List of Games You Should Play Unpatched

Hope I'm posting in the right place...

• Game title: Host 714
  • Patch version that negatively changed the trophy: Version 1.01 (November 2022). Apparently the trophies were obtainable prior to the update.
  • What has changed?: The patch rendered three trophies (obviously including the platinum) unobtainable; they don't pop when they should.
  • Which trophies are affected?:
  1. Good Listener (Talk to every NPC)
  2. Locked from the other side (Try to open every door)
  3. 714 rehabilitated (Unlock All Trophies) - the platinum

Reverting the game to version 1.00 fixes all trophies, making them obtainable.

Source(s): This thread...

... and my personal experience, using the downgraded patch to obtain the trophies/platinum.

Host 714 is a relatively unknown game with (at the time of writing) only 75 owners on PSNP and just four with the platinum - just one achieved prior to the patch and, presumably, the other three acquired after downgrading to version 1.00. I doubt it will be patched to rectify the trophy issue any time soon, albeit I'm not sure if the developers even know about the problem...

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Playing Gran Turismo 6 unpatched makes the S License Tests easier as the time is somewhat forgiving than on later versions as they reduced the time to get gold, making it harder to achieve the All-Gold S License trophy as a result 

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/76802-super-license-s-1/#comment-2883037

Edited by Mr_Tenno777
  • Like 2

The game Cotton 100% has a exploit on patch Ver 1.0 that makes the Platinum much easier compared to Ver 1.1

In Ver 1.0 you can earn every Challenge Mode trophy even You are the Best by completing the game once on normal mode and unlocking the in game cheat menu. For some reason by enabling the cheats in the menu and going to Challenge mode it will keep the cheats enabled so you can breeze through the plat in about 2 hours without basically a 1CC attempt.

The physical PS4 release has Ver 1.1 on disc that patched this exploit so this works only on Digital.  At this time the PS5 ver does not have a digital release and only Physical with it already patched as well so chances are if it gets PS5 Digital it will be patched.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VanDeaM said:

Modern Warfare ll got it's veteran glitch patched. I know PS5 can't be downgraded but I think the PS4 version belongs on the list now

That difficulty glitch exploit is exclusive to MWIII (2023) and it’s no use to downgrade since it requires internet connection to play even for the single player campaign.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Game title: 99 Vidas
  • Patch version that negatively changed the trophy: Patch 1.02 (EU) OR Patch 1.05 (NA)
  • What has changed?: Trophies are currently absurdly difficult and unfair due to living farming being removed from the game
  • Which trophies are affected?: "Not so Hard..." and "Gold Elite Player"
  • Game title: Rack N Ruin
  • Patch version that negatively changed the trophy: Patch 1.01
  • What has changed?: The Dependency trophy is glitched and unobtainable
  • Which trophies are affected?: "Dependency"

Trine ps3 version

patch version - Made tower of salek harder by adding enemies along the path to the top.

without patch- Had enemies only at the top of the tower making it easier.

here's a link to trophy guide explaining it. Trophy is called better than the developers

Just a bit of a warning you'll need to play the whole game unpatched if you want to pull off the exploit, 

Edited by Galecove