Xbox one preorders ahead of Ps4

drummerklg

Amazon UK has revealed that pre-orders for PlayStation 4 are a mere 2.3 per cent behind those for Xbox One.

“It’s not clear yet which of the two will have the edge when they launch later this year – what’s certain, though, is that fans are already excited about how the next generation of consoles will change the world of gaming and home entertainment,” said Amazon EU’s Xavier Garabois.

Amazon UK’s head of videogames, Ketu Patel, added: “Both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are set to have a huge impact, not just in terms of cutting edge games but also as part of the way in which families enjoy home entertainment.

“It will be fascinating to see how the battle between the two console giants develops over the coming months – the fight for who’s going to be the must-have Christmas present is only just beginning.”

Edited by drummerklg

I cant fathom why anyone would pre-order anything if they dont know the price of it.

And we dont know what is in the package.

When the xbox 360 launch was compared to the PS3 - the PS3 looked very expensive at £120 more then the 360, but you got a wifi module (a £50 xbox accessory) a BD Drive (MS had a £100 HD-DVD accessory) and a rechargeable controller into that package.

This made the PS3 the better value for money but who does a VfM study when comparing consoles?

Obviously not those that pre-order an unknown item!

Really surprised by this. I mean almost everyone was crying about the XBOX One and said that they're gonna switch to PS4. The console wars on gamespot also said completely different things, PS4 was leading with about 80-90% of the votes.

Anyway, once again this is proof that most people probably still stick with Microsoft even after that fail presentation, pretty interested if they are gonna screw up today again.

And also, we still don't know as much about the PS4 as we know about the XBOX, so let's see how the numbers will look after E3.

Then why do we care if microsoft employs pre order a xboxone if people that work with sony can do that with PS4?

I doubt these pre orders in amazon will have huge effect anyway.

If you don't care, why are you putting so much time and effort in this by posting a reply :hmm: ? But you're right, the pre-orders don't have an effect on anything.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Except I just been to the US version of Amazon.com, Bestbuy.com & Gamestop.com. There are no option for pre-ordering the PS4 on those websites that I find. But that's not the case with the Xbox One. 

So until someone can go to amazon and pre-order a PS4 with the click of a button, It's pretty pointless to compare let alone get worked up about.

So everyone relax, the PS4 is going to be awesome and successful, stop fretting over nothing.   :lol:

Guys, guys, we all know what is really going on here.

Microsoft paid Amazon to make them look better after all the mistakes they have made with the Xbox One so far.

Now every dumbfuck is like oh my gawd the Xbox One has more sales, it must be better than the PS4, I MUST pre-order it. Let me, where is my mommy's creditcard?

So Microsoft makes more money in the end. Shame on you, Microsoft.

This is a lie and for sure Microsoft paid them to say that. No one is giving a shit about this garbage Xbox one and just false advertisement to attract peoples attention.

Damn, you were ahead of me. 

So true.

Guys, guys, we all know what is really going on here.

Microsoft paid Amazon to make them look better after all the mistakes they have made with the Xbox One so far.

Now every dumbfuck is like oh my gawd the Xbox One has more sales, it must be better than the PS4, I MUST pre-order it. Let me, where is my mommy's creditcard?

So Microsoft makes more money in the end. Shame on you, Microsoft.

Damn, you were ahead of me. 

So true.

Its ok friend loooooooooooooool.

Maybe it's because pre-orders have universally been available sooner? Or possibly because there are a greater number of general Microsoft console consumers when compared to the Playstation?

You also have parents conditioned to prioritize the Xbox to the Playstation, especially if they don't do independent research and assume based on what they assume their kid currently has or likes.