Crash Team Racing Nitro-Refueled Announced (June 21, 2019)

Ghost

2 minutes ago, danielc655 said:

This just seems like a shitty path to god awful micro transactions.

i assume there will be microtransactions given its activision

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will offer players a variety of ways to mix and match kart bodies, wheels, paint jobs, stickers, and even add decals to karts. Now fans—both new and those who first fell in love with the 90s classic—can create a sweet looking ride! What’s more, karts from Crash Tag Team Racing will be available in the new game.

In addition to the ability to customized karts, Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will also let players customize their racers. Yes, lead developer Beenox is adding N. sane character skins to the remastered game. This will allow players to adorn their characters with a zany sense of swag and personality—Boo-ya! Also new to the Crash Team Racing experience are unique podium animations available to certain skins making celebrating victories even more amazing. And if that wasn’t enough, characters from Crash Nitro Kart will be available in the new game.

Players will earn customization items by playing through the Adventure Mode and also by collecting in-game Wumpa Coins to swag out their kart and characters in the game’s Pit Stop area. What’s more, character stats, just as you remember are returning and will include Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced classes. So, whether you are a first-time racer, or a pro eager to put your skills to the test again, the wait is almost over!

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-customization-trailer-screenshots

13 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

lots of new customization announced

not sure how i feel about this as one of the charms of the original was its simplicity

Yeah I'm feeling the same, well it's nice and everything but it just keeps moving away from the old classic we grew up with. New players won't mind this but for us old farts..

14 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

lots of new customization announced

not sure how i feel about this as one of the charms of the original was its simplicity

I really feel the sweet smell of microtransactions... since it’s Activi$ion who publishes the game, the scummiest publisher in this industry.

Not only that, I truly feel that this game will be rushed out and we’ll have an incomplete physical disc just like Spyro Reignited Trilogy’s disc scam: one portion of the BASE game is missing, download the rest or else it’s unplayable. Goodbye gaming preservation.

I’ll definitely won’t get it at launch. I’ll get the game from someone on eBay so not a single penny is given to Activi$ion.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

2 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Yeah I'm feeling the same, well it's nice and everything but it just keeps moving away from the old classic we grew up with. New players won't mind this but for us old farts..

I’m what you call an “old fart” and I don’t mind this. I mean, I had the same “negative” reaction when I saw some random skins (like red Ripper Roo or Blue colored hair Coco), but with this trailer, they showed us some cool stuff for characters. I’ll stick with the original Karts, maybe a sticker or two, but I’ll be happy to unlock new costumes to my favorite character - That Ballerina N.Gin <3

3 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I’m what you call an “old fart” and I don’t mind this. I mean, I had the same “negative” reaction when I saw some random skins (like red Ripper Roo or Blue colored hair Coco), but with this trailer, they showed us some cool stuff for characters. I’ll stick with the original Karts, maybe a sticker or two, but I’ll be happy to unlock new costumes to my favorite character - That Ballerina N.Gin <3

Yeah to be honest I'm pretty glad it's happening, I used to main Polar (shown some pretty nice skins). Skins and customization, well It's just unusual to see and comparing to the reveal trailer 6 months ago when you only saw clean standard characters, It's a big change for sure and hopefully they are doing it to extend the life of the game to the max

• Like 1

Honestly, i couldn't give an absolute flying fuck about what you people think or don't think about microtransactions right now. This trailer might have just cured my depression. This is my all-time most wanted dream game and it's actually happening. It's ACTUALLY happening.

Everything looks absolutely perfect. All i honestly hope at this point is that they improve online and don't make it barebones. Add ranks, prizes, leagues etc. to give people incentive to play. Mario Kart 8 didn't have much in the online department no matter how many points you got, it was only there just to have a reason to brag and flex on people lol

Edited by Oblivion
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Oblivion said:

Honestly, i couldn't give an absolute flying fuck about what you people think or don't think about microtransactions right now. This trailer might have just cured my depression. This is my all-time most wanted dream game and it's actually happening. It's ACTUALLY happening.

Everything looks absolutely perfect. All i honestly hope at this point is that they improve online and don't make it barebones. Add ranks, prizes, leagues etc. to give people incentive to play. Mario Kart 8 didn't have much in the online department no matter how many points you got, it was only there just to have a reason to brag and flex on people lol

Are you talking about a ranked ladder mode? ?

I see Crash Tag Team Racing is also being featured even if for now it is just a small part. The skins such as ballerina N.Gin and ninja cortex where only from that game. You can also see those two chickens on the big screen (top right) when the trailer is showing off Ninja Cortex skin

• 2 weeks later...

I know that the game hasn't been released yet, but do you guys think that the Nitros Oxide version is worth it for the extra 20 US? It's basically 20 US for an extra char, kart and some skins... Looks expensive =/... I just hope that the online trophies will be doable u_u (Or just no online trophies XD)

9 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Rip trophy girls

I don’t understand the boner around Trophy Girls -_- A beautiful showcase full of details and colorful levels and most (if not all) comments on the video are about the Trophy Girls. Worst: the elitism of the situation. Characters portraits like Nina Cortex and N. Brio appeared in flags = Nina Cortex and N.Brio confirmed as Playable characters. Same goes to Penta Penguin. Now they aren’t showing the Trophy Girls = they absolutely removed them, rest in piece -_-

The more videos and details they give us, the more complaints are presented from casual players about something else. I already predict reviews with a lower score (Like it happened with MK11) because of meaningless things missing in this game.

I guess it's more of a remake thing. New things cool, you take away things that where before not cool. Still for all I have seen about the game, I think it's gonna live to the nostalgia most of us have about it ( I still remember when I kicked N.Oxide with Pura the first time),  and at the same time keep the essence of the original with enough addition so it can be appealing for the actual generations for people without the nostalgia.

I really wonder what's gonna be the trophy list and also the rewards for getting the Relics and CTR, since bosses now are way easier to unlock I wonder what rewards they put on the old boss unlock condition.

But in any case in less than a month we gonna get back on the pedal and hunt those trophy while drifting in N.Oxide face, answering all missing questions about the game.

8 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I don’t understand the boner around Trophy Girls -_- A beautiful showcase full of details and colorful levels and most (if not all) comments on the video are about the Trophy Girls. Worst: the elitism of the situation. Characters portraits like Nina Cortex and N. Brio appeared in flags = Nina Cortex and N.Brio confirmed as Playable characters. Same goes to Penta Penguin. Now they aren’t showing the Trophy Girls = they absolutely removed them, rest in piece -_-

The more videos and details they give us, the more complaints are presented from casual players about something else. I already predict reviews with a lower score (Like it happened with MK11) because of meaningless things missing in this game.

Yeah lol the video is full of trophy girls comments. Well it doesn't matter much. They perfected the world as we know, only thing I missed was the garage/put stops when selecting character for adventure mode. Also - are you now able to switch characters in story mode? I think I must've missed this

6 hours ago, Wolf_D_Flame said:

I guess it's more of a remake thing. New things cool, you take away things that where before not cool. Still for all I have seen about the game, I think it's gonna live to the nostalgia most of us have about it ( I still remember when I kicked N.Oxide with Pura the first time),  and at the same time keep the essence of the original with enough addition so it can be appealing for the actual generations for people without the nostalgia.

I really wonder what's gonna be the trophy list and also the rewards for getting the Relics and CTR, since bosses now are way easier to unlock I wonder what rewards they put on the old boss unlock condition.

But in any case in less than a month we gonna get back on the pedal and hunt those trophy while drifting in N.Oxide face, answering all missing questions about the game.

Well all purple coins used to unlock Fake Crash. Time trials unlocked N Trophy.

I'm also super curious about trophies, will they have a total of 52? Weapon trophies?

What do you mean they made it easier to unlock bosses? Previously you were required to get the trophies in each world.

3 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Yeah lol the video is full of trophy girls comments. Well it doesn't matter much. They perfected the world as we know, only thing I missed was the garage/put stops when selecting character for adventure mode. Also - are you now able to switch characters in story mode? I think I must've missed this

Well all purple coins used to unlock Fake Crash. Time trials unlocked N Trophy.

I'm also super curious about trophies, will they have a total of 52? Weapon trophies?

What do you mean they made it easier to unlock bosses? Previously you were required to get the trophies in each world.

If you’re playing the new version of the adventure Mode, you can customize and change characters and Karts every time you want... same about difficulty can be adjusted.

if you choose Classic Adventure Mode, you’ll unlock new stuff but you must complete the game with a single character.

You unlock each boss character as soon as you defeat them (except N Oxide, that requires you to 100% the game - from what I understood). Previously you had to complete CTR challenges and win the tournament in Adventure Mode to unlock bosses as playable characters.

Edited by TurtlePM

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-05-10 at 5:04 PM, Oblivion said:

Oh my god, did my prediction actually come true? Holy shit. This game man, this game.