How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

15 hours ago, Zockervater said:

I‘ve never played FF15 before and think about playing this gem. As a completionist I‘m worried about the comrades trophies, so maybe you can tell me:

- How long did it take for you to get all the comrades trophies offline?

- Should i start right off with comrades or should i play the main game until a certain point?

-Is it safe to update after getting the comrades trophies?

Ty in advance

I just recently finished it and took me ~50 hours. If you follow a guide (which I only partially did) it should take you less. I read some guy took 60 hours+

If you care about the story then play story first but that means you can't update and constantly have to cancel the updates each time. I never played the story (yet) and I still don't know what's going on so I feel like nothing is spoiled.

Yes I am re-downloading the rest of the DLC and patching.

On 16.9.2020 at 4:11 AM, SirWaWa said:

I just recently finished it and took me ~50 hours. If you follow a guide (which I only partially did) it should take you less. I read some guy took 60 hours+

If you care about the story then play story first but that means you can't update and constantly have to cancel the updates each time. I never played the story (yet) and I still don't know what's going on so I feel like nothing is spoiled.

Yes I am re-downloading the rest of the DLC and patching.

Just for understanding it right:

1. Install earlier Patch and play Comrades offline FIRST before the main game

2. Go Online and patch the game to the latest version. Enjoy main game and play through the other episodes.

You could start Comrades if u are online with your PlayStation, but you need to stop the download everytime manually. 

Thank you! 

Hi, guys.

I'm just curious, so for the UK PlayStation Store - there's a Royal Edition in digital form and it states that it includes the MULTIPLAYER: COMRADES DLC; also, there's now, at least on the UK Storefront, a separate purchase and downloadable MULTIPLAYER: COMRADES DLC available as an à la carte add-on.  

So, this makes me curious if the current state of the game can now be 100% completed again? Or do we still need to use this very tedious work-around; if so; I'll give #15 a miss entirely and just finish off 7, 8 9; possibly 7 REMAKE if that doesn't have any issues and ending with 16 when that comes out.  

Anything after 9 onwards, all the way up to 15; but before 15, gets very confusing as there's so many versions and variations of things.

Edited by J-S_93
Typo

On 20/09/2020 at 9:21 PM, J-S_93 said:

Hi, guys.

I'm just curious, so for the UK PlayStation Store - there's a Royal Edition in digital form and it states that it includes the MULTIPLAYER: COMRADES DLC; also, there's now, at least on the UK Storefront, a separate purchase and downloadable MULTIPLAYER: COMRADES DLC available as an à la carte add-on.  

So, this makes me curious if the current state of the game can now be 100% completed again? Or do we still need to use this very tedious work-around; if so; I'll give #15 a miss entirely and just finish off 7, 8 9; possibly 7 REMAKE if that doesn't have any issues and ending with 16 when that comes out.  

Anything after 9 onwards, all the way up to 15; but before 15, gets very confusing as there's so many versions and variations of things.

I just bought the royal addition last night. The stand alone comrades became free after buying the royal edition so im not sure if the dlc trophy version is in this ill have to test it and look into it.

Edited by gamingboy79

8 minutes ago, Brabantgamer777 said:

I'm hoping to get this working. I'm following the instructions, but when it comes to "map remote", that just doesn't show up. What do I do? 

Sometimes your monitor size can trick you, but the option is there. Is the last option, so just make sure your mouse is pointing up it. Click on it and the window shoudl pop. Not very difficult guide, and very well explained. 

1 hour ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Sometimes your monitor size can trick you, but the option is there. Is the last option, so just make sure your mouse is pointing up it. Click on it and the window shoudl pop. Not very difficult guide, and very well explained. 

I agree! I'd been very glad to follow it so far, just ran into that problem. Do you know how i might adjust the size of my monitor in that regard? Sorry, English is not my first language and I'm a total computer noob.

EDIT: I managed to get it working, and it 's downloading now. It takes 21 hours for a 23 GB update though (downloading the 1.18 version of Comrades) and I was wondering if that was normal. Because now I have to babysit a very long download every 30 minutes...

Edited by Brabantgamer777

7 hours ago, Brabantgamer777 said:

I agree! I'd been very glad to follow it so far, just ran into that problem. Do you know how i might adjust the size of my monitor in that regard? Sorry, English is not my first language and I'm a total computer noob.

EDIT: I managed to get it working, and it 's downloading now. It takes 21 hours for a 23 GB update though (downloading the 1.18 version of Comrades) and I was wondering if that was normal. Because now I have to babysit a very long download every 30 minutes...

Digital or physical?

4 hours ago, BlueFoxYOT said:

Digital or physical?

Physical! Even worse, over the course of the night, the ethernetcable I used got loose and I had to reconnect the internet. The json file is no longer there, but I left the PS4 on and the update stalled. Now it's continuing on, but there's 2 versions in Charles now, the 30 version and the 18 version which I wanted. I'm hoping its continuing the right one.

I have the royal digital (EU) and downloaded from there. Got with this method (downgrade to 1.26) all comrades trophies with no problems. 

I did comrades before playing the main game! 

There is a gamefaq walkthrough for all trophies out there. Just follow the walkthrough and you will get all the trophies easily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyFight0r said:

I have the royal digital (EU) and downloaded from there. Got with this method (downgrade to 1.26) all comrades trophies with no problems. 

I did comrades before playing the main game! 

There is a gamefaq walkthrough for all trophies out there. Just follow the walkthrough and you will get all the trophies easily.

Thanks

I finally managed to complete the download, and apparently it's to the right version, too! Now however, I keep getting error messages when trying to add my add-ons, so that I can actually download Comrades. It keeps saying WC-40383-3, what does that mean? I can access the PS Store just fine...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

I am no expert, but did you reconnect to your normal connection and not through your PC?

Once you have finished the patch you do not need Charles anymore.

I did! Managed to get the monthy PS4 + games and checked whether XV was on 1.18, which it was. Just can't access my add-ons. Tried with Monster Hunter, same story. Glad to see Charles worked (especially after babysitting it for four days!) but this is bumming me out hahah

Sorry for spamming up the board, but I was wondering also, is there any way for me to copy FFXV in the current 1.18 patched state it's in to like a USB or HDD, and then apply that to another PS4? Just so I don't have to go through 4 days of Charles if this suddenly fails on me or I accidentally update...

3 minutes ago, Brabantgamer777 said:

I did! Managed to get the monthy PS4 + games and checked whether XV was on 1.18, which it was. Just can't access my add-ons. Tried with Monster Hunter, same story. Glad to see Charles worked (especially after babysitting it for four days!) but this is bumming me out hahah

Sorry for spamming up the board, but I was wondering also, is there any way for me to copy FFXV in the current 1.18 patched state it's in to like a USB or HDD, and then apply that to another PS4? Just so I don't have to go through 4 days of Charles if this suddenly fails on me or I accidentally update...

Huh, that is strange. If you are not able to download it directly from your library or PS4, I would recommend trying the website/app. All you purchases should show there, and if your profile is set to primary on the PS4, you can initiate a download there. 

In regards to HDD backup, I don't see why not. I was planning on doing this once I got around to it. Let me know if that works, cause I was planning on trying to play it through an external HDD.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Huh, that is strange. If you are not able to download it directly from your library or PS4, I would recommend trying the website/app. All you purchases should show there, and if your profile is set to primary on the PS4, you can initiate a download there. 

In regards to HDD backup, I don't see why not. I was planning on doing this once I got around to it. Let me know if that works, cause I was planning on trying to play it through an external HDD.

Downloading it from the PS Store on my laptop did the trick, thank you so much! I am not so very pleased however to discover that over the course of downloading the downgrade for four days, I might have just burned that download bar into my TV screen....

And I finally got it working! Comrades is a go. Thank you so much to Golden Devil Gamer and everyone helping me out !

Edited by Brabantgamer777
  • Like 1

HOO this is some SERIOUS bullshit. I says to myself "time to tackle that backlog", and go for the FFXV 100%. Had the platinum, just needed to clear up the Royal Edition stuff, Episode Ardyn, and Comrades. Haven't touched it since....early 2018, I think?

....and now I come back to find that they added trophies to Comrades in March 2018....but then stripped it out of the menu of the base game and made it a standalone title in December 2018? So now I can't 100% FFXV unless I downgrade the version of FFXV using some kind of proxy software which probably doesn't work on my Google OS?!

.....Thank you, Square Enix, for ruining my chances at 100%. Wonderful, FANTASTIC idea to add trophies for a portion of a game to only strip it away, make it a separate title, and completely take away the ability to get said trophies only several months later. Good job. Awesome planning. ?

• Like 4