List of Games You Should Play Unpatched

Aviici invector - This glitch for Rhythm Savant trophy was patched with the version 1.04, you can simply downgrade to version 1.00 and the glitch will work again

Demon's tier+ - This glitch has been patched recently, with the glitch it was possible to unlock all starting classes in just 20 minutes, which makes the first playthrough way easier. On ps vita just don't update the game, on ps4 you can downgrade the game to patch 1.00 and the glitch will work.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not sure if blind, but I don't see Vampyr for PS4 on here - keyboard glitch where you hold down the P button while in the upgrade menu at the bed, to give yourself unlimited XP for upgrades.  

Obviously, 1) you need a keyboard, and 2) you need to have it plugged into your PS4's USB Port and 3), you need to be at the bed in-game inside the upgrade screen, and hold down the letter 'P' on your keyboard to continually give yourself XP until you let go, effectively giving you all the XP you want; so it's essentially unlimited.

This game exploit is still relevant today as the game recently became free as part of PS PLUS October 2020, and this exploit not only just works on the Vanilla Disc Version, but also on the Digital Version as well, providing you use the application and proxy to download the 1.00 version of the game - doing things this way allows you to use the exploit on the free Digital Version of the game.  

The game is easy enough without the exploit, but it is an option for people that want to use it, and it still works none the less, and it should be added here for posterity sake.

The application and proxy I'm referring to is located on a thread here on PSN Profiles called: [Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.  

Link: 

Here's an image of the Digital Version of Vampyr on Version 1.00

80c4a18e16.png

Edited by J-S_93
Updated dead image link ;)
  • Like 2

Thanks, I've added Vampyr, and also Pure Pool based on research i've done recently. For anyone curious:

Pure Pool  |  The single player is very difficult & unfair, but v1.00 has 2 benefits: the AI seems a bit easier (source) and there's a minor visual aid to help make better shots (source). Note that the disc version seems to come pre-patched; the only confirmed reversion used the digital version.

• Like 1

The PS3 versions of Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel can go on the list for the following reasons:

BL2: The 1.03 patch (though it could have been 1.04) heavily nerfed the Bee Shield, thus removing what amounted to God mode. In the unpatched game, the Bee Shield + Conference Call Shotgun made you practically invincible but post-nerf, this and various other Bee Shield combos are practically useless with only the Sand Hawk SMG and Pimpernel Sniper Rifle being the only weapons that work with it at full power but they're DLC only so can't be accessed in the unpatched game. It was either the 1.13 or 1.14 patch that covertly buffed Voracidous's Shield and made him way harder to kill but the previous patch accidentally nerfed his Shield. Since Voracidous is a DLC boss, you can't go too far down the patch versions else the DLC won't work.

TPS: A very early patch (I forget which one) nerfed the Rosie Laser, Moxxi's Probe Pistol and The Shooting Star Shield, thus removing the most powerful God mode combo in the game. A later patch buffed the Bosun so he has more powerful Shields and is harder to kill in the True and Ultimate Vault Hunter modes.

In both cases, the Handsome Collection comes pre-patched so downgrading to v1.00 won't help, because it comes with the respective final released PS3 patches hardcoded into it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on version 1.00 allows you to obtain the trophy Yokozuna (beat all Staff Ghosts in Time Attack) just by playing Sunshine Coast (mirror) and beating the staff ghost on there. This saves you a lot of time and frustration because you just need to beat that ghost as opposed to beating every staff ghost in the game.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

Lego Worlds can go on the list, because the 1.19 patch covertly fixed the exploit that allowed you to auto-pop Designer's Delight and Billionaire by joining another person's game (either online or off) who had already unlocked them. Apparently you could also auto-pop the Rank trophies the same way. You don't want to go any lower than v1.16, because that was the patch which fixed the bug that made it so the DLC items were required for Designer's Delight.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think Hotline Miami is missing from that List. if you redownload it on ps3 at least you can choose to not install patch 1.01. This makes the Trophy were you need A+ Rank in every Chapter a bit easier because it pops after 11-13 chapters with A+ (For me it was 13 some guides say 11)

On 8.12.2020 at 9:21 PM, HuntingFever said:

Lego Worlds can go on the list, because the 1.19 patch covertly fixed the exploit that allowed you to auto-pop Designer's Delight and Billionaire by joining another person's game (either online or off) who had already unlocked them. Apparently you could also auto-pop the Rank trophies the same way. You don't want to go any lower than v1.16, because that was the patch which fixed the bug that made it so the DLC items were required for Designer's Delight.

IN Splitscreen Mode designers delight still autopops

Edited by Ich1994-1994
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Majin-Pablito said:

MOSS :  The technique of leaving the game immediately after death no longer works. Which makes the trophy of finishing the game without dying much more difficult.

This is the most recent info I can find about the exploit, and it indicates you can still save scum, so not sure if it's worth adding to the list :hmm:

You can add Mafia 3 to this list. The latest patch requires the "kill/flip all informants" and other trophies like $500k cash to be done without closing the game, otherwise the counter for those trophies gets reset. Also the game can randomly crash at anytime. I had to downgrade to version 1.09 to get the platinum.

I know Patapon 2 Remastered came originally with the debug mode still open, but I believe it was patched in the first update. Can confirm that it is possible to rollback to v1.00, and you can get into debug mode with Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right L R Square in the main menu.

Great game, highly recommend.

• 2 months later...

Super Mega Baseball 2 is another you can exploit if you are able to downgrade the version.

There is a gold trophy for beating Ego Level 99 that you can cheese by playing on a lower ego level and then switching to Ego Level 99 before the last out.  This exploit got patched out.

EDIT - Mafia III should also be added.  Need patch 1.09 to get several trophies to unlock.  

Edited by djb5f

• 2 weeks later...

You should also add Gran Turismo 5. Which in the 1.10 patch you will be able to use a glitch to beat the Vettel challenge with no worries, it is the hardest one. It's only downgradeable in the standard version of Gran Turismo 5. In the XL version the game won't allow you to play bellow update 2.00.