Any tips on errand boy??

YT-Switchblade

There are many throughout the game. I only did two during chapter 2, and then I got three more right at the start of chapter 3.

I have a bunch more now during chapter 4 just from randomly talking to people around the camp.

There's no hurry to get it done as soon as possible. There are two requests that can be done right at the end of the game, so even if you only get one more done by the end of chapter 4 you should be fine.

• Like 3

Just now, Shadiochao said:

There are many throughout the game. I only did two during chapter 2, and then I got three more right at the start of chapter 3.

I have a bunch more now during chapter 4 just from randomly talking to people around the camp.

There's no hurry to get it done as soon as possible. There are two requests that can be done right at the end of the game, so even if you only get one more done by the end of chapter 4 you should be fine.

Thanks for the reassurance, I've seen the list of available errands and there are so many from chapter 2 so if I only walk away with 2 out of 5 needed it felt kinds bad

29 minutes ago, TartanArmy41 said:

Thanks for the reassurance, I've seen the list of available errands and there are so many from chapter 2 so if I only walk away with 2 out of 5 needed it felt kinds bad

I did all 5 on ch 2, but got like 3 extra on ch3 from just doing story

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I had one more to turn in to get the trophy during Chapter 4 - Dutch's Pipe, but Dutch was pretty much a quest giver or unavailable for the entire rest of the game. So Now i'm hoping i'll get a request from Uncle in Epilogue 2. Crappy tricky trophy this is.

I'm not sure you'll be able to. Errands are - to my knowledge - available in chapter 2-4.

I finished the game and had no errands from anyone in the epilogue.

For anyone else I got them, and suggest doing them prior to finishing chapter 4 before:

Spoiler

Robbing the bank, as that ends chapter 4 and you'll have no more chances to receive errands at that camp

Just spend time during the day in the camp and do some chores for honor and people are bound to come to you with them. Additionally I don't think you'll be able to get them during the beginning of chapter 4 until:

Spoiler

You get Jack back, them the gang gets back to normal back in camp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valkirye22 said:

Just spend time during the day in the camp and do some chores for honor and people are bound to come to you with them. Additionally I don't think you'll be able to get them during the beginning of chapter 4 until:

Hide contents

Yeh, that seems to be when they start giving out requests. I was only able to get a hunting mission from Uncle (I think) after that happened. 

10 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

I'm not sure you'll be able to. Errands are - to my knowledge - available in chapter 2-4.

I finished the game and had no errands from anyone in the epilogue.

For anyone else I got them, and suggest doing them prior to finishing chapter 4 before:

Reveal hidden contents

Robbing the bank, as that ends chapter 4 and you'll have no more chances to receive errands at that camp

Reveal hidden contents

According to the official guide here thjrcc1lnsu11.jpg

There is one request from Uncle and one from Charles in Epilogue 2. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TartanArmy41 said:

I've only 2 story missions left in chapter 2 before the camp moves and so far I've only gotten errands from Jack and Pearson only and no matter the time or date I can't seem to get anyone to ask me for things, any tips? 

i just kept walking around camp at certain times and doing dialog with everyone, i had 4 done in chapter 2. i finally just decided to go to chapter 3 and immediately 3 quests came up. sometimes if i talk to everyone and nothing happens, i save and exit. turn game off. then start back up and another one will come right up. also sometimes i had to do another mission for one to come up. 

11 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I did all 5 on ch 2, but got like 3 extra on ch3 from just doing story

exactly me 2

2 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Has anyone found if you can view your completed requests? Only the current requests are in the tasks log and completed tasks don't seem to be recorded anywhere

Yup. login to your account at Rockstar Social Club. Select Games, RDR2, and Achievements. You should see "Errand Boy" Trophy with a percentage below it. 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% or 100%. Each percentage stage is 1 completed Errand.

Though I think the stats only appear once you complete 2 errands, so at 40% (not 100% sure on this point).

Edited by Eshaal

3 hours ago, Eshaal said:

Yup. login to your account at Rockstar Social Club. Select Games, RDR2, and Achievements. You should see "Errand Boy" Trophy with a percentage below it. 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% or 100%. Each percentage stage is 1 completed Errand.

Though I think the stats only appear once you complete 2 errands, so at 40% (not 100% sure on this point).

Thanks for that, I guess they don't give the stats for whose tasks you've completed? I forgot who I have done them for so I was trying to work out who to keep trying to talk to when I return to camp.

1 hour ago, BEN1995_UK said:

If it helps I believe they carry over into different chapters. Like I had a request from Tilly for a necklace in chapter three and I gave her the necklace in chapter four so I guess as long as you have the request there isn’t a rush to get it done. 

They do carry over but not forever. Dutch's pipe request disappears after chapter 4 (I think) so there is a slight rush.

I got this trophy quite early and my tip would be: just do everything all the time before going for the story missions.
If you look on the map and see yellow spots for story missions but also white spots for sidequests etc., do the white ones first and only go for yellow if nothing else is available.
Return to camp regularly and speak a lot with people in your camp, play games with them in the camp (dominoes and poker etc.) and then the requests and the trophy will come naturally.
A lot of times you will already have the needed item (many want some common stuff that you probably collect all the time) which means that you can turn in the request right away. If you explore a lot you may even have some of the specific items like the pipe or the comic book already. (although it might also be possible that these only spawn after you got the request because I f.ex. explored the school in Pleasance before I got the request for the book and I can't tell if the book wasn't there or if I simply overlooked it back then, but I had to go there again to get the book when I got the quest) If you don't have the item, go for them when you get the request and treat it like a fun sidequest :)

tl;dr: don't rush the story and try to socialize a lot in camp and this trophy will not be an issue :)

It seem like you can only have a certain amount of open requests at a time. I started chapter 2 and got new requests, but the log was never updated with them.

Restarted my last save and gave Jack his comic and got the same harmonica request from Sadie in the mission, but this time the log updated