We need to be able to edit trophytips and delete topics.

I made a mistake on my last trophytip,details are below.

While im making a topic in the suggestions area i would like to propose to give us the option to edit our trophytips.

most people wont bother making a topic for a simple typo or mistake so i think it would make the trophytips more correct.

And we should also get the option to delete topics we started ourselves (maybe just on certain areas on the forum,i need it in the ps3/vita games section mostly)

i've got so many useless topics out there i would like to get rid of some.

This is the trophytip that needs to be edited,it should be 100.000 instead of 10.000 https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1947-Farming-Simulator/18-HOARDER

If someone could change it that would be great,if i get the option to change it myself some day that would be even better.

• Like 3

I have to disagree with you on this.

There's a reason the tip comes up as a preview before you post it, you can double check things there before posting. If people were able to freely edit their tips I believe it would create problems.

As for deleting topics I think that this shouldnt be an option either, if you feel a one of your topics need deleted you can just PM Sly or Eburk.

I never liked the idea of being able to delete topics, even when I started them.

There surely are topics out there that could be deleted, but overall I wouldn't change that.

What, if topics get deleted, because the starter doesn't want them anymore without a good reason? Other people that posted in them, might want them to stick around.

Or if the starter wants to get rid of them, because he got his answer? Those answers could help others, so they might not even start another thread.

Since we're not able to delete them, those problem won't come up; and personally I prefer it this way ^^

I could think of some topics here myself, about which I think "Why? :huh: ?", but the starter hopefully thought they're were a good addition.

People just have to think and decide, if certain topics really are necessary to be created.

About the trophy tips: So far I didn't write one and I know mistakes can happen, but as long as it doesn't go out of hand, there is always the way of just asking Sly or Eburk, if they could edit it ^^

I have to disagree with you on this.

There's a reason the tip comes up as a preview before you post it, you can double check things there before posting. If people were able to freely edit their tips I believe it would create problems.

As for deleting topics I think that this shouldnt be an option either, if you feel a one of your topics need deleted you can just PM Sly or Eburk.

But you're editing what YOU wrote. 

On the topics thing, it should definitively be an option. I mean, the topic is either dead or doesn't need to be there anymore (Like the casual help topics) and since you made it you can delete it too. It's not a bad idea honestly.

But you're editing what YOU wrote. 

On the topics thing, it should definitively be an option. I mean, the topic is either dead or doesn't need to be there anymore (Like the casual help topics) and since you made it you can delete it too. It's not a bad idea honestly.

There plenty of things that could go wrong with editing tips, I honestly cant be bothered going into it though.

Just because a thread is dead doesn't mean it worthless. That old thread could give someone an answer they have been searching for..... Why do you think there is a search function?

As Simpo already said, that's the exact reason, why I wouldn't want everybody to be able to delete their topics.

Those help topics can still have the answer for the next user, so he doesn't need to make his own thread.

Or he can just add his help-request when it's about boosting or help for a coop-trophy or something.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Pretty much the same goes for dead topics. Al forums have those threads, it's what a forum is about (among others of course).

Imagine every forum would delete the threads once they got answered or there weren't posted for like two months...

• Like 1

I made a mistake on my last trophytip,details are below.

While im making a topic in the suggestions area i would like to propose to give us the option to edit our trophytips.

most people wont bother making a topic for a simple typo or mistake so i think it would make the trophytips more correct.

And we should also get the option to delete topics we started ourselves (maybe just on certain areas on the forum,i need it in the ps3/vita games section mostly)

i've got so many useless topics out there i would like to get rid of some.

This is the trophytip that needs to be edited,it should be 100.000 instead of 10.000 https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1947-Farming-Simulator/18-HOARDER

If someone could change it that would be great,if i get the option to change it myself some day that would be even better.

I had similar problem.I posted my tip on wrong trophy. I didn't think it's a big deal. My plan was to copy/past tip on right trophy and delete it on wrong trophy, but there wasn't delete option. So I went to chat. Admin and few other guys were there. I told them what happened and one guy told me that the only way to remove tip is by getting it reported. I asked admin if he could removed it, but he was to busy discussing football match so I left. It's been over a month and tip is still there.

had similar problem.I posted my tip on wrong trophy. I didn't think it's a big deal. My plan was to copy/past tip on right trophy and delete it on wrong trophy, but there wasn't delete option. So I went to chat. Admin and few other guys were there. I told them what happened and one guy told me that the only way to remove tip is by getting it reported. I asked admin if he could removed it, but he was to busy discussing football match so I left. It's been over a month and tip is still there.

You would be better off to send it in a PM. That way there is a "permanent" message (or reminder) with the details of the issue you had. The chatbox isn't really the proper place to report issues of that nature... it's more of a hangout where people gather to chit-chat informally.

• Like 1

The ability to edit your trophy tips is really a no brainer.  Same should go for comments posted on Gaming Sessions.  Anyone that says otherwise is just clueless.

Deleting a thread is a different story - and should probably be left to the mods.

Editing thread title on the other hand should also be an option for users.

• Like 2

The ability to edit your trophy tips is really a no brainer.  Same should go for comments posted on Gaming Sessions.  Anyone that says otherwise is just clueless.

So, we (people who disagree) are clueless, because people who post tips, didn't check it again before posting it? :huh:

• Like 1

So, we (people who disagree) are clueless, because people who post tips, didn't check it again before posting it? :huh:

Yup.  There is absolutely no reason why anyone shouldn't be able to edit their tips.  You type something in, you double check it, you post it, and then you realize there's a typo.  Currently you have no way of fixing it.  Or the game is patched, and the tip no longer works, so you want to post an alternate method of boosting.  Sorry, you can't modify your tip.  So far not a single clueless person indicated a compelling argument for restricting tip editing.  It just makes sense.

• Like 1

So far not a single clueless person indicated a compelling argument for restricting tip editing.  It just makes sense.

Sly mentioned a reason for not allowing editing for trophy tips. I believe it was something to do with the liking system. When someone likes a tip, it was for whatever was there at the time. If the tip is edited, then the current amount of likes does not accurately reflect the quality of the tip content, because it is not what those likes were originally supporting. An extreme and colorful example of this would be: member posts a viable tip > tip nets 10 likes > tip writer changes tip to say "like this if you like buttholes" > 10 members like buttholes.

Edited by Azakos

I'd just like to point out that checking for typo's doesnt make the tip correct.

i posted it thinking it was 10.000,but when i went back to the game i realized it should be 100.000

and about what azakos that we cant edit tips because of the liking system,

somebody already liked my wrong tip.lol

i guess he still liked knowing that filling just 1 silo is enough instead of all 3.

I know sly will work on it so i'm pleased,but i wont be posting any more tips until i can edit them.

Edited by tw34kfr34ky

I'd just like to point out that checking for typo's doesnt make the tip correct.

i posted it thinking it was 10.000,but when i went back to the game i realized it should be 100.000

And I can see, that tis is annoying, believe me.

The good thing on this site is, that even if there are only two staff members right now, they are usually pretty quick, if you ask them to change something.

A friend of mine had a little mistake in a tip as well. The world didn't end and he just asked it to be changed :)

My comment that you quoted, was more for Eternal, who pretty much called others morons, when a different person makes a mistake ;)

And I can see, that tis is annoying, believe me.

The good thing on this site is, that even if there are only two staff members right now, they are usually pretty quick, if you ask them to change something.

A friend of mine had a little mistake in a tip as well. The world didn't end and he just asked it to be changed :)

My comment that you quoted, was more for Eternal, who pretty much called others morons, when a different person makes a mistake ;)

Sorry to say it but you just posted a valid reason why there is no need to include tip editing when you've been arguing against that point, if you got a typo PM and staff member and ask for it to me fixed.

As for your criticism of Eternal he wasn't even close to calling anyone a moron, just statement that people should pay attention with proof-reading, you were pretty quick to jump down his throat there.

Sorry to say it but you just posted a valid reason why there is no need to include tip editing when you've been arguing against that point, if you got a typo PM and staff member and ask for it to me fixed.

As for your criticism of Eternal he wasn't even close to calling anyone a moron, just statement that people should pay attention with proof-reading, you were pretty quick to jump down his throat there.

I admit right away, that right now I don't understand the first sentence entirely. And that I don't have time to think about it ;)

EDIT: I just said, that I can see why it could be a bit risky.

For the reason Azakos mentioned, or if somebody is pissed and decides to delete or change the tip to be insulting.

That doesn't mean, I can't see why some people would like the ability to change their tips.

regarding the second: I was taught, that called being "clueless" isn't a nice thing too say. As in that's it's a bit of an insult. If that's not the case, I'm sorry.

(No cynicism here; just mentioning that my dictionary and teacher doesn't say clueless is nice :D)

Edited by Latikos

I admit right away, that right now I don't understand the first sentence entirely. And that I don't have time to think about it ;)

regarding the second: I was taught, that called being "clueless" isn't a nice thing too say. As in that's it's a bit of an insult. If that's not the case, I'm sorry.

(No cynicism here; just mentioning that my dictionary and teacher doesn't say clueless is nice :D)

Apologies I've gotten a little confused here, I blame the booze I've been drinking tonight.

I agree with you and disagree with Eternal.

• Like 1

Sly mentioned a reason for not allowing editing for trophy tips. I believe it was something to do with the liking system. When someone likes a tip, it was for whatever was there at the time. If the tip is edited, then the current amount of likes does not accurately reflect the quality of the tip content, because it is not what those likes were originally supporting. An extreme and colorful example of this would be: member posts a viable tip > tip nets 10 likes > tip writer changes tip to say "like this if you like buttholes" > 10 members like buttholes.

Only allow tip editing, if a tip has no likes then.  Problem solved.