth between in-game save slots
  • For the "That's a Knife!" trophy I made sure to buy the first upgrade at the marketplace before doing the side mission (To not glitch the trophy from unlocking)
  • I did all the side missions before focusing on 100%ing each region.
  • Dr. Croft & Completionist were the last trophies I focused on in my playthrough
  • At the end of it I focused on remaining collectibles, one region at a time, making a cloud backup after finishing each region
  • I didn't pick up a couple maps that reveal collectibles in the game, so those don't seem to matter.
  • Initially I didn't closely examine each collectible (Rotate it until it gives more information) and didn't always press the touchpad when finding a collectible (Though I did every time when finding all my remaining collectibles at the end).
  • Finished story and did most trophies on patch 1.03, finished up collectibles and got Dr. Croft & Completionist on patch 1.04
Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

So I guess I'm one of the lucky ones - I actually got both trophies with no issues today :dance:

A few things to note from my experience:

• I have the physical version
  • I finished the story before finding most of the collectibles.
  • I quit to the main menu, then closed the app every time I was finished with the game for the day
  • I didn't switch back and forth between in-game save slots
  • For the "That's a Knife!" trophy I made sure to buy the first upgrade at the marketplace before doing the side mission (To not glitch the trophy from unlocking)
  • I did all the side missions before focusing on 100%ing each region.
  • Dr. Croft & Completionist were the last trophies I focused on in my playthrough
  • At the end of it I focused on remaining collectibles, one region at a time, making a cloud backup after finishing each region
  • I didn't pick up a couple maps that reveal collectibles in the game, so those don't seem to matter.
  • Initially I didn't closely examine each collectible (Rotate it until it gives more information) and didn't always press the touchpad when finding a collectible (Though I did every time when finding all my remaining collectibles at the end).
  • Finished story and did most trophies on patch 1.03, finished up collectibles and got Dr. Croft & Completionist on patch 1.04

The differences for me as i also had no glitches and everything popped when it should of done was i played using digital copy, I jumped between all 3 save slots, Once i completed the game i went and got all maps/backpacks first then cleared the game region by region.

• Like 1

The game has a hidden counter of items you can hold.

Picking up armor, crafting new bags for more ammo etc it all counts up to that maximum number you can have

people like me are extra fucked because I got the croft edition which adds a bunch of extra armors and shit thus you have to play the game from a new file, dont upgrade anything and only focus on the collectables. That how some people on steam found out it glitched for them.

Just now, Lorajet said:

Thanks for the answer.  Geez, that really sucks, what a bummer.

I'm currently messing around with my save trying to get 100% completionist trophy but it glitches out no matter what. I can't be bothered to do a full clean run again until it's patched. Such a shame the longer I'm screwing around with this game the shitter the game feels >.>

1 minute ago, Deluziion90 said:

I'm currently messing around with my save trying to get 100% completionist trophy but it glitches out no matter what. I can't be bothered to do a full clean run again until it's patched. Such a shame the longer I'm screwing around with this game the shitter the game feels >.>

I know they just released a patch for Shadow, but it appears it isn't addressing the issues.  Maybe I'll wait a bit longer before the purchase, and I'll follow your steps to try to get through the game.  Hate playing a game with constraints like this. Might focus on Spider-Man instead. ?

10 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I know they just released a patch for Shadow, but it appears it isn't addressing the issues.  Maybe I'll wait a bit longer before the purchase, and I'll follow your steps to try to get through the game.  Hate playing a game with constraints like this. Might focus on Spider-Man instead. 1f61e.png

I've played Spiderman as well and got it platinum. Go for that one it's great fun and no glitches or these stupid things :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Have you gone into NG+ as most people the collectible trophy will pop during NG+ run?

I finished the DO with 55% in which I ignored almost everything but story
2 funny things: first i got the only artifact i missed on the normal save, and when i finished the game and came back to that save my percentage was 97%.
I will try to collect everything again and pray that i have at least one of the trophies.

5 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Have you gone into NG+ as most people the collectible trophy will pop during NG+ run?

No because I still need completionist as well. 

I'd rather wait for a patch delete all my save files and start from scratch. I'm killing my experience with the game right now and that's not something I want to do as I really like the tomb raider series and it's just frustrating me at the moment. So just doing other games in the meanwhile ^^

• Like 1

SOLUTION TO PLATINUM GLITCH*** PLEASE READ ALL:

For those having 100% on all maps, but 99% overall and some artifacts did not register. I had the same issue with my first play through stuck 99.52% despite collected everything. I had 7 missing sets of artifacts on the menu. THIS IS THE REASON WHY. There seems to be an inventory issue with this game.

I have bought every single weapon and outfits and increase capacity from merchants on my first place through while collecting all the collectibles. I also bought the Croft edition (physical copy + redeem code) so I started the game with additional weapons and outfits. As a result, in the end your inventory is full - I noticed that for some crypts I solved near the end, the outfit that I am supposed to receive did not even show up at my base camp (when I was trying to restore the outfit to see what it looks like) even though there is a notification saying I have received the outfit. This is the same reason why artifacts did not register - because your inventory is full.

***So since you cannot delete DLCs on PS4, I completely uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, did not download the DLCs for additional outfits for the Croft edition. Started a new game (not new game+, because if you do new game+, you will still have inventory issue because your weapons and outfits carry over), DID NOT BUY ANY WEAPONS OR OUTFITS FROM MERCHANTS, collected all the artifacts but did not solve any of the crypts (did collect the collectibles in the crypts but did not pick up the crypt outfit itself) - so that way - all my artifacts (relics, documents, mololiths, murals) all registered on my main menu - COMPLETED THE STORY, then went back and picked up the crypts (since outfits do not count towards 100% completion), as long as you completed your crypt, you're good - and the crypt outfits did also register since I did not buy additional outfits or weapons from merchants so it mitigated the inventory issue.

I did get the Dr. Croft and 100% completionist trophy as all my artifacts did register this time around. It was a pain in the ass because it was essentially doing everything twice, but for those that want the trophy - this is the best way to do it***

FYI: I did redownload the Croft edition outfits after I got the Dr. Croft & 100% completion trophies and then bought all outfits and weapons (since I had so much gold pieces since I did not spend on anything) and now I do have everything in the game for deadly obession play through (not that I need it, but its nice to have every outfit or weapon). EDIT: It is weird that the outfits / weapons for Croft edition and purchased from merchants take up your inventory for artifacts, but once you collected all artifacts, the outfits / weapons still register when you purchase them after or redownload the DLCs after, this is probably due to the fact they cant really deny you DLC outfits because some people will obviously buy the season's pass later 

Edited by QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

The game has a hidden counter of items you can hold.

Picking up armor, crafting new bags for more ammo etc it all counts up to that maximum number you can have

people like me are extra fucked because I got the croft edition which adds a bunch of extra armors and shit thus you have to play the game from a new file, dont upgrade anything and only focus on the collectables. That how some people on steam found out it glitched for them.

That's interesting, yeah I didn't really craft much more outfits than I had to for trophies, or crafted anything more than needed, and so on. I also didn't get the Croft Edition or used any of the pre-order codes or anything. I wonder if that could affect it though, I remember the scenario is basically what screwed me out of a couple trophies in Medal of Honor Warfighter which has made me hesitant to download pre-order stuff ever since

Edited by BlindMango

14 minutes ago, QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui said:

SOLUTION TO PLATINUM GLITCH*** PLEASE READ ALL:

*snip*

Thanks for doing what I thought was the solution. Now I know how to get the platinum.

I'll probably uninstall everything and do it this way.

Did you get the side quests completed though I'm missing that part?

Thanks for doing what I thought was the solution. Now I know how to get the platinum.

I'll probably uninstall everything and do it this way.

Did you get the side quests completed though I'm missing that part?

I completed the side quests as I saw them (I know there are a few side quests that do give you additional weapons or outfits or lockpicks or rope ascender). So in short, I did not wait until I collected all the artifacts to do the side quests that gave me additional "junk"

The reason is why I did not wait is a calculated reason: since I bought all weapons and upgrades including the increase capacity for arrows, pistols, sachels, etc. during my first play through and only 7 artifacts did not register (not like a huge amount such as 20) . Even if I get some stupid additional outfits or weapons from side missions, it wont create an inventory issue since I bought like 20+ items all together the first time, so even if you do receive some items the second time from side missions, it is still ok. I am also pretty sure you're still ok even if you collected the outfits from crypts, but I purposely collected the collectibles first and finished the story and then solved the crypts (since there are like 8 of them) just to be on the safe side of things (dont want to waste another 15 or so hours)

• Like 1

Just now, QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui said:

I completed the side quests as I saw them (I know there are a few side quests that do give you additional weapons or outfits or lockpicks or rope ascender). So in short, I did not wait until I collected all the artifacts to do the side quests that gave me additional "junk"

The reason is why I did not wait is a calculated reason: since I bought all weapons and upgrades including the increase capacity for arrows, pistols, sachels, etc. during my first play through and only 7 artifacts did not register (not like a huge amount such as 20) . Even if I get some stupid additional outfits or weapons from side missions, it wont create an inventory issue since I bought like 20+ items all together the first time, so even if you do receive some items the second time from side missions, it is still ok. I am also pretty sure you're still ok even if you collected the outfits from crypts, but I purposely collected the collectibles first and finished the story and then solved the crypts (since there are like 8 of them) just to be on the safe side of things (dont want to waste another 15 or so hours)

Ok, Great to hear I'll try a fresh start without the dlc stuff and fully focus on all collectables only.

I'll probably only do the side quest for the knife + the 2 useable items needed for collectables 

Ok, Great to hear I'll try a fresh start without the dlc stuff and fully focus on all collectables only.

I'll probably only do the side quest for the knife + the 2 useable items needed for collectables 

No problem. If you can gimme a like, that will be great =)

I read that you were originally planning to wait for a patch to solve this issue. I can safely say it likely wont happen. I emailed Square Enix about this and explained my inventory issue after my 1st play through because I was so frustrated and REALLY did not want to start another one for it to potentially not work... and they said they are investigating it, but cant comment whether they will provide a solution to the glitch or not... so I would say its unlikely because all different people have different artifacts not registering depending on the order they collected them. Square Enix cant just go to thousands of PlayStation accounts to determine who has enough artifacts to "really" qualify for 100% and who doesnt qualify for 100% and award the players the trophy that way. They really cant be bothered anyway since it is a singleplayer game and if you already bought the game, they already earned their money lol... so from my perspective, if I'm the developer, I cant really see a way to fix this issue either. It is too much of a pain in the ass for them for little or no gain. 

8 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

But do go in the crypts initially and get the documents, artifacts, relics and murals though if you are planning to follow my method. Just get the actual crypt thing afterwards. Since you do get 2 additional artifacts automatically during the final mission. For me, I want to do the final mission first before the crypts so that I am sure that the final 2 artifacts from the final boss mission in fact did register before collecting stupid outfits

I'll skip the part where I explain my situation with this game's collectable glitch since my experience does not differ from everybody else who posted here. Both :bronze: Dr. Croft and :gold: Completionist glitched on my initial playthrough, despite having 100% completion in every area of the game (99.87% overall completion). With the latest patch installed (1.04), my completion of the Mission of San Juan dropped from 100% to 98%, as I had apparently missed one Relic and two Documents, despite the previous patch of the game (1.03) displaying that I had 100% in this specific area. After a brief exploration through the Mission, I was able to pinpoint which exact two Documents and single Relic had glitched on me. They were not visible in-game, but they still had the ':square:' prompt over their previous positions. Upon collection, I would receive the associated experience for the collectable, however it would not appear in the bottom left corner of the screen as per usual. Following this discovery, I decided to investigate the same collectables on my New Game Plus save file, only to find out that the same collectables were invisible again. Originally I had planned to attempt collecting everything again on my New Game Plus playthrough, as completing a single Artifact collection (Expedition Unknown) here was enough to pop :bronze: Dr. Croft, but after this discovery, I discontinued my 100% journey there.

Recently @BlindMango and I collaborated on writing the trophy guide for Shadow of the Tomb Raider. He also informed me that with the latest patch installed (1.04), he earned all of his trophies without hassle. Knowing this on top of what @QQ_Liu_Xin_Rui just revealed to us, has now inspired me to delete my game and reinstall it without any of the Croft Edition bonuses (which I had preordered digitally). I will be sure to post in here if it works once I am done, as well as update our trophy guide with this solution.

In summary, starting a fresh save file with the latest patch installed and all bonus content removed should pop your trophies normally, as long as you avoid purchasing additional weapons, outfits, and inventory items (with the exception of the rope ascender and lockpick, as these utensils are necessary for securing 100% game completion).

Edited by ddracarys

After reading the above comments i was curious about the full inventory! obviously I would like other players to try this method and explain here if this is really the problem.
What's weird is having completed everything and after my DO run it disappeared 3 documents and a relic in my main save. I will not lose 10 more hours to try anything, there are other good games to play ?

Well if it really is an inventory issue, that would also go a very long way in explaining the my inventory is full dialog spam.

I could never figure out why Lara said that so many times when I was trying to pick up collectables (there would literally be nothing else near or around to pick up & she'd say it when I picked up a collectable). It's almost like the game itself was trying to communicate the issue.

I've just thought, anyone who has linked their Square Enix account & done the social media stuff for the Gold weapons is at a further disadvantage & that's an extra 5 weapons you get given that will be added onto your tally.

Edited by Rattamauled