Final Fantasy XV New DLC Trailer, Includes Tomb Raider

LuciaRosethorn

So even more DLC is heading to Final Fantasy XV, what a shock. Currently there's seven DLC packs which is pushing it already, now there's three crossovers along with three or four more DLC coming next year. At this point it has stopped being a Final Fantasy game and has became a way to try to make money by having crossovers with every other game, which is fine but not with games which are the complete opposite of Final Fantasy.

The new DLC will be free and comes out 25th September. I honestly feel sorry for those who brought the limited edition, the season pass or the royal edition since it doesn't mean much at this point considering how unfinished it was. It would be best to wait for it to be finished and to go on sale otherwise that's a lot of money for a game which isn't worth it.

https://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xv-crossover-terra-wars-shadow-tomb-raider/ 

Edited by LuciaRosethorn
  • Like 2

When did Final Fantasy sink so low that it's now just used to advertise other games? ?

I bought the Deluxe Edition at launch, but it became apparent to me that the game was unfinished, so I decided to hold off until they stopped releasing patches and DLC. I thought it would take about a year. Well, here we are two years later, and it looks like this will still be going on for the foreseeable future. I can't imagine how much money it would take to get all the DLC with just the base game at this point, but I do know it's not worth it. Maybe one day when they release the Super Mega Definitive Edition that has all the content I'll finally play it.

• Like 2

I feel like Square are overcompensating a bit with all this stuff they keep adding to FFXV. I feel these things would be more appropriate to the MMO than a (for the most part) single-player game. And maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the people who already bought previous versions of the game didn't get left out. There's no way I'm buying the same game again for all this other stuff that doesn't seem very appealing to me to begin with.

Edited by Redgrave

Nice! if its free, thats awesome! I dont know if ill care to play it though. I still need to fight adamntoise to get my plat though, maybe ill go back and check out these freebies while im at.

I don't see a problem with this kind of free cross promotion style DLC. It has no effect on the story or anything, and it's free, so whatever. I actually wish more companies would do stuff like this. Given it's all free.

All the paid DLC is what bugs me about this game. Mainly the fact that you have to buy so much to get a real understanding of the whole story, and that even now the story is still full of holes. It definitely makes me glad that I just rented it. I will absolutely go back to it once the truly complete edition launches, but that still seems a ways off.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:38 PM, n100kater said:

Let's just hope comrades get a fix. Some missions are to hard ai is not really helpful. 

i see difficulty as a test. the brute force method sometimes works ie trying many many times.

this alone costs patience and maybe sanity.