The Grand Tour Game Trophy Thoughts?

MidnightDragon

7 hours ago, BritishFreak007 said:

Watch out folks, I think "A King On His Throne" might be missable.

I got gold on every challenge for all the available episodes so far, and then went back to get a toilet rating. I got one, and then finished the episode, but the game remembered my original Gold finish. The trophy did not pop.

If you finish the whole game, including Season 3 episodes with all gold, you might not be able to go back and get a toilet rating.

MAKE SURE TO GET A TOILET RATING AS YOUR FIRST MEDAL FOR AT LEAST ONE CHALLENGE

Let me know if this is just an anomaly, and you were able to unlock it after already getting gold. 

I got all gold medals first and then went back and got the "A King On His Throne" trophy.

@FlareZero Its an interesting concept for a game. The transition from video to gameplay I felt was really fluent, driving wise the vehicles handled pretty well and nothing was too much of a challenge to point of it being no fun which for me happens a lot in racing games. It also managed to capture the likeness of the trio extremely well. Overall I was satisfied with what I got for the price I paid so id say yes. It is a good game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

So, there are new trophies.. Are they already available? (not sure when the show actually will be aired..).

I also expect them to be free, since rhey are Season 3 Episode 1 dlc trophies. 

It's available, I just finished it. This episode was pretty easy, only retried one scene and that was the drifting one and even then I found out how to cheat that now by just spamming square the whole track.

25 minutes ago, NutellaOrgies said:

It's available, I just finished it. This episode was pretty easy, only retried one scene and that was the drifting one and even then I found out how to cheat that now by just spamming square the whole track.

Cool!! 

I will have a crazy Saturday with 3 long before boost sessions, but I hope to download the game and at least start it (along my weekly Injustice 2 and Gems of War guild stuff... Ya, way to much stuff to put in about a day and half..)

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

So, there are new trophies.. Are they already available? (not sure when the show actually will be aired..).

I also expect them to be free, since rhey are Season 3 Episode 1 dlc trophies. 

All episodes are in with the purchase price so yes they are free.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZACHSP8 said:

All episodes are in with the purchase price so yes they are free.

Ok, that's good! 

I actually just asked because usually with this kind of things all trophies are on the list from the start, or they are add as the episodes are released, but in this case, the base list already had trophies for the episodes, so I was surprised to see extra trophies add as dlc for the same episode. 

1 hour ago, NutellaOrgies said:

It's funny you say that. I got gold on the drift challenge on my second attempt but the fizz one before that with James May took me about an hour to get gold. I swear to get to 5 pops, the drive has to be absolutely perfect. There seemed to be literally no margin for error. I would get to 4 and 3 quarters over and over again with what felt like a perfect run each time before getting it.

10 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

It's funny you say that. I got gold on the drift challenge on my second attempt but the fizz one before that with James May took me about an hour to get gold. I swear to get to 5 pops, the drive has to be absolutely perfect. There seemed to be literally no margin for error. I would get to 4 and 3 quarters over and over again with what felt like a perfect run each time before getting it.

Actually forgot that one lol. That did take me a couple tries too.

Yea the fizz challenge was difficult. If you went off the track onto the grass it reset, but if you went too slow you didn't build enough fizz.

Overall I really enjoy watching the episode and playing the chapter right after. It's a clever mechanic that I hope they continue to improve on. A little more variety in the challenges would go a long way as well. 

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Is this game's Platinum unobtainable? There are like 10 trophies with 0% of players having acquired them. I take it we have to wait till all episodes are released?

That is correct. The new episodes for the game will be released weekly to coincide with the release of the show's episodes.

• Like 1