nyonmyan

List of Censored Games

299 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fenrir54565 said:

Yooka-Laylee  had JonTron removed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MCS0wanpUQ

 

He was removed with the day 1 patch, thus can be restored if you use the digital downgrade trick and restore the game to v1.00 but be aware that the game is very buggy without the latest patch installed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this interesting

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/12/fan-service-genre-is-being-driven-away-little-by-little-says-senran-kagura-producer/73111/

God of War 1 and ascension censored in  Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVB3udRLDfU

Fate/Extella Gilgamesh costume changed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u_yTBl9oGM

 Puyo Puyo Tetris character name change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXxGAr6j8Cc

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone artwork changed In english version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTMvxJLJ0Q

Yakuza 6 changed in update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VevkOsXRfU

Agony censored worldwide 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90vjZidWNDw

Haruoto Alice Gram censored on playstation uncensored on pc

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/12/haruoto-alice-gram-snow-drop-delayed-on-ps4-due-to-censorship/73105/

 

Edited by fenrir54565
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 5:27 PM, fenrir54565 said:

Found this interesting

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/12/fan-service-genre-is-being-driven-away-little-by-little-says-senran-kagura-producer/73111/

God of War 1 and ascension censored in  Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVB3udRLDfU

Fate/Extella Gilgamesh costume changed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u_yTBl9oGM

 Puyo Puyo Tetris character name change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXxGAr6j8Cc

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone artwork changed In english version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTMvxJLJ0Q

Yakuza 6 changed in update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VevkOsXRfU

Agony censored worldwide 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90vjZidWNDw

Haruoto Alice Gram censored on playstation uncensored on pc

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/12/haruoto-alice-gram-snow-drop-delayed-on-ps4-due-to-censorship/73105/

 

 

I think Ascension was censored only in the English version, because the Italian description was already different before the change, at least.

 

EDIT: by "English version" i meant when the system language is set to English.

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:05 PM, Walt the Dog said:

https://kotaku.com/steam-is-banning-sex-games-with-young-looking-character-1830949017

 

Might be interesting to some of you who are championing Steam on the grounds of them not giving any fucks. :awesome:

they have also banned games that have been edited down to all ages version

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/12/valve-reneges-on-not-being-the-taste-police-bans-hello-goodbye-vn-from-steam/72946/

the only good thing I can say about steam is that at least  it doesn't force games to be censored as much as sony

Edited by fenrir54565
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take 13 minutes of your life to watch this video, please. It could affect not just PlayStation but a lot of other things too and make things a lot worse. If you live in the United States and you are fighting censorship, you should definitely watch this video.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fenrir54565 said:

tales of xillia 1 and 2 censored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGiHiKLUqJM&t=4s

apparently both the atelier Arland trilogy and Dusk trilogy were censored in the west had ages and dialogue changed

https://steamcommunity.com/app/527270/discussions/0/133256080237304835/

AFAIK, all of the Pre-Burst Re:Newal - Senran Kagura games had the Girls ages either changed or removed but that was the extent of the changes.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's more of a literal vs localization type of argument. Also Atelier games have dub, or they used to have one. So you basically play the game with dubtitles, like with most JRPG, but I think the context of the scenes is pretty apparent with jap audio. Senran does not have a dub, but XSEED still changed stuff like Shiki's personality so that she speaks French instead of English. I would say Arland case is very debatable, though Esty's surname change was hated by everyone. At the very least, I wouldn't trust someone who claims Mimi's yuri crush was edited out, you'd have to be very dense playing the game thinking that.

Edited by mecharobot
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

That's more of a literal vs localization type of argument. Also Atelier games have dub, or they used to have one. So you basically play the game with dubtitles, like with most JRPG, but I think the context of the scenes is pretty apparent with jap audio.

 

Yeah, if we start including shitty localizations... well, this list would be a lot longer.

 

21 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

At the very least, I wouldn't trust someone who claims Mimi's yuri crush was edited out, you'd have to be very dense playing the game thinking that.

 

Exactly. I don't know how someone could think that either. Did he even play the same game? I wouldn't be surprised if it was toned down a bit, but regardless, it's still very apparent.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:05 PM, Walt the Dog said:

https://kotaku.com/steam-is-banning-sex-games-with-young-looking-character-1830949017

 

Might be interesting to some of you who are championing Steam on the grounds of them not giving any fucks. :awesome:

 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:05 AM, HuntingFever said:

It's always 1 step forward, 3 steps back where Steam is concerned :(.

apparently steam is banning the games because of a US law about child exploitation wonder if that's the reason why sony is censoring games

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/12/valve-now-bans-games-on-steam-for-child-exploitation-school-settings-according-to-dev/73665/

hitman 2 censored for the Hitman Trilogy HD rerelease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVbqmDyXdFo

Resident Evil 4  might of been censored on playstation Ashley breast physics removed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23WNqVBZyGE

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Song of Memories delayed. Some minor changes to please ratings boards.

 

 

Edited by Jigsy1
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.12.2018 at 2:10 AM, fenrir54565 said:

apparently both the atelier Arland trilogy and Dusk trilogy were censored in the west had ages and dialogue changed

https://steamcommunity.com/app/527270/discussions/0/133256080237304835/

That dude on Steam forum makes some serious claims, but with no concrete examples, sadly. I will try to see the difference between text and JP audio in Atelier DX.

 

4 hours ago, Jigsy1 said:

Song of Memories delayed. Some minor changes to please ratings boards.

They changed character ages and "School" to "Academy", but delay itself is not related to censorship. Still worth it to put it on the list.

 

Anyway, I will add remaining stuff when I'll have more time. Feel free to point out if I have missed anything.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brave Neptunia might be censored. A truncated image of Nep's pantyshot has been uploaded onto the PlayStation website https://archive.is/i38B4 as opposed to the full image.

Edited by Jigsy1
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following Jigsy1's post:

 

A lot of energy from our friend here (I like that) but let's focus in the comparison.

 

I have a super bad feeling.

Edited by Katt
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the Korean version  of persona 5 changed Ryuji design had a flag removed from his shoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86mqS9i_wWA

siren blood curse censored in the us uncensored in europe and japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImhmvFNdTNE

mortal kombat vs dc universe censored in the us uncensored in europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_x3GIeFkj8

call of duty black ops 2 censored mp map and little big planet censored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMqAeaFXE3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAexrXmpsuo

resistance fall of man and no more heroes heroes censored in japan had blood removed

Edited by fenrir54565
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re: Brave Neptunia/Super Neptunia RPG again.

 

Saw this on 4chan. The onsen CG...

 

Spoiler

uQH1HP9.jpg

 

vs. the CG image featuring less Steam. (And Vert's ass hasn't been cropped out, either.)

 

Spoiler

UKes11c.jpg

 

That said, only the PS4 version is out at the moment, so I don't know if the former will effect all versions of the game or if it'll be just limited to the PS4 version.

 

Also, someone confirmed that the Nep pantyshot is in the PS4 version. (At least in the Japanese version. The English version isn't out until next June.)

Edited by Jigsy1
Someone noticed Vert's ass being censored which I'm reflecting the post.
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:18 AM, Jigsy1 said:

re: Brave Neptunia/Super Neptunia RPG again.

 

Saw this on 4chan. The onsen CG...

 

  Reveal hidden contents

uQH1HP9.jpg

 

vs. the CG image featuring less Steam. (And Vert's ass hasn't been cropped out, either.)

 

  Reveal hidden contents

UKes11c.jpg

 

That said, only the PS4 version is out at the moment, so I don't know if the former will effect all versions of the game or if it'll be just limited to the PS4 version.

 

Also, someone confirmed that the Nep pantyshot is in the PS4 version. (At least in the Japanese version. The English version isn't out until next June.)

they also censored image of Vert playing games

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/12/brave-neptunia-on-ps4-gets-censored-nintendo-switch-version-remains-uncensored/73909/

silent hill homecoming censored in Australian and German

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aus9X9yXTuo

 

Edited by fenrir54565
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider have been censored in various parts of the world: 

 

 

Resident Evil 2 getting heavily censored in Japan: 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any word on if the Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition has been censored or not?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.