Platinum no longer achievable

VirtualNight

This is just truly sad to hear, planned on finishing what i had left, but no i'm not sure i want to. Damn hackers ruining everything, it's not like we are going for top of the leaderboards, they seriously need to get a life if this is all they are doing

3 minutes ago, Conker said:

This is just truly sad to hear, planned on finishing what i had left, but no i'm not sure i want to. Damn hackers ruining everything, it's not like we are going for top of the leaderboards, they seriously need to get a life if this is all they are doing

Yeah, exactly. It would only be bad if we were boosting to be top of leaderboard but we are only doing this to obtain the platinum and at least we aren’t boosting in other people’s normal matches. 

I just got off text chat with Sony PlayStation Support. This is the transcript of that chat. 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:26:46 PM): Hello, My name is Julio how may I assist you today? 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:27:57 PM): I just started playing Warhawk on ps3 and only played one match for less than 30 minutes and when I went to check my stats this is what they were. Total Points: -99999586  Combat Points: 13  Team Points: -99999702  Negative Points: 0  Bonus Points: 103  Total Kills: -299999984  Total Deaths: 0  Total KDR: -300000000.00. How am I in the negatives? Please fix this.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:28:11 PM): Hi, I understand and I am here to help you, let me check what happened and the solutions for it. 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:28:20 PM): Before we begin, let’s not forget to reply in the chat every 2:30 min to prevent of timing out, 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:28:29 PM): okay 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:29:11 PM): Thank you, checking the account now, I’’ll be right with you. 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:31:12 PM): thank you 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:31:59 PM): I was not able to find the purchase of the game in your account, are you sure this is the correct account, when did you purchased the game? 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:32:09 PM): Unless you are using a disc version? 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:32:18 PM): I am using the disc version 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:33:48 PM): Understood and I was checking if there was any report related to the game you mentioned having any issues and there isn't, is there any other game that you have played that gave you any errors? 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:34:29 PM): No but I have heard that there are hackers on Warhawk that have been modifying people's stats.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:37:24 PM): Oh, I will make sure to add all the notes on the matte so we can have an investigation, because the error you are having it's very rare and unlikely to happen, there is no issue that a console can have that will give you an error like the one you just got. 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:38:00 PM): What error is that?  

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:40:04 PM): What I meant that is no report of an error like that on a PS3, this could be an issue directly with the game itself or perhaps corrupted data, there is a few steps we can follow, 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:40:11 PM): You will need to access safe mode, 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:42:01 PM): It's not an issue with my ps3. The stats are stored on the servers. There isn't anyway you guys can go in and reset my stats back to 0 or whatever?

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:43:24 PM): There is no option from my end to do that but I will also send this information as I mentioned so we can check if there is a major issue not only with the game but also with your account, I will still need for you to follow the safe mode process option 3, this will restore or delete any corrupted data that is not allowing the console to work properly with a game, it will help you too. 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:43:49 PM): okay 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:44:36 PM): The following link has a video that will show you how to access safe mode using your PS3, 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:44:37 PM): https://support.playstation.com/s/article/PS3-Safe-Mode1?language=en_US

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:45:07 PM): Once you see it in your console, you will need to connect your DS3 Controller using the USB Cable and then select the option I mentioned, which is 3. 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:45:58 PM): Okay. It's restoring the file system now.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:46:24 PM): Very good. 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:46:55 PM): it said it is corrupt and will be restored.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:47:13 PM): Very good, I still have a another step to follow after that, let's wait. 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:48:27 PM): ok 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:49:04 PM): Good,

Me (11/12/2018, 10:50:48 PM): okay it's done.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:52:21 PM): Very good, this will be also as a last option, you can delete the game installation and updates, and install everything back, this will synchronize all your information again with the servers and you should be able to see all the stats as you used to have them, 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:53:04 PM): In order to do this, you will need to go to:

Game> Game Data Utility> highlight the game, press triangle and then delete. 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:53:43 PM): okay it's deleted.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:54:57 PM): Very good, 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:55:11 PM): I also have a corrupt file under my saved data utility that was from 10 minutes ago. Should I delete that to?  

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:55:40 PM): You will have to because that will affect for sure whenever you want to play the game. 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:56:14 PM): okay. It's deleted.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:56:20 PM): By doing all this you should not have any issue again, I will also make sure to send your feedback about what happened and also what you found about others trying to hack the game. 

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:57:38 PM): At this point, there is no other step you can follow. 

Me (11/12/2018, 10:58:10 PM): I am going to get back on the game to see what my stats are now.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 10:58:32 PM): No problem, go ahead. 

Me (11/12/2018, 11:00:34 PM): it's installing now.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 11:00:39 PM): Good, 

Me (11/12/2018, 11:02:41 PM): okay it's done.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 11:03:08 PM): Let's check in the game. 

Me (11/12/2018, 11:04:02 PM): and it didn't fix it.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 11:05:04 PM): I am so sorry about that, as mentioned, I am sending your information for further investigation, I cannot guarantee that you will be able to get the stats though but rest assure that we will do our best to look into the matter and provide any solution available for it. 

Me (11/12/2018, 11:05:41 PM): Thank You! This issue is effecting a lot of players. Not just me.  

Julio (11/12/2018, 11:06:30 PM): You are very welcome and we won't allow for something like that to happen, thank you so much for bringing this up, 

Julio (11/12/2018, 11:06:35 PM): If there is anything else I can try to help you with, please go ahead, it will be a pleasure to assist you. 

Me (11/12/2018, 11:08:08 PM): Not at the moment. How long would it take you guys to investigate this and punish those who are hacking the game?  

Julio (11/12/2018, 11:09:49 PM): I cannot provide an specific time frame but if we do find that, this could lead to a permanent suspension because of the nature of the case and what it's involving which is other users accounts, it's serious, because there is temporary suspensions, but I do not believe this will be the case, modding or hacking is a Violation of the Terms and Conditions of the PSN. 

Me (11/12/2018, 11:10:49 PM): How would you guys be able to find out who's doing it? Would you need reports from other players in the community?  

Julio (11/12/2018, 11:11:27 PM): Reports will help and do not worry about that, we can check everything related to the PlayStation Network. 

Me (11/12/2018, 11:11:44 PM): okay. Thank You for looking into this for us.

Julio (11/12/2018, 11:11:56 PM): A pleasure, 

Julio (11/12/2018, 11:11:58 PM): Thank you for using the PlayStation chat support, take care and wish you the best. 

1 hour ago, APCGrayLocked said:

That Julio lives in the clouds, as i can see. "This problem is very rare and unlikely to happen". Yeah sure, but in the meantime, there are dozens of other games (COD series first, RDR, GTA and others then) where the hackers can do what they want. So please.

The whole support lives in the clouds, actually.

• Like 3

This 'advanced hacking' is probably just about accessing some URL with a couple of parameters like username and new score. That they basically only need your username for it leads me to believe that, as well as the fact that this is an almost decade old game with probably little emphasis on security. If this is indeed the case and that URL was known, we might be able to do some 'ethical hacking' ;) Although this would probably get you flagged. One can dream though, right?

It does feel a bit shitty that yet again the hackers win, as they so often seem to do. Weird how hackers messing with their servers becomes pretty much irrelevant to these companies when they have made all the money already.

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

The whole support lives in the clouds, actually.

As with most first level support, they will put most of their efforts into making sure they don't have to bother anyone from second or higher levels.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

So a 1 on 1 match? Shit, this sucks ass. I thought a full match would make it possible to avoid hackers. 

he still got found. all i can say is sorry man :(. i wish those guy's weren't there to ruin peoples fun.

31 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

he still got found. all i can say is sorry man :(. i wish those guy's weren't there to ruin peoples fun.

This sucks man. One of the excuses for one of the hacker’s for doing all this shit was ‘They aren’t earning the platinum the normal way’ or something but how the fuck is anyone meant to obtain the platinum without boosting now when the servers are shutting down soon and with the fact obtaining the platinum without boosting takes way longer?

Edited by BrettyBoy

40 minutes ago, BrettyBoy said:

This sucks man. One of the excuses for one of the hacker’s for doing all this shit was ‘They aren’t earning the platinum the normal way’ or something but how the fuck is anyone meant to obtain the platinum without boosting now when the servers are shutting down soon and with the fact obtaining the platinum without boosting takes way longer?

Not to mention even so you could be hacked, if you jump into the wrong lobby. Also i wouldn't be impressed if, while doing it legitly, they would hack you just before you finish.

19 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

inb4 someone comes along and says, "yeah the hacking sucks, but you guys had plenty of time to get the plat while the servers weren't filled with hackers it's been out since 2007"

You won't ever get that statement in response to Warhawk since there have been hackers on Warhawk for a very long time. Just a visit to the Warhawk forums on .org will show some of it from years ago.

Unfortunately, even when you make a glitched room and fill it up, your psn name is still public if somebody is browsing the server list. Also, it's very obvious if you are using a glitched room. That's probably why they are catching people so easy. The only way to do this now without getting targeted is with 2 consoles. You can have your alt make the room and join it with your main, but you must lock out the room fast. This way, your main accounts psn isn't public and the dick doing this will never see it. Also, don't sync your trophies at all until you're done. They can always check recent players on this site for a list of fresh meat.

So no, this plat is not impossible. There are steps you can take to protect your identity. 

However, another poster above me has the right idea as well. Especially if you've been hacked, I see nothing wrong with it. You can avoid being flagged if you're smart about it.

Edited by Phil
Glitch in the matrix.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

The only way to do this now without getting targeted is with 2 consoles. You can have your alt make the room and join it with your main, but you must lock out the room fast. This way, your main accounts psn isn't public and the dick doing this will never see it. Also, don't sync your trophies at all until you're done. They can always check recent players on this site for a list of fresh meat.

So no, this plat is not impossible. There are steps you can take to protect your identity. 

If you remove your name from lobby's name, regular players aren't capable to see who is hosting. I think that hackers have the chance to see anyone inside a lobby, no matter if you host or not.

I don't know, if anyone wanna risk with this tactic feel free to try.

Edited by VirtualNight

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

You won't ever get that statement in response to Warhawk since there have been hackers on Warhawk for a very long time. Just a visit to the Warhawk forums on .org will show some of it from years ago.

Unfortunately, even when you make a glitched room and fill it up, your pan name is still public if somebody is browsing the server list. Also, it's very obvious if you are using a glitched room. That's probably why they are catching people so easy. The only way to do this now without getting targeted is with 2 consoles. You can have your alt make the room and join it with your main, but you must lock out the room fast. This way, your main accounts psn isn't public and the dick doing this will never see it. Also, don't sync your trophies at all until you're done. They can always check recent players on this site for a list of fresh meat.

However, another poster above me has the right idea as well. Especially if you've been hacked, I see nothing wrong with it. You can avoid being flagged if you're smart about it.

That is not true at all actually. The hacker has said he can see everyone no matter what precautions they try to take... remember he is a hacker and can go into ANY lobby even if they password protect it or make it clan restricted. He has said going forward no one is safe now, unless he sees a full lobby of actual people playing the game how its supposed to be played he will give those that dont negative points from here on out. So although plat is not actually unobtainable, the fact that he will be trolling day in and day out until server closure means it will be unlikely u get the plat. 

1 minute ago, PViddy said:

That is not true at all actually. The hacker has said he can see everyone no matter what precautions they try to take... remember he is a hacker and can go into ANY lobby even if they password protect it or make it clan restricted. He has said going forward no one is safe now, unless he sees a full lobby of actual people playing the game how its supposed to be played he will give those that dont negative points from here on out. So although plat is not actually unobtainable, the fact that he will be trolling day in and day out until server closure means it will be unlikely u get the plat. 

Remember however that these are mentally ill hackers; they could lie as well.

In warhawk there is a special knife, awarded from old tourneys (or hackers can give it to themself). Before hacks they used to say to sell the accs with that knife, but once someone was paying those over 100$ then that person was just blocked and wasn't receiving anything.

Such people are now hackers as well, trashy people.

I'll be honest... I have my plat already so if ppl dont want to heed my advice then thats their perogative. Those that dont succeed only drive the rarity up more. I would hate to be someone that has a perfect profile or a completionist attempt this, if they got screwed that would royally suck. However, they would only have themselves to blame since they were warned. People that start it now and then complain after they get hacked are just fools... you were told not to start it and you got hacked and now you wanna cry and get pissed off that it happened to you. Realize these hackers dont give a fuck about you or trophies. So if you really care about an incomplete on your profile then just DON'T START THIS AND RISK GETTING HACKED... plain and simple.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Hacker or not, if the lobby is full, there's not a space for them to join. Glitched rooms aren't password protected btw. He can't just force his way into a full lobby. Besides, I'm pretty sure he's not doing anything complicated to mess with stats.

You guys are giving this dude way too much credit.

Wrong. Is not normal that a lot of people are reporting to being hacked in these few days. This is a 2007 game also, something more vulnerable than less older games. It is not just doing something like the BF hardline instant kill guns or other stuffs like that.

They can do ANYTHING in game (only thing i didn't see from them were lol things like new customizations or laser swords), and i guess they can also see all people in a lobby even if they don't join on it.

Edited by VirtualNight

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Hacker or not, if the lobby is full, there's not a space for them to join. Glitched rooms aren't password protected btw. He can't just force his way into a full lobby. Besides, I'm pretty sure he's not doing anything complicated to mess with stats.

You guys are giving this dude way too much credit.

Keep giving people false hope lol. The hacker can see all names regardless if the lobby is full or not. What part of NO ONE IS SAFE are people not understanding. Just move on and play something else... this plat is too long and will suck the life outta you. How would you feel if you were less than 10k away from general for your plat and u get hit with negative points. Over a hundred hours wasted for nothing, just let it go and dont waste your time.

• Like 1

Warhawk has been hacked for far longer than any Battlefield game. You are looking far too hard into this. This game is like a beginners guide for modding console mp games. Modding stats on this game, either negative or positive, has been done forever. Maybe if this community wasn't so anti mod, you'd get somebody in here to help you. However, nobody is going to out themselves as a modder in this witch hunt atmosphere. I certainly wouldn't. 

• Like 2

Lol. I doubt we care about theyr hacking skills or which games has the most skilled hackers, what i don't want is that you make people believe they can still do this.

Would be possible if this was a few time consuming game, but 100h of boosting... no way you won't be noticed.

No, you are giving this guy too much credit. You aren't thinking of how he's really getting psn names. They don't have some magical way of seeing people in lobbies. They're using this site. It's not that difficult to figure out. I have people that I've helped with the clan trophies recently who never did the split screen glitch. They still got hacked. One guy never intended to grind out the badges and ranks. After I got him his clan trophies, he never touched it again.

This bonehead is fooling everybody on this site. You guys are definitely letting him win. 

Edited by Phil

The idea about doing that while they are sleeping... i managed to see them in each of the 24h at least once. So forget that as well. I have no idea which job they do nor theyr interests, so i don't know when could be the safest (not 100% safe tho) moment to play either.