Project Platinum Plus: Choices and Consequences

MissShake

On 8/5/2020 at 8:43 PM, MissShake said:

Alright, friends, I think it's time to give this PP a massive overhaul, as it's clearly getting a bit messy. Here are some proposed ways to fix this PP up

• Remove Jurassic Park from the main ranks and keep it as a bonus game
  • Figure out which games are delisted and remove them from the main ranks as well. Maybe make a second Platinum rank for those who have every plat including delisted games
  • Adding Hidden Agenda, Oxenfree, Afterparty, Welsh Interactive games. I know, adding more games to make it less "messy" is backwards, but I think these all fit the theme and can maybe get more people coming back in.
  • I think keeping TWD games as they are makes the most sense, but if anyone has another idea for this I'm willing to listen! (As a reminder for what TWD games have going on: for the Hall of Fame you only need to have completed one runthrough of TWD's entire story. However, if you want the Still. Not. Bitten. bonus emblem you have to have completed every rerelease)

Let's discuss :D

Yay!

I totally back the removal of Jurassic Park, as it was not issued physically, rendering it nearly impossible to get with its delisting. There is already a badge for it, so list cleanup should not be too harsh. This would push me to earn a plat rank here, for sure.

Other removals would remove a few more Telltale games, but those are available as Season passes physically. Even Minecraft Season 1 has its DLC on disk. Removing these may be more of a pain than is worth. Plus, seeing something like Tales from the Borderlands get removed would be sad. 

The current TWD requirements are totally fair. One run thru of the story should suffice for credit.

The PP is pretty broad and big already. Adding FMV games may make it overwhelming. While, they technically fit the bill, they are kind of shiny point and click games. Those would make a cool, separate PP thread. 

Other games, like Hidden Agenda would be cool to have added. I think I previously mentioned A Way Out and Planet of the Apes as other fair additions here. I am sure there are too many games to consider for addition.

A much wilder idea that I will just throw out here is to make this a big Challenge Gate type of PP.  Have one TTG (or episodic games) thread, an FMV thread, a horror thread, and a base C&C thread. Crazy, I know. 

• Like 1

Sign me up please! I believe I qualify for Ever Vigilant, and hopefully still will after your overhaul.

1. Batman
  2. Batman: The Enemy Within
  3. Beyond: Two Souls
  4. Detroit: Become Human
  5. Game of Thrones
  6. Heavy Rain
  7. Jurassic Park (Episode 1, 2, 3, and 4)
  8. Life is Strange 
  9. Life is Strange 2
  10. Life is Strange: Before the Storm
  11. Minecraft: Story Mode 
  12. Minecraft: Story Mode Season Two
  13. Tales from the Borderlands
  14. The Walking Dead
  15. The Walking Dead Season Two
  16. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
  17. The Walking Dead: Michonne
  18. The Wolf Among Us

and Guardians of the Galaxy

Bonus emblems Out of Time, Some Assembly Required, Clever Girl, and Space Oddity.

Edited by Nebulaura90
Fixed a link

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Can you add me please?

I have the following games completed

-batman

-batman: the enemy within

-the council

-Detroit: become human
-Game of thrones

-Heavy Rain

-Life is strange

-Life is strange 2

-Life is strange: Before the storm

-Minecraft: Story Mode (No DLC)

-Minecraft: Story Mode season 2

-Tales from the borderlands

-Until Dawn

-The Walking Dead

-The Walking Dead Season 2

-The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

-The Walking Dead: The Final Season

-The Walking Dead: Collection

-The wolf among us

I believe this makes my total 21 and Qualifies me for Ever Vigilant category and the Out of Time emblem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 7:43 PM, MissShake said:

Alright, friends, I think it's time to give this PP a massive overhaul, as it's clearly getting a bit messy. Here are some proposed ways to fix this PP up

• Remove Jurassic Park from the main ranks and keep it as a bonus game
  • Figure out which games are delisted and remove them from the main ranks as well. Maybe make a second Platinum rank for those who have every plat including delisted games
  • Adding Hidden Agenda, Oxenfree, Afterparty, Welsh Interactive games. I know, adding more games to make it less "messy" is backwards, but I think these all fit the theme and can maybe get more people coming back in.
  • I think keeping TWD games as they are makes the most sense, but if anyone has another idea for this I'm willing to listen! (As a reminder for what TWD games have going on: for the Hall of Fame you only need to have completed one runthrough of TWD's entire story. However, if you want the Still. Not. Bitten. bonus emblem you have to have completed every rerelease)

Let's discuss :D

I've voted in the poll, but yes delisted games should be extra but not required.

Speaking of games to add, why are the Sam and Max or Strong Bad games not in here already?  Is it because they're more point and click than choose your path games, or because they didn't have a physical release?  As for adding more games, be aware that not every  Wales Interactive game is a choose your path game.  I would say yes to The Bunker, Late Shift, and The Complex because they rely on you choosing different branches of the story and that determines how the story ends.  The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker and The Shapeshifting Detective are more straightforward, but might warrant inclusion because you do have to choose the right suspect at the end of each story based on the questions you ask.  Whatever you do, do not include Headspun, that game is a buggy piece of crap where you cannot get the Platinum through normal gameplay.

7 hours ago, cycoivan said:

Speaking of games to add, why are the Sam and Max or Strong Bad games not in here already?  Is it because they're more point and click than choose your path games, or because they didn't have a physical release? 

It's because they are more point and click. I think digital only games are already in here :)

7 hours ago, cycoivan said:

As for adding more games, be aware that not every  Wales Interactive game is a choose your path game.  I would say yes to The Bunker, Late Shift, and The Complex because they rely on you choosing different branches of the story and that determines how the story ends.  The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker and The Shapeshifting Detective are more straightforward, but might warrant inclusion because you do have to choose the right suspect at the end of each story based on the questions you ask. 

I might have to play Dekker and Detective myself to see what you mean by that, but I'll definitely consider these points for sure :D

Alright guys, it seems like the poll has concluded that Jurassic Park should only be a bonus title. As such the change has now been made! This does mean that everyone who already has the special emblem for it have lost a game in their list, but no one deranked due to it. The other two questions are a little bit more divided, so I think I'll have to sit on them for a bit before we do anything else with them.

Edited by MissShake

I've voted in the poll as well, broadly delisted games should be bonus in my opinion.

I also have a suggestion as to what to do with The Walking Dead, which I did for Danganronpa 1&2 Reload for my Despair PP:

1. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)*
  2. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita)*
  3. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (Vita or PS4)
  4. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (Vita or PS4)
  5. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Vita or PS4)
  6. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita)
  7. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (Vita or PS4)

*Danganronpa 1&2 Reload can be substituted for Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganraonpa 2: Goodbye Despair. It will count as 2 plats for this PP. 

So for this PP, it could look like:

1. Batman (PS4 or PS3)
  3. Beyond: Two Souls (PS4 or PS3)
  4. The Council
  5. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
  6. Detroit: Become Human
  7. Game of Thrones (PS4 or PS3)
  8. Heavy Rain (PS4 or PS3)
  9. Indigo Prophecy
  10. Life is Strange (PS4 or PS3)
  11. Life is Strange 2
  12. Life is Strange: Before the Storm
  13. Minecraft: Story Mode (PS4 or PS3)
  14. Minecraft: Story Mode Season Two
  15. Tales from the Borderlands (PS4/PS3 or DG)
  16. Until Dawn
  17. The Walking Dead (PS4, PS3, Vita, JP)*^
  18. The Walking Dead Season Two (PS4, PS3, Vita)*^
  19. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier*^
  20. The Walking Dead: The Final Season (NA, EU, Disc)^
  21. The Walking Dead: Michonne (PS4 or PS3)*^
  22. The Wolf Among Us (PS4, PS3, Vita)

* A plat in The Walking Dead Collection counts as 4 plats for this PP (The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead Season Two, The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, The Walking Dead: Michonne)

^ A plat in The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series counts as 5 plats for this PP (The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead Season Two, The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, The Walking Dead: Michonne, The Walking Dead: The Final Season).

I feel like this way, the list of games accurately reflects the number of plats people actually need. Just my two cents :). 

1 minute ago, sundrew said:

I've voted in the poll as well, broadly delisted games should be bonus in my opinion.

I also have a suggestion as to what to do with The Walking Dead, which I did for Danganronpa 1&2 Reload for my Despair PP:

1. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)*
  2. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita)*
  3. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (Vita or PS4)
  4. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (Vita or PS4)
  5. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Vita or PS4)
  6. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita)
  7. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (Vita or PS4)

*Danganronpa 1&2 Reload can be substituted for Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganraonpa 2: Goodbye Despair. It will count as 2 plats for this PP. 

So for this PP, it could look like:

1. Batman (PS4 or PS3)
  3. Beyond: Two Souls (PS4 or PS3)
  4. The Council
  5. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
  6. Detroit: Become Human
  7. Game of Thrones (PS4 or PS3)
  8. Heavy Rain (PS4 or PS3)
  9. Indigo Prophecy
  10. Life is Strange (PS4 or PS3)
  11. Life is Strange 2
  12. Life is Strange: Before the Storm
  13. Minecraft: Story Mode (PS4 or PS3)
  14. Minecraft: Story Mode Season Two
  15. Tales from the Borderlands (PS4/PS3 or DG)
  16. Until Dawn
  17. The Walking Dead (PS4, PS3, Vita, JP)*^
  18. The Walking Dead Season Two (PS4, PS3, Vita)*^
  19. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier*^
  20. The Walking Dead: The Final Season (NA, EU, Disc)^
  21. The Walking Dead: Michonne (PS4 or PS3)*^
  22. The Wolf Among Us (PS4, PS3, Vita)

* A plat in The Walking Dead Collection counts as 4 plats for this PP (The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead Season Two, The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, The Walking Dead: Michonne)

^ A plat in The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series counts as 5 plats for this PP (The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead Season Two, The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, The Walking Dead: Michonne, The Walking Dead: The Final Season).

I feel like this way, the list of games accurately reflects the number of plats people actually need. Just my two cents :). 

This is already how it's set up :)

The Walking Dead series has a ridiculous amount of versions, but for the rankings you only need to have completed one version of this story. If you completed the Collection you still need to complete the Final Season since it isn't included in the Collection. If you completed the single seasons you have to complete them all. If you completed the Definitive Series then that counts as all the games. However, if you bought and beat every version, then you qualify for the Still. Not. Bitten. emblem.

I think the way I worded it could be better though, I'll change that to be a bit more clear in the games list!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I've qualified for Ever Vigilant now

Batman
Batman: The Enemy Within
Beyond: Two Souls

Detroit: Become Human
Game of Thrones
Heavy Rain
Life is Strange
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Minecraft: Story Mode
Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2
Tales from the Borderlands
Until Dawn
The Walking Dead - standalone
The Walking Dead Season 2 - standalone
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - standalone
The walking Dead: Michonne - standalone
The Walking Dead: Definitive Collection
    The Walking Dead: Final Season (as part of the definitive collection)
The Wolf Among Us

That's 19 and the rest should follow soon, I'm just waiting on Life is Strange 2 to go on sale again and I'll at least own all the ones I don't have

It should also put me in for Some Assembly Required

EDIT: While waiting for verification I got Detroit: Become Human.

Edited by cycoivan

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 1:01 PM, cycoivan said:

I believe I've qualified for Ever Vigilant now

That's 19 and the rest should follow soon, I'm just waiting on Life is Strange 2 to go on sale again and I'll at least own all the ones I don't have

It should also put me in for Some Assembly Required

Edited!

On 9. 12. 2019 at 1:16 PM, Kesme63 said:

Hello! Sign me up for 'Well played', I have platinums/100% for the following games:

1. Detroit: Become Human
  2. Life is Strange: Before the Storm
  3. Until Dawn
  4. The Walking Dead (PS4, PS3, Vita, JP)
  5. The Walking Dead Season Two (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  6. The Wolf Among Us (PS4, PS3, Vita)

On 8. 3. 2020 at 6:39 PM, Kesme63 said:

Hello! I am updating my list. Now I have Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm. That should make it 8 platinums.

Hello! Updating my list, I have Man of Medan platinum now. Will we be adding Little Hope on the list here, it's coming out this month?

9 hours ago, Kesme63 said:

Hello! Updating my list, I have Man of Medan platinum now. Will we be adding Little Hope on the list here, it's coming out this month?

Editing now~ Good question, probably! I'm thinking it might be time to make a bonus rank for all the Dark Pictures stuff too

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

i would like to apply for The Quicker Men with currently 10 Platinums:

Batman PS3
Beyond: Two Souls PS4
Game of Thrones PS4
Heavy Rain PS3
Life is Strange PS3
Life is Strange: Before the Storm PS4
Minecraft: Story Mode PS3
The Walking Dead PS3
The Walking Dead: Michonne PS3
The Walking Dead: Season 2 PS4

Have a nice day fellow hunters

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, I am adding Little Hope to this PP! I will be looking into Hidden Agenda and The Impatient soon to see if they will be added to this PP as well. A bonus rank for games by Supermassive is in heavy consideration as well, so I'll be adding a poll about that soon!

I am also looking into the delisted games (I kinda like the idea of a higher rank for those who have the plats for them, so that may be coming soon as well if there are no heavy objections). If anyone has a list of the games in here that are currently delisted that would be incredibly helpful!

I have also decided against the Challenge Gate idea as it seems like most of you disliked this idea. So suffice it to say there will be some changes coming soon! Thanks for sticking around~

My collection here:

1. Batman

2. Batman Enemy Within

3. Beyond Two Souls (both stacks)

4. Detroit Become Human

5. Game of Thrones

6. Heavy Rain (both stacks)

7. Life is Strange (both stacks)

8. Life is Strange 2

9. Life is Strange Before the Storm

10. Until Dawn

11. The Walking Dead (Season 1)

12. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

Also Guardians of the Galaxy :)

On 11/5/2020 at 11:46 PM, MissShake said:

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, I am adding Little Hope to this PP! I will be looking into Hidden Agenda and The Impatient soon to see if they will be added to this PP as well. A bonus rank for games by Supermassive is in heavy consideration as well, so I'll be adding a poll about that soon!

I am also looking into the delisted games (I kinda like the idea of a higher rank for those who have the plats for them, so that may be coming soon as well if there are no heavy objections). If anyone has a list of the games in here that are currently delisted that would be incredibly helpful!

I have also decided against the Challenge Gate idea as it seems like most of you disliked this idea. So suffice it to say there will be some changes coming soon! Thanks for sticking around~

Aw dang it, just when I had all of the original list done (just finished Man of Medan tonight).  Well in any case I have all the games minus Little Hope (which should be soon as I bought a copy).

Since the last message I have Man of Medan, The Council, Indigo Prophecy, Life is Strange 2, Walking Dead Final Season Standalone, and The Walking Dead Collection.  I already have Hidden Agenda and the Inpatient if you add those.

So that should also add me to the ranks of Still. Not. Bitten, My Turn to Decide, and Out of Time at least.

Hi, please sign me up.

https://i.imgur.com/hd3bx8t.png The Quicker Man - complete 10 of the games

Batman

The Council

Game of Thrones

Heavy Rain

Life is Strange

The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead Season Two

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

The Walking Dead: Michonne

The Wolf Among Us

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 1:25 AM, cycoivan said:

Aw dang it, just when I had all of the original list done (just finished Man of Medan tonight).  Well in any case I have all the games minus Little Hope (which should be soon as I bought a copy).

Since the last message I have Man of Medan, The Council, Indigo Prophecy, Life is Strange 2, Walking Dead Final Season Standalone, and The Walking Dead Collection.  I already have Hidden Agenda and the Inpatient if you add those.

So that should also add me to the ranks of Still. Not. Bitten, My Turn to Decide, and Out of Time at least.

That's it, I think I've done it.  I've just finished Little Hope and to my records, I should be the first for A Moment of Awe and Victory.

Word to the wise, if you play Little Hope, back up your saves often.  It likes to crash when saving and will corrupt your save file.

• 3 weeks later...

Up to 21 now:

Batman 
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
Game of Thrones 
Heavy Rain 
Life is Strange 
Minecraft: Story Mode Season Two
Until Dawn
The Wolf Among Us 
Life is Strange 2
The Council

The Walking Dead: The Final Season 

Via The Walking Dead Collection:

The Walking Dead 

The Walking Dead Season Two 
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
The Walking Dead: Michonne 

Only missing Little Hope and Indigo Prophecy, but they are in my near-proximity backlog.

Should qualify for Ever Vigilant

Also, Out of Time, Some Assembly Required, and Space Oddity.