Xbox one preorders ahead of Ps4

drummerklg

Maybe it's because pre-orders have universally been available sooner? Or possibly because there are a greater number of general Microsoft console consumers when compared to the Playstation?

You also have parents conditioned to prioritize the Xbox to the Playstation, especially if they don't do independent research and assume based on what they assume their kid currently has or likes.

Hooo that is REALLY FAR-FETCHED, don't you think so? The answer is much more obvious.

Duhh.

I won't be pre-ordering the PS4 but im definitely going with Playstation though, I'll wait till it comes out and see what Packages are offered and pricing dont want to preorder it with someone and only to find someone offering a better deal and exclusives. However pretty sure demand is gonna be high so might end having trouble finding a retailer with stock so that the only benefit with pre-ordering it is you guaranteed a console.

I won't be pre-ordering the PS4 but im definitely going with Playstation though, I'll wait till it comes out and see what Packages are offered and pricing dont want to preorder it with someone and only to find someone offering a better deal and exclusives. However pretty sure demand is gonna be high so might end having trouble finding a retailer with stock so that the only benefit with pre-ordering it is you guaranteed a console.

That's exactly why I caved and pre-ordered before any bundle deals were revealed. It's going to be fuggin hard to find a PS4 at retail in the lead-up to Xmas.

That and I want to maximise the benefits of PS+ for PS4 by being there from launch day. If I waited 6 months (as I did for PS3), I'd lose out on the freebies and discounts that will inevitably come our way. I reckon we'll get much more out of that than waiting on a bundle.

• Like 1

You know why Xbox One is selling more? because the Xbox One already has a price. PS4 does not.

it said the ps4 will be at $400 in US while 350 at EU, don't know if this is the real price but this is what i heard so far.

also i bet microsoft have a hands at those Preorders numbers, with all those restrictions to block used games and always connected crap or need to check every 24H like if their spying on their users how all those peoples preorder an xbox one that fast?

it said the ps4 will be at $400 in US while 350 at EU, don't know if this is the real price but this is what i heard so far.

also i bet microsoft have a hands at those Preorders numbers, with all those restrictions to block used games and always connected crap or need to check every 24H like if their spying on their users how all those peoples preorder an xbox one that fast?

Xbox Fanyboys only care about online and online only. Of course they are going to preorder right away! Xbox One owners will consist of a bunch of snobby rich kids who mooch off their parents in the basement.

PS. I now know ps4 will be $400. The post I made was before the conference. Now that we have a price (esp. one 100 dollars less), the PS4 will probably catch up rather quickly

• Like 1

That's exactly why I caved and pre-ordered before any bundle deals were revealed. It's going to be fuggin hard to find a PS4 at retail in the lead-up to Xmas.

That and I want to maximise the benefits of PS+ for PS4 by being there from launch day. If I waited 6 months (as I did for PS3), I'd lose out on the freebies and discounts that will inevitably come our way. I reckon we'll get much more out of that than waiting on a bundle.

i think you have just convinced me to pre-order it. Let me get my wedding out of the way this July (costing a fortune) then see if i have any money left after the honey moon come august. I want the PS4 now lol why do they torture us like this making us wait so long

This is just one example from a local game store in a small city, but I think it's telling. My local store manager told me his allotment of PS4's was doubled after E3, and he's already completely sold-out of pre-orders. Meanwhile, he is getting around 30 X-Ones at launch. However, he's going to have to lower that number, because if he doesn't sell out of the pre-orders by next week, they lower that number. He said he's far from selling out the X-One preorders.

Xbox Fanyboys only care about online and online only. Of course they are going to preorder right away! Xbox One owners will consist of a bunch of snobby rich kids who mooch off their parents in the basement.

PS. I now know ps4 will be $400. The post I made was before the conference. Now that we have a price (esp. one 100 dollars less), the PS4 will probably catch up rather quickly

i guess you're right :)

when sony throw the death blow to microsoft at E3 2013, i think xbox fanboys goes like " man that's a real beat to us :( .. but we don't go down that easily, so let's us all work together and show the world how the Xbox ONE is still gonna sell better *every Xbox fanboy pre-order two Xbox ONE* " xD 

i guess you're right :)

when sony throw the death blow to microsoft at E3 2013, i think xbox fanboys goes like " man that's a real beat to us :( .. but we don't go down that easily, so let's us all work together and show the world how the Xbox ONE is still gonna sell better *every Xbox fanboy pre-order two Xbox ONE* " xD

I know it's hard to say, but there are a lot more MS fanboys than Sony fanboys (who'd guess!). However, Sony has the upper hand. If you think of the average consumer, 100 dollars less is 100 dollars less no matter how you look at it. If a parent looks at the price and see that you don't have to be online constantly for the XBone (which you'd be forced to pay for live), it's a no brainer!

I know it's hard to say, but there are a lot more MS fanboys than Sony fanboys (who'd guess!). However, Sony has the upper hand. If you think of the average consumer, 100 dollars less is 100 dollars less no matter how you look at it. If a parent looks at the price and see that you don't have to be online constantly for the XBone (which you'd be forced to pay for live), it's a no brainer!

that's actually true!

the last comment i did about xbox fanboys is just for fun.